Quarter Midget experience

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A lot has happened over the past two years. I wish Paxton much success with his move to Bandoleros. There will be another learning curve, of course, but he'll progress as his experience, and yours, expands. (y)(y)

bssmith1220

Established Member
A lot has happened over the past two years. I wish Paxton much success with his move to Bandoleros. There will be another learning curve, of course, but he'll progress as his experience, and yours, expands. (y)(y)

Thanks! We found out about that learning curve the hard way today practicing for his first race. Never want to leave the track on a forklift
Image1696122712.560967.jpg

Image1696122724.049244.jpg

Image1696122740.924747.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

bssmith1220

Established Member
I just found this Bandolero race that was fun to watch. They accelerate slowly but do reach higher speeds. This was a close race with the top 3.
They definitely don’t accelerate as hard as our other cars but they’ll do about 75 mph on the straights on a larger track. Our local tracks are Wake County Speedway and Southern National Motorsports Park if you wanted to check out what our home tracks will look like. Paxton averaged 66 mph in practice last week and he was off pace by about a second a lap. Pretty quick for an 8 year old. Enough to make me nervous for sure!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
66 mph is definitely impressive for an 8 year old. I checked out your two local tracks. Nice!!

Wake County (1/4 Mile)
AF1QipP8tG2WVXIDgItgTL02JVXfR_sPOflN8zXd4bDy=s1360-w1360-h1020

Southern National (4/10 mile)
AF1QipMuKhoETVemrRRJ9hfOlMV5w1jLlqBy4liwKNks=s1360-w1360-h1020

bssmith1220

Established Member
How did Paxton do?

What an awesome event!
He did great for his first time in this car. It’s so very different from the quarter midgets. He went from a 1/20th of a mile track to a 4/10ths!
He qualified 21st out of 25 cars yesterday. Ran some really good lap times in the race but didn’t finish. He pulled in the pits under green because he thought his throttle was stuck (really it was just turning a higher rpm as he got faster) so dnf yesterday.
Today he spun in qualifying and hit the wall pretty hard. Our team got the car back together for the race. Had to replace the rear axle, front right lower control arm, spindle, and two radius rods.
Got on track for the feature and he finished 8th out of 12 in his race.
All in all a great couple of days.
He was very overwhelmed and nervous at this big of an event but he pushed through.

bssmith1220

Established Member
It’s probably worth mentioning too that he was a solid 3-6 years younger than the other competitors.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
He did well then, all things considered. He'll gain more and more confidence (and experience) with every race. He's having fun and for sure he'll remember every one of his races. I still say it's so awesome that you're doing this for him. It's a big commitment. I had a local guy doing stuff around my house two years ago and his young son rides a dirt bike in competition. He took his son to events all of the northeast and even down south. Know his commitment make me appreciate all that YOU'RE doing for Paxton. His best times are coming!

Users who are viewing this thread