Quick VIN Run

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
That’s another weird part. They said it’s through a shipping company, but they’d be contacting me to move forward and arranging to see the car.

Was the whole point just to get my phone number and address? Seems like a waste of time. I’m going to reply with an email that expresses concern that someone ELSE is trying to sell her car in a scam (by sending the link from a few posts above) and that I want to move forward with the process just to see what they do.

Here’s my name, a fake address, and a phone number…. Now what?

Yeah screw with them for a while.

Cobra Jet

Established Member
When the price of any such Muscle car or Collector car seems too good to be true based on the “story” and condition of the car - IT IS and is usually a scam for sure.

Always search out a VIN via any search engine but go to the “images” search. If the vehicle was posted online previously, even if it was the original legit sale - it will pull the listing and images.

BE VERY AWARE of some shady ass online scams gong on right now…. People are stealing car listing descriptions and images right off of BaT - and reusing them in phishing scams by creating fake for sale ads, fake auto sites that “will ship” and various postings on forums. These scammers are GOOD - they use the entire listings found on BaT and many other legit vehicle classified ad services online.

Ask the Seller for a current pic of the vehicle with a piece of paper laying on it, with hand written date and name on it…. If they can’t produce that, the car isn’t in their possession at all. If they can’t produce a legit address to show the car (say you’ll fly in to see it), then the car isn’t in their possession…. Ask them to list or name a current landmark near where the car is being sold…

There’s so many ways to confirm a legit sale - JUST go that extra length before letting emotions take over and losing your ass to a scammer.

That Ninja-Cars website I posted on here - they’re stealing complete listings from BaT and acting as if they are the broker for those cars….

Users who are viewing this thread