Race of the weekened

mebetter

Established Member
Kudos for keeping your word and not backing down. From what I've learned if someone tries to tell you you don't wanna run me I'm making xxx power now then that means they are trying to bs and scare you off. Because when guys really are going to smoke you they try to keep their hp level and mods on the dl.

stangaholic280

Established Member
The end of the video where the vette brake lights fire and you finally pass. Flyby.

Meh, it wasn't a flyby lol. A flyby would require acceleration. He hit the brakes pretty hard, cut across behind me and immediately took the exit. I don't really like to brake hard at 120+...my pads are already worn to nubs, so I coasted down. Watch it again, I coasted by him, no gas pedal. Hardly a flyby.

Last edited:

SVT LOL

Established Member
Meh how am I supposed to know. The same story never came out of your mouth from the moment you got there...one minute your saying 832 the next your saying 6-something lol. :bs: What the hells the difference anyways, with me and my passenger my car weighed 3900+ Lbs...If I was 832 and you were 750 you still woulda pulled on me, disadvantage of having 4 seats and a trunk.

Moral of the story...if I woulda had Mickey Thompsons I woulda pulled 10 cars on your ass! :burnout:

ya we all can dream, i thought those nittos were comparable to my M/T

JustaGT5408

Established Member
nice run! that vette definately moves out and i never said it didnt. good job not backing down stangaholic even when u are the heavier car with less power. 4-5 cars? are we talking about the little smart cars or normal sized vehicles here:poke: looked more like 3 at the most from the video when u let off

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
You guys are such haters lol. You can't tell me if you set up a race (that included a bet and agreed upon conditions!) that you thought maybe you had a shot at and then a few hours before hand your competition texts you and says he tacked on an extra 80-90HP that you would be ecstatic.

Well, I'm glad I could appease all of you guys....I went out and raced him anyways. I did want to do it for fun...but I also wanted to stand some sort of chance lol. we did a 40-140. I got beat by 2 if you ask the spectators....3 if you ask SVT LOL. I'll post the video up in a minute. I spun like nuts...it's 63* here lol, no missed gears on either part, once he started pulling though, he didnt stop. Oh well, 754 HP Cobra didn't hang with an 832 HP ZO6...surprise surprise :shrug:

Good runs and a lot closer than I expected:thumbsup: Props for taking the race as a huge underdog.

And I agree 100%.... After beating one of my buddies with his exhaust /intake Evo 9, his buddy in a full bolt-on, upgraded turbo, tuned eve 8 wanted to run. He was pushing 430 awhp to my 300 rwhp. I never even tried because
I didn't see the point. The outcome was a foregone conclusion.

SVT LOL

Established Member
nice run! that vette definately moves out and i never said it didnt. good job not backing down stangaholic even when u are the heavier car with less power. 4-5 cars? are we talking about the little smart cars or normal sized vehicles here:poke: looked more like 3 at the most from the video when u let off

who cares 1 car or 20 cars, a win is a win.
looking forward to doing it again :thumbsup:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
who cares 1 car or 20 cars, a win is a win.
looking forward to doing it again :thumbsup:

At the track I would agree.... But on the street given the huge advantage you have with wt...... Even if you guys are at equal hp it seems like you should have pulled harder. Were you pedaling?:shrug: yeah you won but it's not as convincing a win as it should have been- just saying. He is gears, 75 shot or slicks away from nailing you. Plus w/o his passenger.... Something seems a bit off...

02reaper

Established Member
Stangaholic280, good job man, at least you tried. I think its a pussy move on svtlol's part to go and have his car tweaked after a bet was made.

SVT GI

Established Member
Good job stangaholic, even it up with a second power adder like the vette has and you got him. A 75 shot and some tires and you're good.

stangaholic280

Established Member
Thanks for the support guys.

Your right Billy, a win is a win, no doubt you laid the smack down on me...but honestly I like to have some sort of "measurement" of how much I lost by just so I know where I stand. It's no discredit to your car...shit is fast as f**k but heck it's just what people do.

I won't lie, I could probably use a little bit of driver mod too. I don't street race a lot...I didn't miss any gears but a more experienced racer could've probably dropped 1/2-1 cars of what I did.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
good death man. way to stick it through even though he upped the hp. to bad you didn't have a 3.4 lol..

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Good race guys, thanks for following through and posting it up! Props all around :beer:

Established Member
Plus w/o his passenger....

Both cars had passengers.

Both cars are fast as HELL. I'll give credit to both of you for building 2 nasty azz cars.
I will say this, Stangaholic280 doesn't have to worry about getting beat from a roll by any other Vettes around here. I jacked around with him on the hwy a bit with my H/C Vette and lets just say my 125 shot wasn't nearly enough LOL

Good job guys :thumbsup:

SVT LOL

Established Member
At the track I would agree.... But on the street given the huge advantage you have with wt...... Even if you guys are at equal hp it seems like you should have pulled harder. Were you pedaling?:shrug: yeah you won but it's not as convincing a win as it should have been- just saying. He is gears, 75 shot or slicks away from nailing you. Plus w/o his passenger.... Something seems a bit off...

my passanger was 200 +, his was his wife probally 100 pounds soaking wet.
get some nitrous and ill put the kill tune in and still win :poke:

Stangaholic280, good job man, at least you tried. I think its a pussy move on svtlol's part to go and have his car tweaked after a bet was made.

i had to get the car tweaked, it was a whole new motor. i made 755 on the old one. we took the tune to the limit then backed it off alot. i doubt i will even put down 750 right now.

Good job stangaholic, even it up with a second power adder like the vette has and you got him. A 75 shot and some tires and you're good.

:lol: need two power adders to keep up.

Fox Fan

Average guy
Established Member
That Corvette walked out pretty hard. It was definitely hooking a lot better than the cobra. For you guys saying that he didn't win convincingly, I'm wondering what video you're watching. We're talking two fast-as-**** cars here and the race lasted less than 10 seconds ending with the vette out front pulling hard.

Anyway, glad the race went down. The build-up and anticipation made it fun to watch.

Chris

Fox Fan

Average guy
Established Member
:lol: need two power adders to keep up.

Your car is making some good power, now. It's all about getting it to stick. You'll be a tough race for anyone, because traction at your power level and above is tough. You still running stock 18" wheels? Wouldn't think MTs would hold at that power. My MTs on 17" wheels don't.

If you don't mind me asking, how much boost did it take to make 83x rwhp? Also, do you honestly not know what you detuned it to or just prefer not to let the cat out?

Watching races like this makes me miss my car and street racing so much. I'm stationed in Germany. I have a C5 over here, but it's not the same... I miss my ol' fox.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread