Q & A Session... - Ask a Ford Dealer

Roosh725

Established Member
Is there any incentive for a dealer to sell me a new truck under A-plan pricing. I can walk into any dealership and pay the exact same price, anything dealers can do to sweeten the pot to get my sale?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
How popular was GHIG back a few years ago? I would have assumed you would have had several special orders for it but didn't stock many?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, there's only like two 2016 DIB PP GT's for sale in all of Texas. Crazy.

I believe it.

Is there any incentive for a dealer to sell me a new truck under A-plan pricing. I can walk into any dealership and pay the exact same price, anything dealers can do to sweeten the pot to get my sale?

Under Ford's Pricing Agreement, dealers are allowed to give away $50 in accessories or merchandise to A-Plan buyers, that's it. Anything above that is a direct violation of the agreement and will result in a Plan audit for the dealership that could result in HUGE chargebacks.

How popular was GHIG back a few years ago? I would have assumed you would have had several special orders for it but didn't stock many?

It wasn't very popular. Kinda like the Excursions; it's a lot more popular and desired in the pre-owned market than when it was new.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great thread. If I'm in the market for a Ford I'll hit you up.

I did not create this thread to drum up business; just wanted to offer some insight to consumers.

I suggest you contact one of the authorized forum dealer vendors before contacting me. I appreciate the thought though.

tvspower

Established Member
Hi again.... When say ford has an employee pricing sale on, do the dealers not think must smart people will wait until this event happens? Also I do believe the dealer limits what vehicles are available at this pricing y/n?. I bought an 06 GT premium package in 05 and paid $32k (Canadian $) and then in 07 I bought my 08 GT500... The dealer put the GT in the new showroom and sold it for $31k... How can they place the GT in a new show room and charge basically what I paid? Just do not understand how they get away/sell units. Also thanks for your kind words about Bailie..... Bruce

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
So two questions:

What's criteria for extended warranties, for example, my gf's 2013 gt have 47,000mi on it and looking on fords website I believe it fell out of the "new car" category. Would a 3rd party or premium care make much difference?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

yes anything over 3/36 you lose the "New Car" warranty options. Unless going through Zurich etc your Ford based used car warranty wont be cheap..prob double the price. For future knowledge. At the initial purchase you get new car warranties, 12/12k gets new car prices also, and anything under 3/36k gets a $100 bump/surcharge. This is in florida were retail costs are fixed. Some states can sell warranties at different prices all they way down to cost (trying to meet a quota/bonus etc).

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Hi again.... When say ford has an employee pricing sale on, do the dealers not think must smart people will wait until this event happens? Also I do believe the dealer limits what vehicles are available at this pricing y/n?. I bought an 06 GT premium package in 05 and paid $32k (Canadian $) and then in 07 I bought my 08 GT500... The dealer put the GT in the new showroom and sold it for $31k... How can they place the GT in a new show room and charge basically what I paid? Just do not understand how they get away/sell units. Also thanks for your kind words about Bailie..... Bruce

??? not to chime in on cobra13 but we put used cars all the time on the showroom. We currently have a very minty clean used MXC, last week we had a 10 year old Bullitt with 50k miles, few weeks before that our GT350s, before that a used Roush Raptor etc etc.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Bruce,

This is the first year Ford has ever allowed A Plan to people outside of employees and their immediate family members.

GT500's, Raptors, etc, have never been "Plan Pricing Eligible". Actually, I believe 2011 GT500s were for a bit, but haven't been since. Same with the new GT350's, Focus RS', Raptors, etc.

I can put any used vehicle I want on the showroom and sell it for whatever I want. Now, sounds like the dealer got extremely lucky in that case haha

BladeX10

Established Member
Realistically, How much wiggle room is there on a used car at a dealer? Are 3-4 year old cars really selling for within $2-3k of a brand new one of the same generation? I can never wrap my mind around that one.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Realistically, How much wiggle room is there on a used car at a dealer? Are 3-4 year old cars really selling for within $2-3k of a brand new one of the same generation? I can never wrap my mind around that one.

It just depends. I have cars that the day I get them go on the lot for $100 over what I have in them, then others that will start at $3-4k over cost.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how much I gave for a car; the market drives the prices. If I have a 2005 Ford GT with 10 miles on it and I own it for $150k I sell it for $350k ($200k profit). If I bought one last month with 10 miles on it for $250k, I would not be able to sell it for $450k ($200k profit), I would sell it at market value for $350k.

Typically people are either new or used car buyers. They don't cross shop.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What are things that you shouldn't do as a customer? Things that really annoy or piss off Dealerships/salesmen?

Not sure if this is a serious question haha

Just be upfront. Can't tell you how many times someone brings in their trade covered in mud and grime (covering hail damage, etc), or someone that has left their diesel running for two hours so we won't get to see it cold start, or just blatantly lying.

I explained earlier that most of the time you can get a better deal if you finance through the dealership; it irks me when customers tell you they are going to, until they walk in to finance and bust out a check from their credit union. Be honest with me, I'll be honest with you.

Dusten

Established Member
Not sure if this is a serious question haha

Just be upfront. Can't tell you how many times someone brings in their trade covered in mud and grime (covering hail damage, etc), or someone that has left their diesel running for two hours so we won't get to see it cold start, or just blatantly lying.

I explained earlier that most of the time you can get a better deal if you finance through the dealership; it irks me when customers tell you they are going to, until they walk in to finance and bust out a check from their credit union. Be honest with me, I'll be honest with you.
I will generally tell the dealership that I already have my own financing, but I'm willing to allow them to see if they can beat the rate. Do dealers appreciate this?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I will generally tell the dealership that I already have my own financing, but I'm willing to allow them to see if they can beat the rate. Do dealers appreciate this?
Yes, of course! Being straightforward and honest is the best way to do it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Is the invoice marked up on the bill of sale, for a Ford (D) plan or how does that margin work?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is the invoice marked up on the bill of sale, for a Ford (D) plan or how does that margin work?

D Plan is below invoice. Ford pays the dealership back a % of invoice so they aren't losing money when they sell it to the employee.

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
No no, I mean the Invoice amount SHOWN on the bill of sale. Can this be marked up?

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No no, I mean the Invoice amount SHOWN on the bill of sale. Can this be marked up?

I guess I'm not sure what you are talking about.

The bill of sale will show you what you pay for the car. So D-Plan+admin fee+anything else you add.

EDIT: PM if you think it would help having a long explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread