Question to all you FI gurus...

UnrealSVT

Established Member
I am in the middle of the road with a decision between both of my cars.

I have a 2000 GT Mustang and also an 04 SVT Cobra.

GT MODS:

STEEDA CAI
STEEDA U/D Pullies
Accufab 75 mm Tb/Plenum
Hi tech Stage 2 cams
(550/500 234/230 111 LSA)
Long tubes and full exhaust (no cats)

King cobra clutch
Aluminum driveshaft
3.73 rear

The list goes on and on...

And my Cobra only has intake exhaust and short shifter.

My question is this...

Would it be smarter to put a procharger/Vortech on my GT, or work towards getting a 2.9 Crusher on my cobra?

I know the cobra will make more power and handle it better, but with all of the supporting mods already done to my GT...it's got me thinking.

Thanks!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the GT might have more supporting mods but the 2.9 on the Cobra with required fueling upgrades and nothing else will still curb stomp the GT.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
What are the cars used for? Is one a toy and one a daily? Or are they both toys?

I don't drive either one as a daily. The GT gets driven a bit more than the cobra. The cobra is kept under lock and key and is pristine. Only 6800 miles on it.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Hahahaha!!!! Love the honesty man, that's why I asked!

what it really boils down to is the stock GT motor can handle what, 400-450? (kinda guessing here...450 seems to be the number for NA cobras/Machs) and the terminator can handle a hell of a lot more.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
what it really boils down to is the stock GT motor can handle what, 400-450? (kinda guessing here...450 seems to be the number for NA cobras/Machs) and the terminator can handle a hell of a lot more.

Yea anything over 400 and you're sitting on a ticking time bomb it seems...whereas I could do 600 with the cobra and not break it.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
I know these questions seem dumb, like the cobra is the hands down winner. I just wanna do it right the first time with such a large investment...

That, and I've never been in either a twin screw OR centrifugal vehicle. Only know what I've read

Stanger00

Established Member
Since the cobra ha such few miles and the cost required to install the crusher and to only let it sit would be a shame.

Supercharge the GT and have fun with it. Mine was a blast to drive when it was making ~400hp to the tires. They're lighter and will still surprise majority of coyotes out there. Plus, it is daily driver friendly. I managed 18-20mpg out of my 4r70w w/3.73 gears for 35k miles before I removed the running 2v for a built longblock.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Man...now the pressure is REALLY on! I can get my hands on a Vortech v2 Kit (used) for $1500...

2V Terror

Established Member
That isn't a blower friendly cam in the GT anyway. And for a stock block, that blower might be way too big. If anything, put that blower on the Cobra, then get a tork tech kit and put the stock Eaton on the GT...and of course get some better cams.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Yea. My tuner says the cams I have will work...I just won't get as much power as I would with blower cams that have higher LSA apparently.

Stanger00

Established Member
Yeah, that lsa is tight for a blower cam. However, those specs with 113 LSA would be a great combo for a stage 2-2.5 blower cam.

Users who are viewing this thread