PW Boss build thread

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Some updates...rear tires arrived (Nitto NTO5s). I got them mounted and weighed on a UPS digital scale...the TSW / NTO5 285/35/18 combo weighs 50 lbs. That is a whopping 11 lbs less than the factory setup in the rear. I anticipate the fronts will weigh 13-14 lb less than stock. The total 4 corner weight loss will be around 50 lbs.:banana:
6c9be788.jpg

14c3a810.jpg

Test fit:
bbd90312.jpg

f5640f5d.jpg

Just waiting on the front tires to arrive. Steeda Ultralite springs have arrived as well. Hood should be painted by early next week....more to come:beer:

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Thanks!

To clarify, that hood is for a civic I am building...I just posted it to share some fiberglass work I've been doing. The hood I got for my Boss is the Tiger racing hood.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
well done sir, nice to see some one so passionate about their Bauce!!

BADBOSS

Established Member
You will love the tiger racing hood. The install challenge is getting the windshield washer sprayers cut in to the figerglass at the right angle.

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
well done sir, nice to see some one so passionate about their Bauce!!

Nice Job man! I am looking forward to more updates/details!

-Brian

You do some great work. Very interesting thread!
Thanks for all the kind words!:beer:

You will love the tiger racing hood. The install challenge is getting the windshield washer sprayers cut in to the figerglass at the right angle.
Hmmm...it never even dawned on me that I would have to get the windshield washer nozzles cut:bash:...I wonder if it will be possible to get these cleanly cut into the hood AFTER painting???

Here are a couple updates...
I couldn't help myself, I had to test fit the wheels before I installed the springs. Not gonna lie, the fender gap is huge....you could fit a baby under there. I'm waiting for my Dad to drive up here from Mississippi in his 2011 GT and we are gonna install the springs together. He's gonna put the black stock boss wheels on his black GT...black on black with the chrome lip should look pretty sick!

The front set up (TSW 18x9 / Nitto NTO5 165/35/18) weighs 48 lbs. That is a savings of 11 lbs...I was hoping for 13 lbs shaved up front, but ah well. Total unsprung weight saved with these wheels/tires is 42 lbs. Now onto some pics...I will have more tomorrow if it doesn't rain.
P1050365.jpg

P1050360.jpg

cloud9

Established Member
I just capped mine and ditched the washer bottle. Saved 8 lbs (including fluid) and straightened out my passenger side cooling hose :banana:

cloud9

Established Member
Your car looks great :thumbsup: What springs are you going with? I just installed the FRPP -P springs on mine and the rear fender gap is gone.

056wxh.jpg

By cloud91965 at 2012-05-11

cloud9

Established Member
I initially tried to fit the 2012 Enkei Raijin wheels. Pretty lightweight too...these weigh 21 lbs in 18 x 9.5:
b0bc899a.jpg
Those wheels look great, too bad they don't make them in our size. Have you looked at the Enkei PF01s? I have two sets for track wheels and they also weigh in at 20 (18 x 95) and 21 (18 x 10.5) lbs respectively.

cloud9

Established Member
Hey I see you're in Minnesota. We were just up at BIR last weekend running with the Nordstern PCA on the long course. There were 88 Porsches and only 4 Mustangs. :uh oh: You should get that PW Boss finished up so you can help us represent at their next event late July :beer:

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
I went with Steeda Ultralite springs. Your car looks great, but I wouldn't say your rear fender gap is gone:p

Got my springs installed today and I still have 3 finger gap up front and 3.5 in the rear...I expect it to settle another 1/4" or so over the next week.
3e54360e.jpg

FYI, my Tiger Racing hood should be finished this week:banana::rockon::beer::pepper::dancenana:

Last edited:

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Hey I see you're in Minnesota. We were just up at BIR last weekend running with the Nordstern PCA on the long course. There were 88 Porsches and only 4 Mustangs. :uh oh: You should get that PW Boss finished up so you can help us represent at their next event late July :beer:

When, July 29th? I really want to come but my work schedule is tight next month...

cloud9

Established Member
I went with Steeda Ultralite springs. Your car looks great, but I wouldn't say your rear fender gap is gone:p

Got my springs installed today and I still have 3 finger gap up front and 3.5 in the rear...I expect it to settle another 1/4" or so over the next week.

FYI, my Tiger Racing hood should be finished this week:banana::rockon::beer::pepper::dancenana:
:lol1: OK maybe it's not gone, but I can no longer enter it in a baja event either! Actually I installed the full 302S suspension and I can't wait to get it back on track in about a week.

Nice what hood did you go with CF or FG? What paint scheme are you going with? The Tiger hoods are :rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread