Pypes long tubes problems.

GHIG'13

Established Member
So I've had my Pypes long tubes on for about 3500 miles now and I can not get the collector bolts to stay tight. I have gotten new nuts for the supplied hardware then I bought all new bolt, nuts and lock washers but they are still backing off. Anybody else have this problem? If so how did you fix it?

GHIG'13

Established Member
What about trying red loctite with the lock washers?

Have tried that as well. Is the engine moving more due to the supercharger maybe? I do have a BMR k member I am about to install, wonder if the poly motor mounts will help. I am about feed up with it, can only drive it twice before they need to be re-tightened.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Order some stage 8 locking stuff. I'm sure they have something that will work for you. Or get a castle nut and drill a small hole in the bolt and use a cotter pin to keep the nut from turning.

GHIG'13

Established Member
Never thought of the jam nut idea, duh. Thanks guys I will definitely try that. I like the castle nut idea too.

2FST-4U

Established Member
use fine thread bolts instead of coarse thread and double nut jam it. problem fixed ask me how I know ;-)

zachcrosen

Established Member
I would say to use lock nuts rather than jam nuts. The lock nuts ether would have a bulk lock in the end of the treads or the threads are oval on the end and creates a lock when you run the bolt thru it.

GHIG'13

Established Member
use fine thread bolts instead of coarse thread and double nut jam it. problem fixed ask me how I know ;-)

The supplied hardware was 10mm fine threads and the new ones I bought were 3/8" course threads but I will try the jam nut for sure.

I would say to use lock nuts rather than jam nuts. The lock nuts ether would have a bulk lock in the end of the treads or the threads are oval on the end and creates a lock when you run the bolt thru it.

Both times I have used lock nuts, thats what I don't understand. I guess if all else fails I could use some band clamps. Thanks for all the insight guys.

Allen Laws Jr

So I've had my Pypes long tubes on for about 3500 miles now and I can not get the collector bolts to stay tight. I have gotten new nuts for the supplied hardware then I bought all new bolt, nuts and lock washers but they are still backing off. Anybody else have this problem? If so how did you fix it?

I know it was long ago now but cut the flex out of each side... problem solved

Users who are viewing this thread