Q & A Session... - Ask a Ford Dealer

cbj5259

Established Member
X Plan is typically $50-100 over invoice. You still get the manufacturer rebates off of that price.

It applies to purchased or leases.

Very rarely, Ford will throw out a better incentive like they did 2 months ago when anyone with a competitive make qualified for A Plan pricing...which is 4% back of invoice.

A lot of dealers advertise invoice pricing, but to be honest it's $100 difference.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Ok, thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I can understand Administration Fees up to a few hundred dollars. I do know sone states allow theur dealers to charge extremely high ones. I'm pretty sure Florida has no regulatuons and dealers charge uowards of $700.

its true and its horse shit, Ive seen 800-900 on the regular. This is the reason I used Xplan on my last two purchases, the Xplan limit on dealer fees made the end result as good or better than I could negotiate without it because of that damned fee (I understand it but its getting out of hand down here).

from everything I can find I also cant buy a Ford extended warranty on my truck from an out of state dealer and every dealer has to charge MSRP (something about its considered insurance and falls under those laws) so instead of paying like $1400 it would have been 3k+ so I didnt do it.

edit - nevermind, the "new post" button shot me past a bunch of stuff, question was already answered

again, great thread and thank you

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I asked this in pm.

How does one dealer advertise 5k below msrp on a fiesta st while another says that they purchase the same car at only 2k(invoice price minus holdback) below msrp straight from Ford?

Do dealers get different pricing for the same vehicles?

tvspower

Established Member
In my city ( Ottawa ) only 1 ford dealer can sell SVT products. Either I have to go to Toronto or Montreal to get a better deal.. This dealer here is asking $5k-7k over GT350 with track pact.... Is this strictly the dealer greed or is the manufacture involved somehow???? I know product on demand gets higher dollars, but how do they set the above MSRP price.. Thanks again...

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I asked this in pm.

How does one dealer advertise 5k below msrp on a fiesta st while another says that they purchase the same car at only 2k(invoice price minus holdback) below msrp straight from Ford?

Do dealers get different pricing for the same vehicles?
I'll check in to it. I would bet it's a demo, they excluded destination and delivery charges, etc .

EDIT: After looking, you can get down to $18,202.01 and not being losing a dime. Past that, they may be advertising rebates that not every one qualifies for (i.e. $500 for a competitive lease conquest, $500 for Access Development Member Direct Offer Program, $500 Farm Bureau Association eCertificate, $500 College Student Purchase Program, $500 for First Time Buyer Program, $1,000 Military Appreciate Cash, $1,000 Fiesta and Focus Owner Loyalty Direct Offer, etc etc etc).

I'm sure they get different rates based on sales volume.
No. Every dealer pays the exact same.

In my city ( Ottawa ) only 1 ford dealer can sell SVT products. Either I have to go to Toronto or Montreal to get a better deal.. This dealer here is asking $5k-7k over GT350 with track pact.... Is this strictly the dealer greed or is the manufacture involved somehow???? I know product on demand gets higher dollars, but how do they set the above MSRP price.. Thanks again...

Dealers have to sign up for the specialty cars, pay a fee, train their salespeople and technicians. Some opt not to.

They just choose a number to sell it at. Technically once the vehicle gets on the lot, the manufacturer has little to no say about it.

$5k over on a track pack isn't a bad deal, imo, there's barely any out there.

Last edited:

phillycobra99

Established Member
Is it true when a dealer runs your credit they tack on a couple of points to the interest rate compared to what actually comes back?

Thanks for the great thread!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is it true when a dealer runs your credit they tack on a couple of points to the interest rate compared to what actually comes back?

Thanks for the great thread!
When they pull your credit, it shows them your score. People with the same score don't always get the same interest rate.

Rates are based off a ton of variables: score, debt-to-income, monthly payments, slow pays, previous loans with lender, etc.

My philosophy is I'd rather give up good news that the rate is lower than what I quoted you, rather than tell you your payment is going to be higher than I quoted you.

Great question.

EB85

Established Member
Best owner ever.... We had Rey-Rey and switched to DealerTrack a few years ago. I know it is cheaper and "prettier" but I do miss Rey-Rey on the parts end.

I have to use ADP and I bet I can make a list a mile long of how many times a week it crashes or locks up.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have to use ADP and I bet I can make a list a mile long of how many times a week it crashes or locks up.
Not a fan of ADP.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Very useful and informative thread.

Question: Back in 2005 I bought a new 2004 Crown Victoria with 90 miles. During the paperwork session I noted that the paperwork stated the mileage as lower, somewhere around 30 miles, I believe. I asked about this and told him that 90 was wrong and he said he couldn't put that mileage on the paperwork. I shrugged it off since I was going to put over a hundred on it the next day anyway. Does Ford have a rule on what can be considered a "new" car inre mileage? Is that why he lowered it?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very useful and informative thread.

Question: Back in 2005 I bought a new 2004 Crown Victoria with 90 miles. During the paperwork session I noted that the paperwork stated the mileage as lower, somewhere around 30 miles, I believe. I asked about this and told him that 90 was wrong and he said he couldn't put that mileage on the paperwork. I shrugged it off since I was going to put over a hundred on it the next day anyway. Does Ford have a rule on what can be considered a "new" car inre mileage? Is that why he lowered it?
No, doesn't matter. Probably didn't want to redo the paperwork.

EDIT: I sell my demos as new vehicles. I sold a 2008 GT500 with 4950 miles on it in 2012 as a new vehicle. The warranty started the day I sold it.

Last edited:

BladeX10

Established Member
Does job longevity really matter when it comes to getting financed?

Like for example, Say i've been at a job for 4-5 months. I want to buy a $20k car, I have a pretty hefty down payment to put down, Are they going to work with me or just say no? I'd rather not take the credit hit trying to see if i can qualify.

Last edited:

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
So two questions:

What's criteria for extended warranties, for example, my gf's 2013 gt have 47,000mi on it and looking on fords website I believe it fell out of the "new car" category. Would a 3rd party or premium care make much difference?

2nd: the hood and left fender have been repainted but nothing came up in the carfax, so either it was out of pocket for the last owner or maybe something early on it the cars life such as a tsb. If it was repainted from ford/dealer would oasis hold that kind of information?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Does job longevity really matter when it comes to getting financed?

Like for example, Say i've been at a job for 4-5 months. I want to buy a $20k car, I have a pretty hefty down payment to put down, Are they going to work with me or just say no? I'd rather not take the credit hit trying to see if i can qualify.
They'll work with you, but it is taken into consideration. Low job time is a higher risk loan.

So two questions:

What's criteria for extended warranties, for example, my gf's 2013 gt have 47,000mi on it and looking on fords website I believe it fell out of the "new car" category. Would a 3rd party or premium care make much difference?

2nd: the hood and left fender have been repainted but nothing came up in the carfax, so either it was out of pocket for the last owner or maybe something early on it the cars life such as a tsb. If it was repainted from ford/dealer would oasis hold that kind of information?

PM the VIN.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sent

I'll get with you tomorrow when I get to work.
Higher risk loan = higher interest rate? I plan to put down 40-50% as a downpayment.Figured that would offset the "risk" a bit.
40-50% down should get you bought anywhere.

That takes away the high risk factor because you have so much "skin in the game".

Users who are viewing this thread