Quality difference between AMR wheels and Forgestar F14's?

Nsssane1

Established Member
Got my Amr's in yesterday for my Shelby and the finish is high quality, my 19x10 rear weighs 27#. I wanted to be able to put my SVT center caps in and the Forgestars didin't appear I could do that. Very happy and saved alot of cash.

Retract my previous statement, I got with Amr and they are letting me return my wheels and I went with the Forgestars the quality is worth the $200 for me.

2#'s lighter than Amr's. each wheel
Amr's lug nut holes were not fully painted so you could see a grey primer.
Amr's are not fully painted(coated) only front side so you can see primer inside wheel.
Could not get front wheels to balance always had a shake in wheel after two balance's.

So don't get the AMR's.

P1000288_zpsf8086a83.gif

P1000287_zps4eb16c74.gif

bmitchell373

Established Member
Forgestar, I will never buy a cast wheel again. I did hit a curb and Shattered, not cracked or bent, but shattered a cast set of wheels from AM. Yes, I would of still bent a forged wheel, but I could drove, and not screwed my fender.

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
If you can afford forged wheels than it would be a easy choice lol. I went with 19" F14 Titanium to keep weight at minimal and I have to say is the most thought out purchase I made since I got my 2013. Not only does the wheels look awesome but you can definitely feel the difference vs stock wheels. I was so close purchasing a set of 20" AMR mesh wheels or saleen style wheels from AMR but I am so glad that I didn't(no pun intended to AMR).

Sent from my GTab 2 using Tapatalk 2

torched06

Established Member
I have the AMRs now, and noticed the other day that there are a few small chips in one of the wheels. I plan on buying some Forgestars within the next couple of weeks.

kaane

Established Member
People need to stop drinking the cool-aid. I like forgestar, but they are still CAST wheels made in CHINA.

Only thing done to them in the USA is drilling holes, milling for offset correction and powdercoating.

They do use flow forming when casting them so they are a bit stronger than than regular cast wheels, but they are STILL CAST!

kona12

Established Member
Not a big deal id go with either ones that my pocket can pick up at the time... they both look good

Saltydawg

Established Member
I'm a new guy here to the forum and the Mustang world al together. I just ordered a set of AM wheels. 19x8.5 and 19x10. I hope I didn't make a mistake??

turd burglar

Established Member
My cheap ass is going with the AM wheels. Not because I don't think there's a quality difference, but because I'm working on a limited budget. That's the funny thing I've noticed since joining a few forums, a lot of guys seem to not worry bout money with these new stangs lol I personally have a TERRIBLE addiction to modding, and it kills me to know I'm gonna have to limit myself to affording a mod every few months, so in cases like this, the price point is a big difference in what I'm reasonably able to do

KidMoney

Established Member
People need to stop drinking the cool-aid. I like forgestar, but they are still CAST wheels made in CHINA.

Only thing done to them in the USA is drilling holes, milling for offset correction and powdercoating.

They do use flow forming when casting them so they are a bit stronger than than regular cast wheels, but they are STILL CAST!

This. I hate hearing how I should spend more to buy "American made" products. Shouldn't stuff made here be cheaper than what can be made halfway around the world and shipped here? And most things are made there anyway. Or made here by companies owned by China.

Saltydawg

Established Member
Details at 11?

Well, I took them out of the boxes...admired them for a few minutes...then noticed gouges around the lip. All 4 wheels were that way and there wasn't any damage on the boxes. So I called them this morning, sent in some pics, and they shipped out another set today with call tags for the ones I have here. You know with a company that has that kind of level of customer service, they have my vote. That said we will see how the others look on Monday when they arrive.

cdog1157

Established Member
Probably closer to 65k if he bought it new.

It's not new. He paid 43K for a basically stock 2010 Shelby with 20K miles on it and now he's got close to 60K in the car (with mods). He preached AMR's like they were the greatest wheel on earth when he had them and how Forgestars were not any better. Now that he spent more money to buy Forgestar F14's then he talks about how good they are and nothing but bad about the AMR's.

InKogNigRow

Established Member
upaqenaz.jpg

No one can even tell I have 660 dollars into total my amr wheels and tires with a set of 315 Hoosiers on the back. Bought brand new accept the tires used from a friend used the stock tires from the front wheels

Users who are viewing this thread