Raced a pair of vettes and a bolt-on terminator in my VR-4--video

NOMIEZVR4

Established Member

I was supposed to run the cobra again from a 3rd gear 60 roll but we never got a chance to line up again. Beautiful car though. :) Were going to line up again in the coming weeks though...and I wont be running 16lbs of boost next time around...;)

NOMIEZVR4

Established Member
New member: yes
Troll: no

I posted the video on ls1tech so i figured since there is a terminator in the video, I may as well post it here. :)

Thanks for putting the video in the right forum. What does a 03-04 terminator trap in the 1/4 with bolt-ons? I figure my car is about a 116 car(420whp@34XXlbs)

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Video quality is very period correct. I feel like it's 1994 when watching the video except for when I see the vettes.

Nice VR4 and it's pretty quick.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Definitely seems like a strong running VR-4, pretty rare to see one of those nowadays that isn't a shit box. Care to list your mods?

NOMIEZVR4

Established Member
Definitely seems like a strong running VR-4, pretty rare to see one of those nowadays that isn't a shit box. Care to list your mods?

Thanks! Its been my dream car for as long as I can remember. I'm happy that I've been able to make it to my liking. The story behind this car is that this is my 2nd time out to race with my red VR-4. I previously had a black one which I totaled last year. I swapped everything over and just now got it road worthy. When I get some kinks worked out ill switch back to e85. All in all, its a 600+whp setup if everything works as it should. I'll likely keep it at ~500 on 93. Its plenty quick as is and I'm not trying to be king of the street.

Its got the essentials, but is not cranked up to KILL..yet. :)
pistons/rods
cams
lightly ported heads
16g turbo's x2
fuel managment
weight reduction-34XXlbs down from 3780lbs stock but still retains all creature comforts..ac/ps/pwr everything.

WhatsApp%20Image%202017-02-13%20at%209.17.43%20PM_zpso6ekofne.jpg

WhatsApp%20Image%202016-12-26%20at%2011.54.15%20AM%201_zpst7sxmdtg.jpg

WhatsApp%20Image%202017-02-13%20at%209.30.14%20PM_zpslkvv6r3e.jpg

Last edited:

NOMIEZVR4

Established Member
Video quality is very period correct. I feel like it's 1994 when watching the video except for when I see the vettes.

Nice VR4 and it's pretty quick.

haha..yeah its definitely a bit of a throwback for sure...:D Thanks!

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Wow OP! I love it. Brings back a flood of memories from my Supra days in the late 90s.

What have you done to the trans mount to keep it from breaking? Isn't that the main weak spot?

NOMIEZVR4

Established Member
Wow OP! I love it. Brings back a flood of memories from my Supra days in the late 90s.

What have you done to the trans mount to keep it from breaking? Isn't that the main weak spot?

Its not the trans mount which is the weak spot. When making a decent amt of torque, say 500+ft lbs of combined with a hefty weight of 3700+lbs(most cars are not as light as mine), the transmission bell housing has a tendency of developing cracks and eventually splitting when doing hard launches. The fix to this is very simple, a $40 aluminum brace is welded in place and it solves that issue...and yes I do have that brace welded in, otherwise stock drive train with the exception of a clutch.

These cars do have a reputation for bad transmissions but it was mostly the early models(91-92) which were weak. 93 onwards till the end of production, had beefed up components which made them much more durable. However nowadays since most cars are beat up and near the end of their life, its not uncommon to find transmissions that don't shift properly amongst other things.

Thanks for the compliment, my cousin just sold his EVO and picked up a 97 TT which makes 1000+whp...hell of a ride!

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Aren't you on TCG?

Thought your car made about 540 whp and was black.

No surprise you hurt the feelings of a bolt-on 03/04. You've got close to 100whp and about 400LBS less weight.

NOMIEZVR4

Established Member
Aren't you on TCG?

Thought your car made about 540 whp and was black.

No surprise you hurt the feelings of a bolt-on 03/04. You've got close to 100whp and about 400LBS less weight.

Hey there! yeah I'm on TCG as well..!

However as this one currently sits, its making 420whp on 93 octane.

Users who are viewing this thread