Pulley puller question

Modenausa

Established Member
About to purchase a 2010 gt500. Had an 04 cobra prior and still have the billetflo puller i used on the cobra. Will that puller work to remove and install a new pulley on the gt500? Anyone know? Thanks

sedanman

Established Member
Not sure, I would lean to no. Terminator pulleys are pulled from behind, where as a shelby pulley is pulled on the pulley surface (ribs).

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
OEM balancer has no bolt holes so you can't use a conventional puller. You'll have to use something like OTC Tool's #6667. I can't help you on the differences with a Terminator. The OTC tool looks like this.

otc-6667_w.jpg

sedanman

Established Member
I assume he is talking about the upper pulley. Also fwiw VMP tunning makes a great pulley puller/installer.

djervin

Established Member
I was in the same boat, the puller for the 03/04 will not work. I bought vmp's puller it works great and is a nice piece. I believe the vmp puller has an option for the clam shell as well so you can use theirs on cobra's and gt500's....

08KR525

Established Member
VMP 's puller is a quality piece. Swapping pulleys on the GT500 can sometimes be a real pain but VMP 's setup will make it a lot easier on you as long as you follow the directions. GL.

Users who are viewing this thread