Pulley/Tune only E55 goes 11.6 @120mph in FL HEAT, outruns a ZR1

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
"Trying to figure out who whatcop is, not sure though.

That was not my car running the ZR1, this is mine below:

E55 vs ZR1 - YouTube"
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, that was a nice run in that video. You hooked very nicely right out of the hole. Love your E55! :)

Last edited:

jfsram

Established Member
I love AMG! But these are very expensive cars to own, people need to know that before they purchase one.

No doubt, and the resale value reflects that. Great cars when they are young and under warranty but a repair bill from most MB is about the same as buying a used Chevrolet.

Not here to knock the car. Vid was posted of a worthy win and win it did. :bowdown:

redfire03 svt

Established Member
You the man Whatcop:) You going this Sunday to C&O?

In stock form on street tires with normal conditions they will go 12.0-12.3 at 112-116.... That is a well maintained E55. We have a couple guys on our board that has added drag radials only, and ran 11.8 @ 118 at Famosa in Cali... There have been a couple guys dip into the 11's stock, but that is with great weather and track prep.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Those are awesome numbers for stock cars! I figured the drag radials would help a good bit since those cars make such big power under the curve.

Whatcop?

Established Member
You the man Whatcop:) You going this Sunday to C&O?

In stock form on street tires with normal conditions they will go 12.0-12.3 at 112-116.... That is a well maintained E55. We have a couple guys on our board that has added drag radials only, and ran 11.8 @ 118 at Famosa in Cali... There have been a couple guys dip into the 11's stock, but that is with great weather and track prep.

Lol not sure yet. The car might still be down.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
The new E63 212 body also has the 722.9

Either way both transmissions use the same fluid & have the same inherent problems.

Hmmmm, I haven't heard of any tranny issues on the 5spd Auto's in the E55/CLS55 other than that they are very stout.

I've read of numerous issues with the 7spd 722.9s.

Whatcop?

Established Member
Don't get me wrong I love the E55 and my mom had one for awhile and I drove it a lot and even took it to an autox event once. However, it weighs too much to compete with a lot of todays cars unless you dump tons and I mean tons of money into them.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
Hmmmm, I haven't heard of any tranny issues on the 5spd Auto's in the E55/CLS55 other than that they are very stout.

I've read of numerous issues with the 7spd 722.9s.

I dont want to turn this guys thread into the 722.9 vrs the 722.6 thread.
If you want I can pm you.
Dave.

Users who are viewing this thread