Racing in your area? Fast imports and domestics

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
It seems everything here is fast. We've got it all, domestic, import, exotic, you name it. As much power as I have, I'd get left behind by a lot of cars. Doesn't stop me from taking down some unsuspecting ones though lol.

Turbo04Mystichr

Established Member
It seems everything here is fast. We've got it all, domestic, import, exotic, you name it. As much power as I have, I'd get left behind by a lot of cars. Doesn't stop me from taking down some unsuspecting ones though lol.

WOW with that much power and torque in your lightning you STILL have trouble? do you have traction issues or something or are the cars out there that fast? remind me never to go to your area lol. btw i love your lightning. always wanted one but always kept with mustangs and never had the funds to have both

BlckBullitt01

Established Member
Here in Concord/ Charlotte street racing is getting out of hand.

I'm sure you've read the news on the huge busts they have been having..?

I think other areas have more ultra high HP cars, but we have shit tons of 400-700Hp cars roaming in packs...

Just last night I pulled in a gas station and seen an F430 sitting at a pump, before I got inside a basically full drag fox body pulled up behind him.

I really should have got a pic. It would have made for some very good posters...

Edit: In College Station TX the Chebby is king of the roads...

More F-body muscle than you can shake a stick at! We do have S_X_I to deal with a few of them though... :rockon:

We've got UGR right here also :banana: :banana:, I've ran across one of their built Vipers before on the street..

LOLasaurus

Established Member
Not too many crazy cars around here but then again not everyone with a crazy fast car goes to meets. My buddy used to have a T76 '01 GT, sold it for a 400fwhp GTI. theres a couple 500whp evos, an LSX C6Z, and others.

Then you have the WTF cars. There was some Kia hatchback that I saw take off from a light awhile back and that thing just hauled ass like crazy. I mean Ive seen some pretty fast cars but when I saw this Kia take off I literally said WTF.

As for getting along, IMO that really depends on the age and ignorance. There are ignorant people everywhere but as people get older they tend to be less ignorant. Around here almost everyone gets along. We've had car meets were there are 03 cobras with a classic porsche on one side and a 94 civic hatch on the other. But don't get me wrong there are still the guys that swear up and down that whatever they are driving is the greatest thing on 4 wheels. Hell theres one guy, 23 y/o I believe that swears his bolt on sentra ser is gods chariot. If anyone beats him in a drag he challanges them to a race around the twisty road that loops the city park which is about 1 mile away from the police station...not the brightest guy.

Last edited:

Turbo04Mystichr

Established Member
Not too many crazy cars around here but then again not everyone with a crazy fast car goes to meets. My buddy used to have a T76 '01 GT, sold it for a 400fwhp GTI. theres a couple 500whp evos, an LSX C6Z, and others.

Then you have the WTF cars. There was some Kia hatchback that I saw take off from a light awhile back and that thing just hauled ass like crazy. I mean Ive seen some pretty fast cars but when I saw this Kia take off I literally said WTF.

As for getting along, IMO that really depends on the age and ignorance. There are ignorant people everywhere but as people get older they tend to be less ignorant. Around here almost everyone gets along. We've had car meets were there are 03 cobras with a classic porsche on one side and a 94 civic hatch on the other. But don't get me wrong there are still the guys that swear up and down that whatever they are driving is the greatest thing on 4 wheels. Hell theres one guy, 23 y/o I believe that swears his bolt on sentra ser is gods chariot. If anyone beats him in a drag he challanges them to a race around the twisty road that loops the city park which is about 1 mile away from the police station...not the brightest guy.

yeah that guy with the sentra doesn't sound like the brightest bulb in the pack...

