Quality difference between AMR wheels and Forgestar F14's?

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
You're looking at two different sized wheels. The Forgestars will be lighter and stronger. Question is do you need either or both of those are are you just rolling traffic light to traffic light.

5ohpowa

Established Member
I had the amr wheels on my 05 they were really nice and the painy quality was good. Im going to get them again if i get wheels for this 2013. Im kinda hoping they step up and make them in 20s

Nsssane1

Established Member
Got my Amr's in yesterday for my Shelby and the finish is high quality, my 19x10 rear weighs 27#. I wanted to be able to put my SVT center caps in and the Forgestars didin't appear I could do that. Very happy and saved alot of cash.

chrisheltra

Established Member
You're looking at two different sized wheels. The Forgestars will be lighter and stronger. Question is do you need either or both of those are are you just rolling traffic light to traffic light.

I know closest two sizes they had.

Forgestars, great quality and made in the USA.

Sent from my HTC Android device.

Ill buy US anytime I can but I cant see paying $800 more per set just because it was made here.

mhyjek

Established Member
Made in USA enough said that's what I'm buying. When ever I have a viable choice I pick USA and in this case the forge stars are lighter weight and superior quality=no brainier

KidSmitty

Banned
Made in USA enough said that's what I'm buying. When ever I have a viable choice I pick USA and in this case the forge stars are lighter weight and superior quality=no brainier

Bought a set of CarrollShelby CS1's, 20x9 and 20x11.5. Found out after the fact they were made in china. Love the rims but would have paid more to buy here. You figure with a name like that they would be made here. Can't assume anything anymore.

2013Boss302

Established Member
Forgestar is made in the USA. I just got some for my 2013 Boss 302. Great wheel great company. These wheels are extremely light and strong. They really made my car look great. You can not go wrong with Forgestar. Give them a call and talk to them. Whats great is thy can make them however you want. Offsets color everything can be customized.

P7270975.jpg

P7270971.jpg

P7270964.jpg

P7270961.jpg

P7270966.jpg

BPatterson

Established Member
I can't speak for others, but the powdercoating on my AMR wheels is already starting to form tiny bubbles, and it chipped with ease when installing new tires. They're less than 6 months old.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member

cdog1157

Established Member
Got my Amr's in yesterday for my Shelby and the finish is high quality, my 19x10 rear weighs 27#. I wanted to be able to put my SVT center caps in and the Forgestars didin't appear I could do that. Very happy and saved alot of cash.

You spend 50K on a car and put $700 wheels on it?

Teej281

Established Member
These wheels are not even in the same category. Its apples and oranges. Forgestar wheels are a deal at the price that they are! The AMR wheels are decent wheels, but if you're comparing them to Forgestars, they are worth the added pricetag. Plus I like how the forgestar wheels look better than the AMR wheels. The AMR wheels are a replica of the TSW Nurburg wheels.

Stangrocka

Infant SVT Poster
Established Member
:bash:more like comparing apples to t-bone steak, amr can be rtr knockoffs too, not on a gt500 though.

Last edited:

mcduffer7

Established Member
AMR's sucked for me. Balance issues big time. Put stockers back on. Can't beat Ford wheels unless you buy quality like Forgestar etc. not cheap AMR crap.

Users who are viewing this thread