Pulling the trigger Whipple 2.3 question

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
^ yea my bad haha . I messaged him. This forum acts up when I'm on my phone.
If he's having a Black Friday deal ontop of the 0% financing ill probably jump on that.
Know of anyone running stock tb on the tvs? And what pulley would you recommend to make around ~600 whp?
I have Gen 1 2.3 whipple with stock TB Jtl Rai at 19lb of boost and got hit 597 rwhp.Not sure of the pulley combo

NiceCobra

Established Member
Just got off the phone with tps. He's a real cool guy . I'm ordering the tvs from him tomorrow with the vmp fuel upgrade .
Ill be running my stock tb and the 3.0 pulley

Daywalker

Established Member
It's easy for people to say "save and buy new", I got that too when I was looking to buy a used whipple. New vs. used could save you close to $1000 depending on how good of a deal you can find, and may even come with extras if the seller is motivated. A new whipple is just the whipple, that's all. I bought a used whipple Gen II 2.3 and I couldnt be happier. I say go for it, good luck!

fr03cobra

Established Member
yea but you can never tell how many miles are on a used one. people say 8k miles when it was really 30k miles.

NiceCobra

Established Member
Well the guy wanted $3,250 for Whipple 2.3 no tb, mafia, 60lb , and bap.
I'm getting the tvs and vmp fuel upgrade for $3,650 all brand new and still am able to use my stock tb.
Figured I can't go wrong going that route

b_dike

Established Member
Just got off the phone with tps. He's a real cool guy . I'm ordering the tvs from him tomorrow with the vmp fuel upgrade .
Ill be running my stock tb and the 3.0 pulley

I think you'll be happy with that decision!!! The tvs is a great blower for its size... I also just bought the same package as you with a 3.0" pulley. I'd recommend a sbtb if you plan on upping the boost in the future though.

Same power as the Whipple on pump gas, but e85 is where it really shines. Also when driving out of boost the iat2's will be cooler. A definite advantage over any screw type blower.

Congrats

NiceCobra

Established Member
I think you'll be happy with that decision!!! The tvs is a great blower for its size... I also just bought the same package as you with a 3.0" pulley. I'd recommend a sbtb if you plan on upping the boost in the future though.

Same power as the Whipple on pump gas, but e85 is where it really shines. Also when driving out of boost the iat2's will be cooler. A definite advantage over any screw type blower.

Congrats
^ what size belt are you running ? Are you running a 100 mm snub?
Yea idk what I'm doing yet since I am waiting until spring to install it. So I may buy the sbtb by then. But from my research and from talking to tps it seems like the stock tb will be fine with the 3.0 pulley and 16-17 lbs of boost.
Tps said the stock tb should be fine up to around 600whp which is what I'm looking for

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
Go SBTB, people at 16-17lbs have shown decent gains with a sbtb over the stocker.

Users who are viewing this thread