Question about 03 cobra

alexdaniel65

Established Member
A guy near me wants $9,000 for his black coupe cobra with 194k miles. The interior and engine bay look good, but the entire exterior needs a repaint. The car is stock and "runs strong". What should I offer him? I was also wondering if the car would keep a decent selling price at 200k miles, if I decide to sell in two years after repainting and building it. I really want the car since I've been looking for a cheap cobra that I can rebuild the engine of and turbocharge. You guys are the experts, so I want to hear some opinions. Also, here are a few pictures of the car

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
That mileage would probably turn a bunch of people off.

Doesn't mean it won't be a great car for you though.

I don't think I'd buy this car if I thought I was going to resell it right away. We know what mods cost and how little you get back on them. Decent turbo kit with a fuel system and a paint job is going to run you up around 15k easily in my opinion. Car still won't be worth anywhere near 24k.

This a way to get a fun and capable platform for cheap that won't make you cringe when you turn it into a totally different car (turbo).

Regarding the price, beats me. Always offer under what they are asking but I've never seen a running 03/04 for that price.

MG0h3

Established Member
Looks like a fresh new front bumper cover?

Headlights painted or what am I seeing there?

I'd spend some time looking it over and see how jimmy rigged it is. Never know if it's passed through a bunch of people.

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
9k with all that work . Add 2k and you find yourself a nice running terminator downside is convertible . Couple cost more

Venom351R

Established Member
I think you will lose money if you look to resell it after doing a few things to it. Its a lot of miles no matter how you look at it. A new paint job will be nice but not all mods will appeal to people looking to buy one. I'm looking to buy one in 2 yrs and If I came across one that fit all my criteria but it had a turbo kit on it I'd pass on it. But you never know someone may be looking for a cheap Cobra with a turbo but its hard to say. I think in the end there is no way you come out on the positive side if your plan is to resell it

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
Dam some you are rich . Having 9k throwing for a part car also taken up space .

For op . While I was shopping for my 03 10th . I seen many convertible around 110k-140k perfect stock running condition for around 12k .

alexdaniel65

Established Member
Dam some you are rich . Having 9k throwing for a part car also taken up space .

For op . While I was shopping for my 03 10th . I seen many convertible around 110k-140k perfect stock running condition for around 12k .
I don't like the look of convertibles so I'm going with a coupe. The 9k car "runs strong" so I think it would be a good option for a good price, not a parts car

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread