Pulling the trigger Whipple 2.3 question

NiceCobra

Established Member
I'm about to pull the trigger on a low mileage 8k miles he says Whipple 2.3 gen 2. I'm also getting 60lb injectors, maf mafia, bap,
Will I need anything else other than a tb?
My mods now 03 cobra
Jlt next gen rai
O/r prochamber
Stingers
Killer chiller
2.76 pulley with 100 mm idler
Mm subframe connectors
Hr race springs
Fr diff cover
Thanks

BoostedByV

No Fly By ZONE
Established Member
Save and buy new .
If you don't want to do that . Make sure it's a gen 2 2.3
If you don't care about emissions testing go with the tvs

94slowbra1

Established Member
to answer your questions no you have the other parts figured out. after everything is installed you will want a custom dyno tune. enjoy your new power

NiceCobra

Established Member
Depends on the cost of the tvs as I would rather that but it is not in my budget right now. I'm just looking for 560-600 whp for right now. The Whipple comes with the 3.0 upper so hopefully will be in that range. From my research I should see 17-18 lbs boost with stock headers?
Yes I will need to by a single blade accufab tb. That's currently what he is running but keeping it. And it is the gen 2 it has the sight glass

What are the chances of my stock clutch holding up for a little while? Clutch only has 8k miles and has only been street driven

Last edited:

94slowbra1

Established Member
im making 616 with my gen 1 and pump 93. if you are on a budget the the whipple 2.3 is more than fine. if its in good shape go for it

NiceCobra

Established Member
^ yea my bad haha . I messaged him. This forum acts up when I'm on my phone.
If he's having a Black Friday deal ontop of the 0% financing ill probably jump on that.
Know of anyone running stock tb on the tvs? And what pulley would you recommend to make around ~600 whp?

fr03cobra

Established Member
I think guys are using the dragon single blade t/b vs the gt500 t/b. good deal, always like to see guys get more hp power.lol

NiceCobra

Established Member
On vmp site their is an option for stock tb inlet. So I was talking about the 03-04 tb. Unless I'm reading it wrong

Users who are viewing this thread