Quick VIN Run

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Could someone match up this VIN number with what the car is?

Trying to fish out a potential scam and had a few questions.

VIN#
9F02H133883

Last edited:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
0BAF113D-AC97-4CA4-B6E0-2A0B7051E30B.jpeg
AA97AAE2-6598-4911-9917-D2F26A124E55.jpeg
C387AF6E-2C52-41CC-A42E-00EC9CEEDEEA.jpeg
25F370EA-555F-44CF-BB5C-9C32BA3B671E.jpeg
08F570B2-9F4C-4E8A-95B8-20B90126D4BD.jpeg
1D94C62A-C2DB-4EDC-A7E6-EC3BF0386021.jpeg

Car in question.

4.698gt

Established Member
Vin doesn't seem long enough but I don't know how older cars and the Vin number. Sometime in the early 80s they went to 17 digit vin
Edit: added decode from free site

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220301-213623_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220301-213623_Chrome.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 41

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks, I ended up using a generic Ford VIN sheet.

I believe it’s a Dearborn car, 69, Mach 1, 351-2v

It’s sort of a too good to be true thing right now, which is why I’m very un-optimistic about the situation. But, not at least following up on it would be possibly missing out on a great deal.

Edit: ah, just opened your link, yea. It’s that stuff.

4.698gt

Established Member
I mean that looks pretty solid from the pics provide besides the wheels. Something about them doesn't line up, like they were pulled from a different year car.
Some under hood pics would be nice but sellers today aren't the brightest bunch ya know.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I mean that looks pretty solid from the pics provide besides the wheels. Something about them doesn't line up, like they were pulled from a different year car.
Some under hood pics would be nice but sellers today aren't the brightest bunch ya know.
Yea, no under hood shots, but several of the pretty clean interior. I think the white walls are what throws the wheels off, I’ve seen those hideous wheels on ‘69s before. The MUSTANG on the back is missing a couple letters, I’m not sure about the guards on the front bumper.

Also has what “seems” to be the original window sticker.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
At this point I’m more concerned with whether the car exists as stated by the seller.

The price I was told via email is priced to move.

Kel

Established Member
Those are the correct wheels for a 69. Odd addition to the front bumper, never seen that before (cattle bars)? Such a nice car and yet missing the S and the G from MUSTANG on the rear decklid? Lots of scammers scraping picks off the internet, wanted ads, etc and using in those "need to sell quick" type adds. Good luck!

PS Is it in IN as well? Picked up my 66 vert GT from there years ago...

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Those are the correct wheels for a 69. Odd addition to the front bumper, never seen that before (cattle bars)? Such a nice car and yet missing the S and the G from MUSTANG on the rear decklid? Lots of scammers scraping picks off the internet, wanted ads, etc and using in those "need to sell quick" type adds. Good luck!

PS Is it in IN as well? Picked up my 66 vert GT from there years ago...

It is not. Yea, the bumper is ugly as hell, but that’s not a hard correction.

The ugly stock wheels and rear deck lettering are non-issues.

Kel

Established Member
Well, the wheels are correct for a 69 Mach 1. I was only pointing out the car is extremely nice to be missing deck lid Letters? I sold a 70 Mach 1 to make room for the GT500, they are good looking cars. Pretty cool the original sticker, etc comes along with everything. Hard to tell from the pics, but an H code would be a single exhaust car and it wouldn't have come with the rear slats/wing either if you care about originality. Most importantly is the underside, paint looks good, hopefully no hidden rust/bondo, etc? Bodywork/paint jail are not fun...speaking from experience!

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Well, the wheels are correct for a 69 Mach 1. I was only pointing out the car is extremely nice to be missing deck lid Letters? I sold a 70 Mach 1 to make room for the GT500, they are good looking cars. Pretty cool the original sticker, etc comes along with everything. Hard to tell from the pics, but an H code would be a single exhaust car and it wouldn't have come with the rear slats/wing either if you care about originality. Most importantly is the underside, paint looks good, hopefully no hidden rust/bondo, etc? Bodywork/paint jail are not fun...speaking from experience!

Yea, I know you were pointing out the wheels and lettering. Did not know H code cars were single exhaust. Honestly, I may send a PM for more stuff if I end up going to look at it.

Originality is good, but the car wouldn't stay original if it comes my way anyways.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would ask for some underhood photos. You might also ask about the front bumper additions, too. If you proceed, do so with obvious caution and check it out thoroughly. Be sure you're comfortable with how the money will be transferred before sealing a deal. Can the seller send you a photo of the Title?

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Found this post from 2021, with the same pictures you posted, saying it's a scam. Or at least the title says so, I didn't read much beyond that.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Found this post from 2021, with the same pictures you posted, saying it's a scam. Or at least the title says so, I didn't read much beyond that.

Thanks. That just about wraps it up.

There were 3-4 other red flags In tge email as well.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Here is the exchange thus far. Oh well, there’s a reason I expressed doubt from the get go.

Initial inquiry at bottom of first picture, their response (pictures were included at the bottom of 2nd shot) which set off obvious spider senses), concluding with their response from today after I requested the name of the shipping company and asked if the car was still in Ohio.
60E199EE-0739-488A-AA7F-450911E29A45.jpeg
74D5549F-43E5-4906-9EBB-53E24DFFA515.jpeg
C565AFF0-F659-4F3A-B3B9-6B134C0DB45B.png

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
At this point it seems like if the words "shipping company" are ever listed, it's a scam.

I wouldn't ever buy a car sight unseen unless it was from Nick, or at least a decent dealer.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
At this point it seems like if the words "shipping company" are ever listed, it's a scam.

I wouldn't ever buy a car sight unseen unless it was from Nick, or at least a decent dealer.

That’s another weird part. They said it’s through a shipping company, but they’d be contacting me to move forward and arranging to see the car.

Was the whole point just to get my phone number and address? Seems like a waste of time. I’m going to reply with an email that expresses concern that someone ELSE is trying to sell her car in a scam (by sending the link from a few posts above) and that I want to move forward with the process just to see what they do.

Here’s my name, a fake address, and a phone number…. Now what?

Users who are viewing this thread