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
WOW with that much power and torque in your lightning you STILL have trouble? do you have traction issues or something or are the cars out there that fast? remind me never to go to your area lol. btw i love your lightning. always wanted one but always kept with mustangs and never had the funds to have both

Thanks man. :beer:

Yes cars are that fast here. Two things to consider though. Yeah I'll destroy 99% of the cars out there, but when you go to meets there's a high concentration of fast stuff there. Also those numbers in my sig are on my race tune. I still make over 700 on pump gas, even more on my street "race" tune, but when you're surrounded by lighter built and blown Mustangs and stroker/sprayed Vettes, it makes it tough lol. I hold my own though. :rolling:

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I've pretty much got out of the scene around here since I sold my Cobra but it was mostly domestic or the serious players were. I was never out ran in my pullied cobra if that gives you an idea of how weak the racing is. There were a couple of guys who could of but they were all mustang buddies of mine. There are a lot of import guys around here but other than a fart can there is nothing with serious mods.

Turbo04Mystichr

Established Member
Thanks man. :beer:

Yes cars are that fast here. Two things to consider though. Yeah I'll destroy 99% of the cars out there, but when you go to meets there's a high concentration of fast stuff there. Also those numbers in my sig are on my race tune. I still make over 700 on pump gas, even more on my street "race" tune, but when you're surrounded by lighter built and blown Mustangs and stroker/sprayed Vettes, it makes it tough lol. I hold my own though. :rolling:

I bet you can hold your own lol. i don't even know my numbers yet but everyone i talk to with similar setups says it will be alot. i'll know my numbers for sure July 6th finally after my car has been sitting for 2 years. but my biggest problem will be traction.:D

chinchilla

Established Member
Some of you guys live in great areas, around here it kinda sucks, hard to find a race, and I've never lost a race. It's pretty sad.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
We have a little bit of everything in my neck of the woods. About 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta and we get anything from your typical ricer that looks like the Pep Boys themselves gang banged his car, to insanely quick domestics built by the likes of MPH and Vengeance Racing or MTI. Alot of cars in the 500whp(imports and american) area, that seems to be the most common class of car.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
We have a bunch of fast cars up here. Alot of imports, and domestics. But we also have our share of idiot "rice". Just last night we went out quick for some racing with a 585whp C6Z, 600whp 996TT, 440whp civic, and a 738whp hatch. I have noticed the scene has slowly tapered off some, mostly b/c all the "fast" guys dont want to deal with the idiot kids and all of the ricer bullshit(mentality wise). Seems like they cant go 1/2hr without bumping their stereo's and doing burnouts, which usually result in clutch smoke lol. We used to get a handfull of 8-9 second cars, and a bunch of 10/11 second cars, with the occasional 7sec ride here and there coming to the "lot" every Fri-Sat night.

I really wanna take a TX trip soon, and may move down eventually!

Last edited:

deannyc

Str8
Established Member
Watched a TT Gallardo(sp) and a Single Supra go at it a few nights ago..
Watched a caged KB cobra lose to a civic hatch.
Watched an 11 second Maxima beat a newer z06.

Like I said, the imports seem to be the fancy of the immigrants/minorites, where as the domestic tends to be the good ol boy way.
Dont know why that is...
Respect for both.

Last edited:

Jaysin

Established Member
Jeez, the scene in Tx sounds insane. Theres nothing in my town, 4 Srt4s and thats about it. I own one of the 4 (slowest), one buddy has Stg 3 Delta kit/full bolt ons thats around 385-390fwhp/4xxtrq, the other friend has an AGP 3147 kit with supporting mods sitting right at 400fwhp/4xxtrq, then theres my srt, lowered and just have a wga for performance, also have carbon hood and trunk, im probably pushing 230-240fwhp/2xxtrq on a good day. Lastly my best friend just put a 50 Trim on his before he went to basic, doesnt have the fuel he needs and no numbers yet, should easily see 420-450fwhp on pump.

We mostly go to Steele Alabama for drag racing at the track on friday nights or sunday afternoons. We used to go to Kennesaw around Barrett Pkwy, used to be some good meets but nothing but ricers now. Also would catch the odd time where there were a few cool people at Barrett that we would follow into Gwinnett County for bigger meets, etc. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread