R.i.p granny

Rudders331cobra

Established Member
I knew it was only a matter of time before granny would end up with The Lord above. She had a 2nd stroke at the age of 101. She was a strong lady seen a lot and been through a lot. The good thing is today, I spoke with my mom who is in NewYork and I told her I wanted to talk to her. Even though she can respond, I let her know she was a big inspiration in my life and I loved her very much. Just my mind is racing with so many thoughts. I love you granny you will always be in my heart, and I know you are looking over me.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
I feel you brother. I am currently in Yuma, Arizona to see my grandmother. She is in her last days/hours with cancer. This morning she was responsive enough to refuse all further treatment, and we just moved her back into home from the hospital just hours ago to start her hospice. Her cancer, COPD and infection will cause her to slip into a coma anytime now due to increased CO2 levels in her blood, and then hopefully see will pass peacefully at that point. We are giving her morphine along with other meds to at least keep her comfortable.

We were fortunate enough to have her write down her life history a short time ago, including her father being in the Gestapo and having her mom killed for trying to leave with my grandmother and her brother at the start of the war. So she grew up in a Berlin orphanage during the entire war, including the bombings. At 14, she ran away from the orphanage and joined a bike gang. Crazy stuff like that.

Prayers are with you and your family.

Rudders331cobra

Established Member
Thank guys means a lot. BRING ITT.. I am praying for you and yours brother. I wish I could have been in NY. My mom said that around 8pm before she passed she opened her eyes really wide mumbled and began smiling, then shed a tear and that was it. I am just really at peace that I got to say those words to her.

CobRoush-00

Established Member
Sorry for your loss! I know it's hard for you right now. Be strong and remember your grandmother will continue to watch over you and guide you from Heavens.

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Sorry for your loss dude. My great grandmother died in 2001 at 95 and my great grandfather died at 100 and 4 days. Typical dutch stubboness. "I'll make it to 100.. **** you"

Both lived fulfilling lives. Had 9 kids and all their kids followed suit. There are over 300 people on this earth because they got together at 20 years of age. Both were smart as a tack and built houses and businesses. Opa was the brawn and a excellent carpenter and Oma was the brains and ran the rental houses. Show how much you can do with simple drive.

All of the people i meet in my life who are negative influences, those two always impressed me.

Planter

Banned
she lived to be a pretty good age! That's impressive..101 years! just think, she saw A LOT in her lifetime.

The invention of the car, the plane, rockets sending people to the moon, the space shuttle, cell phones, computers and all kinds of other stuff.

She's a very blessed lady to have lived through so many important time periods in this country's history and to have witnessed all that she did.

May she rest in peace, and may your sorrows be comforted by the Lord and His Angels, for she is in Heaven now, smiling down on you for the rest of your earthly life.

:beer: to the OP.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I knew it was only a matter of time before granny would end up with The Lord above. She had a 2nd stroke at the age of 101. She was a strong lady seen a lot and been through a lot. The good thing is today, I spoke with my mom who is in NewYork and I told her I wanted to talk to her. Even though she can respond, I let her know she was a big inspiration in my life and I loved her very much. Just my mind is racing with so many thoughts. I love you granny you will always be in my heart, and I know you are looking over me.

101!
Wow, what did she do to live so long? I miss my grandmother too, she was just too good all the time. Way more patient than I will ever be.

Fuquay? I was just house hunting out that way until I found out I am heading back to Tampa.

ssssnake

Established Member
My deepest sympathy Duane. What a story your grandmother had - 101 years. My grandparents have been gone for many years, but they are still in my heart. I loved them so much. Eric, my thoughts are with you too. I'm glad she wrote her life story for her family. It will be something your family will have forever. When I visit my 93 year old father, I just sit and listen to him talk about his past. What people of that generation went through is unbelievable.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very sorry to hear of your loss, Duane. It is very hard to lose someone close to your heart, especially when their life has greatly influenced and enriched yours. As difficult as it is, she will always live in your memories, and I know there will be situations you will face where her life will influence yours again, and again. She sounds like just a wonderful person.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Sorry for your loss. I lost my grandmother last year at 101 also. She was sharp as a tack till the last days. Amazing the stories they can tell.

Rudders331cobra

Established Member
Thanks again everyone. Yes she did love a full life. I don't know what she did to live that long! Must have been tae bo or something. Lol. She was strong. If it was not for the first stroke she would have been still trying to take the city bud or train to go to church every Saturday. But I was to that everyone again for all the kind words, and helping me through this situation. Glad I have this site as am outlet to let out some emotions.

canibus

Established Member
My great grandma died last month. 97 years young. Was hoping to see her before she went but the drug war prevented me from saying goodbye. I'm very bitter about it.

RIP to your grandma.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Lost my grandparents years ago when they were in their 80s. My dad's mom was the hardest because we didn't see it coming. She dropped out of school when she was 15, but was one of the smartest individuals I knew. We even found out she had invested some money into Microsoft at their start, but she never told anyone.

The saddest thing I remember is not giving her a hug the last time I saw her alive. I was young and it just didn't click in my head that it could be the last time I saw her. She was just so lively and youthful but that memory sticks with me along with seeing her after she passed on the operating table which looked like a completely different woman than I knew. Still have plenty of great memories of her though and I did love her so I don't let those bad memories get to me, I'll see her again.

Op, sorry for your loss though. She sounded like a wonderful woman.

Last edited:

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
I feel your pain. I just lost my Grandpa. He was 91, flu got him. Guess he couldn't fight it any longer. Man was a HUGE inspiration in my life. It's sad when someone from their generation passes. Another part of a better America, a better way of life, gone with them. Sad to that I had to be deployed in this shithole. Wish I could have been there. Guess the AF honor guard showed up. Presented Gma with a flag and everything. I'll be thinking of you...just remember the person they encouraged us to become.

Two 5.0s

Established Member
My condolences to you man. Just remember the good times with her. You'll always have the memories, those can never be taken away.

Users who are viewing this thread