Pulley swap & exhaust termi tune

spaldingpm

Established Member
Please forgive me. I am very ignorant when it comes to these online forums. I'm sure this is in the search function, but operating off my phone, I really have no idea what I'm doing hah.

So to the goods...
I'm picking up a 48k mile Silver 03 in a week, off a friend. So far, what I know it has I as follows:
MagnaFlow o\r x
Magnaflow CB
Extensively built IRS with 3.73s
And a stock blower with 2.93 pulley.

I'm coming from a vortech, fully built 01 GT making 500w, so I know until the blower is ported or I go with another route, it will be noticeably slower (I mean it is, I've driven it), but I love the driveability and low end tq. Much more fun.

It has a dyno tune on it currently, by a local guy here in indianapolis and he's not very well respected in the community. There are a few other able mod motor tuners around here, but again, they're not well respected at all.

Off the bat, I'd like to get full billet flow idler's, and a 2.76.

What is everyone's experience with email tunes? Who is the most respected? Until I grt the port, I'd like to try out the 2.76, do some datalog, and have it mail tuned, but who should I go with?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with a 2.76, exhaust, and tune, I should be around the 460-475w range right? Right now, with the 2.93, I woukd most likely be in the 430-440 range?

Last edited:

MineralCobra

Established Member
I had a mail order tune from Rick @ Amazon tuning solutions. car had simiar mods to yours and a 2.7 pulley ran great. It was spot on with the 1st time.

86gt5liter

Established Member
Off topic, I'm up here in Kokomo. If you get it, I'm down in Indy often we could meet up. Don't get to see many cobra's around here.

spaldingpm

Established Member
My closest friends all have high HP stangs, vettes, supras, vipers, etc . I'm the turd in the bunch haha. Every Sat evening, we all meet up at RPM Performance off eaststreet.
However, now it's a bit cold! It will resume in the spring!

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I had a mail order tune from Rick @ Amazon tuning solutions. car had simiar mods to yours and a 2.7 pulley ran great. It was spot on with the 1st time.

Amazon went to the dogs and Rick turned out to be a low life. Still waiting on my tune or at this time refund from back in 2011 or there about. They had all kinds of excuses month after month, oh we're moving shop, Rick's in poor health and on and on it went. They used to be vendors on this site and their forum section got blown up for a while with angry customers and then we got threats of been banned from the site for bitching at them. Finally they got removed from here and we all just cut our losses.

Buyer beware.

Users who are viewing this thread