Quad Cities Illinois/Iowa

YGETV8

Established Member
pwnt04 said:
I think I might've seen you ONCE on "The Avenue Of The Cities." Then again, maybe I didn't? :shrug:

Have you tried taking your Cobra to the Illinois Dyno Center? It's in Port Byron Illinois on the way to Cordova.

That may have been me driving on the Ave... or my daughter driving to her boyfriend's place in E.M. As I said, I have yet to see another around here with chrome Bullitts, so it may have been us.

I had heard that IL Dyno keeps "regular office" hours and are closed on weekends making scheduling difficult for me. Also, I am on a pretty tight budget what with two "toy" cars, which is at least one too many!

I don't know if you guys have been Mustang fans for a while or not, but this is my sixth one and years ago I used to hit all the Ford shows in the area. If any of you are old(er) farts like me, we may have met in the past... never know!

When we gonna plan a get together?! I mean, the weather is PERFECT this week! :rolleyes:

Take Care, Jay

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
YGETV8 said:
That may have been me driving on the Ave... or my daughter driving to her boyfriend's place in E.M. As I said, I have yet to see another around here with chrome Bullitts, so it may have been us.

I had heard that IL Dyno keeps "regular office" hours and are closed on weekends making scheduling difficult for me. Also, I am on a pretty tight budget what with two "toy" cars, which is at least one too many!

I don't know if you guys have been Mustang fans for a while or not, but this is my sixth one and years ago I used to hit all the Ford shows in the area. If any of you are old(er) farts like me, we may have met in the past... never know!

When we gonna plan a get together?! I mean, the weather is PERFECT this week! :rolleyes:

Take Care, Jay

Well we could always skip the Mustangs and everyone could pile into my Jeep and go hit some snow piles somewhere. :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

YGETV8

Established Member
pwnt04 said:
Well we could always skip the Mustangs and everyone could pile into my Jeep and go hit some snow piles somewhere. :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

You are a man after my own heart! I have owned four Jeeps (all lifted w/ big tires, of course), but currently have a '94 Toyota p/u with 33's. Seems we could easily turn this into a 4WD get together! :idea:

Jay

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
YGETV8 said:
You are a man after my own heart! I have owned four Jeeps (all lifted w/ big tires, of course), but currently have a '94 Toyota p/u with 33's. Seems we could easily turn this into a 4WD get together! :idea:

Jay

I'm game! I just put a 2" lift on my Grand Cherokee. Here are some pics:

lift4.jpg

lift3.jpg

Here it is before I added the lift:

pic.JPG

Here's another shot with our old Wrangler (2 1/2" Skyjacker w/ 32x11.5 BFG MT/TA's):

jeeps.jpg

Have you ever seen me around town? I don't have the windshield banner anymore since I've replaced the windshield.

Last edited:

YGETV8

Established Member
Nice Jeeps! They both look familiar, but hard to say for sure. I'll keep an eye out now! The last Jeep I had was a white '95 Wrangler with SOA swap and shackles for a total 6" lift and 35" BFG ATs. Loved it, but just had too many toys! My first Jeep was my favorite: a '46 Willy's with 12" lift and 44" Mudders! I built that back in the mid 80's when you could "legally" get away with stuff like that... not any more!

ROADFOOLSRIDE

Local Pavement Ripper
Established Member
02SonicBlueGT said:
I'm in the des moines area, I make it to the quad cities once a year for cordova. That's always a good time. FFW is june this year so that'll be different.
Are you on the North or South end of Des Moines? I'm 2 hours north, in Mason City. I'm 4-5 hours away from all you quad cities folks.

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
Tabres said:
We should all have a get together in the spring :p

I'd be down with that except I'd be rolling up in my Jeep. :poke:

I met '03SonicBlue at the Rod and Custom show. He was very nice. If ya'll don't mind a Jeep in the stang mix, I'd definately be down with having a meet and seeing all of the Stangs. :)

Hell.. YGETV8 already suggested either a Mustang meet or a 4X4 meet. Hell.. we could make it a Mustang/4X4 meet that way everyone can bring their toys. :)

Last edited:

YGETV8

Established Member
Super302: Cool! I just bought my 19 YO daughter a '94 GT and we traded our old '94 GT 'vert in on our Cobra last year.

So... we could have a "Ford Appreciation Meeting" if/when we get together. That way it's not SVT specific or even Ford specific as far as what you drive there!

Let's throw some ideas out for some feedback from us "locals:" what day works best for everybody? I'm gonna vote for a Saturday afternoon or evening. And/or we could also do it in conjunction with another organized event such as the monthly Saturday night cruise at NorthPark Mall, but I'm not sure when they start. My buddy Jim from Car Shop Inc. sponsors a new (just started last year) "Cruise-in" at Governor's in Moline the first Thursday of the month with the first one this year happening April 6th. If we want to go that route, we'd have to get a ballpark count of our attendance and someone arrive early enough to save space.

Thoughts... other ideas? Just meet at a park with a 12 pack? :shrug: :banana:

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
YGETV8: That sounds awesome. On another note, I've got about 10 guys over from JeepForum.com wanting to do a Jeep meet/cruise. People from out of state want to drive into the QC for a meet. We could get the people from both forums together and have one giant Ford/Jeep/Whatever car meet. I don't care, I'll do whatever. My e-mail address is [email protected]. If you have any ideas or just want to throw me any messages, feel free to e-mail me.

super302

Established Member
YGETV8, does your daughter work at O'Reily's on Locust street :shrug: ...if so i talked to her the other day

I think a big meet would be a good idea :beer:

Last edited:

YGETV8

Established Member
Hi Super302,

She told me she had a conversation with a fellow Mustang owner the other day. So... "Hi!" I guess!

pwnt04: whatever we can set up would be fun. How did you "trick" people into actually wanting to come to the QCs?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread