Question to all you FI gurus...

01yellercobra

Established Member
Man a 3.4 with a crusher would be nuts

Unless he's planning on 25+ psi and race gas or E85 I wouldn't bother with a 3.4. I wouldn't go above a 2.9 on pump gas. That's just me.

We can spend your money all day for you. But really you have to figure out your goals. If you're happy with 400-450hp I'd throw a blower on the GT and call it good. Pulley and tune the Cobra and leave them both alone. If you want 600+ then sell the GT as it sits and put the money into the Cobra. I built an 01 Cobra for 600hp. The money I put into that car I could've bought a low mileage 03/04 easily. It always seemed like it needed something else. Friend of mine just had a Whipple 2.3 installed on his 03 Cobra. It put down 587/555 on a stock engine with minimal supporting mods. That's on our 91 octane.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
That's amazing power. Is the "crusher" inlet worth it? Seems as if it doesn't have too much proof to its worth. From what I've read...

My ultimate goal would be 550-650rwhp

01yellercobra

Established Member
That's amazing power. Is the "crusher" inlet worth it? Seems as if it doesn't have too much proof to its worth. From what I've read...

My ultimate goal would be 550-650rwhp
No personal experience, but from what I've read on the 2.3 it's not needed. For the 2.9 it seems to be up to the buyer. With the 3.4 it's almost a requirement.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
No personal experience, but from what I've read on the 2.3 it's not needed. For the 2.9 it seems to be up to the buyer. With the 3.4 it's almost a requirement.

From what I have read and researched, the 2.9 Crusher has issues with hood clearance. I'm not trying to drop my motor due to an inlet that doesn't seem to justify the work/power gain.

Anyone have any justifiable reason to purchase the 2.9 crusher vs. the regular 2.9 on a stock rotating assembly and motor?

Users who are viewing this thread