Quad Cities Illinois/Iowa

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
YGETV8 said:
pwnt04: whatever we can set up would be fun. How did you "trick" people into actually wanting to come to the QCs?!?!

Food.

That and, well, I'm from Kewanee. It sucks there. It's not like there is any good cruising or any new people to meet. I could see if I could get my buddy with a 97 Cobra to come along, and he knows a guy in town that has a 93 Cobra putting down over 600 at the wheels.

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
YGETV8 said:
Hi Super302,

She told me she had a conversation with a fellow Mustang owner the other day. So... "Hi!" I guess!

pwnt04: whatever we can set up would be fun. How did you "trick" people into actually wanting to come to the QCs?!?!

I tell them we have like 15 Hy-Vees and 20 Wal-Marts. :shrug:

Set something up and I'll go along with it. My e-mail address is [email protected].

Last edited:

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
Yep, it would be a lot of fun. I have NEVER seen your car anywhere in town, SweetSVT99. Do you live on the Iowa or Illinois side? I'm assuming you're on the Illinois side judging by your license plate.

Now all someone has to do is become motivated and set it up. :idea:

Last edited:

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I'm on the IL side, I live in Colona. :bash:

I used to drive it around all the time, but for the last two years it just pretty much sits in the garage.

Where would be the best place to set this up?

-Steve

pwnt04 said:
Yep, it would be a lot of fun. I have NEVER seen your car anywhere in town, SweetSVT99. Do you live on the Iowa or Illinois side? I'm assuming you're on the Illinois side judging by your license plate.

Now all someone has to do is become motivated and set it up. :idea:

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
SweetSVT99 said:
Where would be the best place to set this up?

-Steve

YGETV8 mentioned something about Northpark Mall's parking lot on a Saturday night sometime. We could do it just about anywhere as long as it's a place where no one would complain. I personally like the Northpark Mall idea because the lot is huge and it's right there in town. Plus there is a Hooters literally next door to it so that would give us another place to go. :thumbsup:

On a side note, my cousins, grandpa, sister, and aunts/uncles live out in Colona. I'm actually out here in Milan but no matter where we do it in the QC, it's all a 15 minute drive or less.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
pwnt04 said:
YGETV8 mentioned something about Northpark Mall's parking lot on a Saturday night sometime. We could do it just about anywhere as long as it's a place where no one would complain. I personally like the Northpark Mall idea because the lot is huge and it's right there in town. Plus there is a Hooters literally next door to it so that would give us another place to go. :thumbsup:

On a side note, my cousins, grandpa, sister, and aunts/uncles live out in Colona. I'm actually out here in Milan but no matter where we do it in the QC, it's all a 15 minute drive or less.

Northpark Sounds great.

Wow, sounds like your family makes up 50% of the population out here! :D

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
I guess the next step would be deciding when we want to do it. I vote to wait until the weather gets warmer. Then again, I will do it anytime. I'll be driving my Grand Cherokee to it so I can do it in any weather condition. :p

Last edited:

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
Agreed.

We should collect the e-mail addresses from everyone who wants to attend. When the time comes, we can send out an e-mail to everyone with details.

FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING: Post your e-mail address and I'll save it in my address book. When the weather warms up I'll send everyone an e-mail, and we can set everything up.

I'll go first: [email protected]

Last edited:

YGETV8

Established Member
Here's me: [email protected]

If this is gonna be a fairly large GTG, some thought will definitely need to be put into it. If we were to do it at one of the NorthPark Cruise-Ins, we'd probably need to discuss it with the club that does that and get our own section.

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
YGETV8 said:
Here's me: [email protected]

If this is gonna be a fairly large GTG, some thought will definitely need to be put into it. If we were to do it at one of the NorthPark Cruise-Ins, we'd probably need to discuss it with the club that does that and get our own section.

Who actually does the cruise-in? Is it just a bunch of random folks getting together or is it an organized event?

Keep the e-mail addresses coming folks. I've got 5 e-mails so far.

I'm not sure I'd be able to get more than two Jeep guys involved with it since there are only two that actually live locally. It'd require a lot more work to get the people from out of state involved.

Last edited:

YGETV8

Established Member
The NorthPark thing is a well organized relatively BIG event. Bet they get 2-300 cars sometimes. I just can't remember which club puts it on. If we are realistically talking 10-15 people from here, that wouldn't be too big a deal. I (or someone) could just get there early and throw out a bunch of chairs to mark off some spots for us. BTW, I conveniently live about 4 blocks from NP.

It is kinda nice because they sell food, and if you want something different, you can just go into the mall... which for some reason is where my wife usually ends up when she goes!

Now, that said, I did just get a mailer that listed virtually every show in a four state area and saw nothing about the NP Cruise! They have been doing it for severla years now so I can't imagine they'll stop, but I thought it was odd that it wasn't mentioned. Course, now that I think about it, the flyer may have been from a "competing" club.

Users who are viewing this thread