BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
I use the term "build" loosely...this will be more of a "mod" thread.:beer:

The day I got it:
ea986620.jpg

And parked next to my dad's 2011 5.0:
f94fd6eb.jpg

I bought the car while visiting my parents in the south...so I got it all prepped up for the 1000 mile trip home. When I got home and peeled off all the tape....no rock chips!!!:dancenana::
97be412e.jpg

Next I put some yellow Lamin-X film on the headlights...I think it turned out pretty nice:
120bda02.jpg

43fb4fa1.jpg

Also going to get the large plastic radiator cover and fuse box cover overlayed in a cosmetic carbon fiber weave...I've never seen anybody else use this unusual pattern so it should look pretty striking.
85994127.jpg

I initially tried to fit the 2012 Enkei Raijin wheels. Pretty lightweight too...these weigh 21 lbs in 18 x 9.5:
b0bc899a.jpg

Unfortunately they didn't clear the Brembo calipers:
ce111f49.jpg

Although you cant tell in this pic, it probably would have required a 10 mm spacer to clear the calipers:
3de9e35a.jpg

Then my personalized license plate came in:
15fc1e29.jpg

99916b95.jpg

And I got the "no-drill" front license frame:
a412817f.jpg

I also installed some Roush 1/4 window louvers:
c8263f1b.jpg

After 2 monthy of waiting, the radiator cover arrived...:rockon::
IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_1337.jpg

And I installed some Roush side splitters:
IMG_1342.jpg

Last edited:

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Just picked up some new wheels...TSW Nurburings in 18x9 (f) and 18x9.5 (r). I went with 18s because a) tires are MUCH cheaper b) smaller wheels/tires reduces unsprung weight c) better acceleration with a smaller diameter and lastly....d) I can get Nitto NT05s!!

These aren't my wheels but they are identical...
d2ab2ee8.jpg

I am also thinking about getting them powdercoated dark red...there is just something about red wheels on this car that makes me:yumyum::yumyum:
f0745472.jpg

Here is how gunmetal will look:
1e1dc4a5.jpg

Vs the OEM wheels:
c5f06aca.jpg

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Next up, I have a Tiger Racing hood that is getting prepped for paint. I am getting it sprayed in a slightly different pattern that I think will flow better with the lines of the hood and retain the retro look of the original boss....it should be finished by next week.
boss302shood.jpg

I'm also saving up for coilovers...I am currently torn between the Eibach R1s and the KW V2s.

Last edited:

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
I wanted to get BAUCE for a plate but someone beat me to it :-/

I love seeing the people behind me at red lights trying to decipher my tag...almost without fail, the guys driving minivans have the unmistakeable look of resentment after they figure it out.:coolman:

nccstud

Established Member
I love seeing the people behind me at red lights trying to decipher my tag...almost without fail, the guys driving minivans have the unmistakeable look of resentment after they figure it out.:coolman:

Haha...I hear ya! I have the same plate and you can see the look of complete confusion on most faces. Really, it's pronounced just like sauce, but with a b. I had a van full of younger kids pull behind me and a stop light. They got it right away. They all started cracking up and taking pictures of the car. It was pretty funny.

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
So I am doing some cosmetic surgery on my Boss grill....I didn't take initial pics, but you guys all know how restrictive the Boss gril is. It's like FoMoCo got lazy and left half the grill slats in place.

Here is after removing several of the top center slats...this pic shows how I start by dremeling horizontally with a reinforced cut off wheel:
c94ebd93.jpg

b7f4e633.jpg

I also removed the fake fog light shrouds...I will put some nylon mesh behind to prevent rocks from hitting the radiator:
ed9b2003.jpg

And it is all masked up and ready for paint:
d80f5093.jpg

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Thanks!

For the life of me I don't understand why FoMoCo didn't finish removing the six slats above the pony emblem in the first place???

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Grill is finished...a couple hours of work and I have a very nice replica 302S grill:rolling:

Here it is after painting:
76a70e5d.jpg

And after installing the mesh:
1ba247ee.jpg

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Thanks! It still needs some more work to finish bonding the mesh down around some of the edges of the fog shrouds....but overall I'm really pleased with the outcome.

LostPony

Established Member
What did you use to bond the mesh to the grill? It looks like you made a ring for the mesh then inserted it and bonded it to the gill. I'd like to see some more pics of the mesh ring. Overall it looks great and I may do the same for my car.

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
Grill is finished...a couple hours of work and I have a very nice replica 302S grill:rolling:

Here it is after painting:
76a70e5d.jpg

And after installing the mesh:
1ba247ee.jpg

I don't understand the work you've put into the stock grill(looks great BTW), since you put the Roush grill in. :shrug:

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Are you going to put lights in there or is it just for cooling?

No fog lights....just for cooling and to mimic the look of the 302s.

What did you use to bond the mesh to the grill? It looks like you made a ring for the mesh then inserted it and bonded it to the gill. I'd like to see some more pics of the mesh ring. Overall it looks great and I may do the same for my car.
I just cut the mesh to overlap the fog light shrouds by 1-2 cm all around. I then used my favorite product for gluing plastic, Bondo bumper repair epoxy...this shit is the bomb!
465a81c9.jpg

I don't understand the work you've put into the stock grill(looks great BTW), since you put the Roush grill in. :shrug:
Thanks for the feedback!

I just really enjoy customizing stuff...plus, it's not like the Roush grill is permanent??

Here are some pics of a carbon fiber hood I have customized into a vented hood:
a0fd712c.jpg

969b2c8b.jpg

8f44ee0c.jpg

c957a580.jpg

hood1-1.jpg

hood2-1.jpg

hood3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread