Quarter mile time

04Cobra1988

Established Member
Cross posted in the time slip thread, I just got the car roughly a month ago and was hoping to get to the track but weather didn't cooperate. Hoping to run low 12's but wanted your opinions, eventually I'd like to get to where my old fox was (11.2 @ 124mph) but I'm still interested to see where I land with this car.

Exhaust
CF Clutch
H&R Springs
4.10 Gears
Pulley

Car made 462rwhp and 467tq on the dyno, it has 315 Nitto DR's on the back. I'm hoping to pull low 12's if I can get traction.

Let me know what you think....it was dyno'd with the 4:10's.

MG0h3

Established Member
You’ve got close to 100 extra RWHP, gears, and DR

Careful not to break an axle dropping the clutch on DR at the track. Could see that with those gears.

Those springs won’t help you though.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
11.7 @ 120-121 is a very good estimate. Maybe closer to 11.5.

OP, what are you temps up there now?

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Mid 11's if you can hook it. I don't think your 555r's are going to cut it at that power level, get yourself a set of MT ET Streets/R's or M&H Racemasters for the track.

I think he's right. With low end torque and those gears, first gear is a bastard for anything remotely resembling traction. I used to have 4.10's and while I never ran with them at the track, I could light up 315 R888's without even trying. You might be better off feathering it out of the hole versus trying to cut a rock star 60-foot. Hell, a buddy of mine was convinced I should have tried leaving in second gear, but I never tried it. I'd be more concerned about a factory non-braced diff cover than half shafts at this point. Obviously it all becomes more of a worry if you go with stickier rubber too. And while spinning ain't winning, spinning usually also means not breaking anything. lol

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Like most have said, should run mid 11’s if you can stick it. Roll out on the clutch, try not to shock it to much. I know you said the weather will be cold, but it’s so important to keep the ic cold. Jump the relay and ice it down thoroughly for best results. Good luck, report back!

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I think 114mph is more realistic with 3850lbs car with driver. That’s at 462rwhp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s more of a stock boost car. When my car was pullied it made 460hp and was a 120mph car. I was stock weight at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread