PW Boss build thread

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
:lol1: OK maybe it's not gone, but I can no longer enter it in a baja event either! Actually I installed the full 302S suspension and I can't wait to get it back on track in about a week.

Nice what hood did you go with CF or FG? What paint scheme are you going with? The Tiger hoods are :rockon:
My paint scheme will be totally unique, AFAIK, but will have the "muscle car" look and pay homage to the 1969 Boss 302..hint hint.
It's a 3 day 7/27-7/29 :banana: Regisration info is here:

ClubRegistration.net
I could spare an afternoon worth of rubber...but I don't have a dedicated track wheel set for 3 days worth of racing:(

I sold my Boss wheels/tires to my Dad to help pay for my new set up...BTW, I walk my Dad's 2011 5.0 much harder with these lighter weight and smaller diameter wheels. It's almost like I gained 30 extra hp throughout the powerband...but kept my warranty:beer:. Here are some pics of my Dad's car and his progress:
32f90fa7.jpg

677ab136.jpg

c92bdf99.jpg

5d3a9a89.jpg

0b859f42.jpg

cloud9

Established Member
His car looks good! Well if you are looking for something to do swing up there one afternoon and watch some stangs give those Porches hell! Admission is free :)

Last edited:

cloud9

Established Member
As for Ford not cutting out the grill....it would not pass the "snow" test, the open grill would let in to much snow. I just read that in the new Boss book Amazon.com: Mustang Boss 302: From Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car (9780760341414): Donald Farr, Parnelli Jones: Books

Jim
Specifically it was that snow could pack the inlet to the CAI behind the driver side "fake" fog opening. Thus the removable fog covers on the '13s to aid with cooling on the track. Not that many of us are slapping on a set of Blizzak's and busting through snow drifts :)

svt1111

Established Member
Specifically it was that snow could pack the inlet to the CAI behind the driver side "fake" fog opening. Thus the removable fog covers on the '13s to aid with cooling on the track. Not that many of us are slapping on a set of Blizzak's and busting through snow drifts :)

What's so funny about this is that Ford elected to delete the grill entirely on the 2013 GT500, yet even after a year of use in customer's hands, they didn't delete the fog lights from the 2013 Boss grill!

I understand the broad engineering objectives they must satisfy, but c'mon: how many people drive their Boss in a snow storm!! Heck, the Owner's supplement that came with my 2010 Powerstroke Diesel even mentions that snow can become packed in the air intake under extreme conditions!!! And that's a work truck!!:shrug:

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Hood is finally painted...I will install it tomorrow.
9e02f031.jpg

bde6a69d.jpg

c03f8d81.jpg

The retro influence is obvious with this paint scheme...honestly I never understood why Ford only blacked out the "hump" on the hood of the new Boss rather than following the natural lines:shrug:....oh well, it gives me a chance to be unique.
6713a44a.jpg

e6fc1414.jpg

89d82327.jpg

24d9c5f7.jpg

Last edited:

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Thanks guys!! Y'all have helped inspire my build...b/w this forum and BMO.com:beer:

Hood should be installed tomorrow morning by 10 am...:pepper::banana::pepper:

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Hood is finally on...Beast Mode!!!
22c2b771.jpg

9a545b70.jpg

8eae1589.jpg

I came across this really nice Impala SS with a 396 Turbo Jet on my way home...perfect for an impromptu photoshoot:
4c1ed6c4.jpg

758fe588.jpg

ba8e9b90.jpg

9909cec8.jpg

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Thanks fellas! I can now say this is the car of my dreams...exterior wise, there isn't anything else I want to do to this car. I would like to get long tube headers and a full exhaust next year.

Users who are viewing this thread