PXG Experience

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Prior to July, it had been 16 years, shoulder surgery, and therapy since I had golfed last. I had attempted to get back into it a few years back but a few times at the driving range left me extremely frustrated and slanging strings of four letter words together. I decided to get back into partly because my father-in-law had talked about starting back up and I felt it would be a fun time together.

Now, I had always had the mindset of buying cheap box sets of clubs until my game improves and my purchase in May was no different. Fast forward to my second outing in July and the 18th hole and my first ever swing of a driver that retailed for the cost of my entire bag, I realized my mindset may be wrong.

I booked a fitting with PXG in which we went through my entire bag. We discussed my golf background, what issues I was seeing on a course, what worked currently, what I wanted out of the session and if I had any preferences on club lineup.

After I warmed up and got some numbers with my current clubs, we got to the fitting. I felt like a fitting would slightly improve shots but I was surprised how much of a difference clubs could make for me. We settled on a set of irons that felt incredible, added a slight bit of distance, and greatly improved my consistency.

Next we moved to the driver and the area I knew needed the most help. My shot is decently long but it makes a hard right about 30 yards from the end of the carry like it is running from the police. Just the club head and a stiffer flex shaft the slice had been cut in half which was nice and about 25yds was added to my drive. I got some coaching about my swing and the drive got even straighter; I have a place to start working. We also knocked out the fairway and hybrid.

Last was the putter. This may have been the biggest shock. I tried my putter and another of theirs, for me they were very inconsistent and I couldn’t sink a putt to save my life. We tried another putter and it was like somebody hit a light switch. I nailed 14/15 putts from about 15ft away and the only missed one would have fallen if a mole had sneezed within a mile of the ball.

We finished up and my order was placed. I am excited to get the new clubs in and start working on mechanics and playing more.

IMG_4517.jpg

If you buy an EV you won’t suffer through high gas prices. - Peter Buttplug

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
My shot is decently long but it makes a hard right about 30 yards from the end of the carry like it is running from the police.
and the only missed one would have fallen if a mole had sneezed within a mile of the ball.
I wish I didn't laugh as hard at these as I did.

Glad it was a good experience for you

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
I already order an additional club; added a Gap Wedge to the order.

I also set my father-in-law up with a fitting. I had the guy on the phone laughing. I told the guy that I was paying for my father-in-law’s fitting and driver to make up for not having any goats or chickens when I married his daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

FJohnny

Established Member
A PXG driver is worth approximately 2 goats and 5 chickens.

If you don't want to offend your wife you may want to add in the irons.

Good luck with getting back to golf.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're doing it all right. You should now make short work of your barriers. Just curious, besides your father-in-law do you have others you can play golf with?

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
You're doing it all right. You should now make short work of your barriers. Just curious, besides your father-in-law do you have others you can play golf with?

I have become friends with one of my wife’s, coworker’s, husband who also golfs. We are actually talking of playing the Hermitage next month.

One of my old coworkers from my Vanderbilt days is getting more serious about golf so we plan on playing some.

There are a few others in the area I know that play and could probably hit up. I am also fine playing alone. I like the peacefulness.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
I wish I didn't laugh as hard at these as I did.

Glad it was a good experience for you

I want to improve greatly but I will never be a pro. No point in lying about my issues, best thing is to laugh about it.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Got confirmation of the new bag shipping and will is supposed to be delivered on Saturday.

Also, my initial PXG order is marked for shipment. I cannot wait.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I have become friends with one of my wife’s, coworker’s, husband who also golfs. We are actually talking of playing the Hermitage next month.

One of my old coworkers from my Vanderbilt days is getting more serious about golf so we plan on playing some.

There are a few others in the area I know that play and could probably hit up. I am also fine playing alone. I like the peacefulness.

Well, if you’re ever in NE Indiana and want to play a round somewhere cheap, with a horrible golfer who will probably put down 9 beers in 5 holes then bitch about how bad he is, hit me up.

Bag look nice, lacks any “wow” though. Like a subtle bag?

Edit: geesus, sober, still missed the US flag on the bag

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Well, if you’re ever in NE Indiana and want to play a round somewhere cheap, with a horrible golfer who will probably put down 9 beers in 5 holes then bitch about how bad he is, hit me up.

Bag look nice, lacks any “wow” though. Like a subtle bag?

Edit: geesus, sober, still missed the US flag on the bag

So, I had it narrowed down to the Bag Boy Chiller Bag, Ping Traverse Heather Gray Bag, and the Titleist Stars and Stripes Bag.

I liked the design of the PXG Aloha Bag but it did not have all the features I wanted. If I could have found something similar to the Aloha design on say the Titleist 14 Cart Bag or Ping Traverse, I would have leaned that way. I do like the Titleist Bag though. It is not as “hooah” as the Subtle Patriot Bags.

I will probably get a 101st Airborne patch sewn on to it and maybe my CMB.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
It's nice to get fitted. I found that the ball flies straighter/longer on my bad shots with my new set of Pings.

I am debating about going next week to a course and playing 18 without going to a range first. Just see what difference there is cold.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I am debating about going next week to a course and playing 18 without going to a range first. Just see what difference there is cold.

Usually takes me about 4 holes to get warmed up sans driving range.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Usually takes me about 4 holes to get warmed up sans driving range.

I’d hit a small bucket at the course range but that is all. I wouldn’t go hit buckets to get accustomed to the clubs is what I had meant.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
The little lady and I usually split a small bucket to warm up. It probably saves me about 5 strokes on the course. She's upgraded to golf shoes at this point lol.

80-golfing_5c538d4a81f1839f2804ee0e3fc8e9015a5dda7e.jpg

My wife has no desire to play. She said she played once and did not care for it. I am taking my daughter tomorrow to get her a putter and wedge to play with. Maybe I can get her interested.

Users who are viewing this thread