Quick pics of my Polished SLP LM2 exhaust

r6bullet

Established Member
I have had my cobra for about 4 months now and I finally got the stock cat back off, when you get the stock cat back off the car it is then you can really see what a joke it is:nonono: . Anyways I am still using the factory H-pipe and I decided to go with the SLP LM2 catback, it is not extreamly loud and I think it sounds great. Since most of the exhaust is visable from the rear I decided to polish the pipes and while it was time consuming I think it was worth it. I whent and took a couple quicks pics today to show you guys, pics are not that great as they where taken in mid day and the car is kinda dirty but you get the idea. Let me know what you guys think, thanks.

Also anybody have any midpipe recommendations for me? I was thinking about getting the SLP x-pipe but have not decided if I want cats or not.

Pics

Cobraexhaust002copy.jpg

Cobraexhaust004copy.jpg

Cobraexhaust006copy.jpg

Cobraexhaust014copy.jpg

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
Looks good.

It'll sound like ass without cats with that set up. Otherwise, it'll sound pretty good but LOUD!

r6bullet

Established Member
I got all of my compounds/buffing wheels from eastwood company. Very nice stuff, I went down to harbor freight tools and picked up a little 6" buffer (like bench grinder). It was around $60 for the buffer and stand, not to bad and worked great. Polishing was a three step process (4 if you count the sanding of the pipes). You start with a emery compound which is a heavy cutting compound, then followed by the stainless compound. Then the white rouge with a soft wheel. Lots of work but I have already had tons of people comment on it just while I am out driving around.

Also Venom04- What do you think of your exhaust? How much louder did it get over the stock h-pipe?

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
Venom04 said:
Wow what did you use to polish? I have the same catback with a catted slp x pipe.

+1. I have had people tell me my car is one of the best sounding Mustangs they have ever heard.

VPF

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Ha Ha. No Problem man. I love to see polished pipes, they look SO much better.

It makes the car look that much cleaner.

mvr

Established Member
looks sick

i have o/r x with lm2's on my gt, sounds great i get complements all the time.

C.K.

Established Member
Looks good. I had that catback and the stock H before I went to my current setup. All i can say is DO NOT put an O/R pipe in there. But that's just me. Glad the mod bug has bitten!

Users who are viewing this thread