Pulley and Tune?

fstr03svtcobra

Established Member
I think I am about ready to do a pulley and a tune. My mods are a RAI, offroad x, catback, and frpp shorties to the engine and I want a pulley and a tune. I don't want to go the ported route yet but I was wondering if a mail order tune and a pulley would be ok for my car... Or does it need to be tuned by a professional? If anybody has had luck with a mail order tune than what tune did you get and what are your numbers?

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
An email tune can be dead on and can be way off. If you have a local dyno available make sure you put the car on the dyno and check the A/F along with datalogging the car. All too often I meet people that just assume a tuner knows what they're doing and since the car "feels" like it runs great so they just never check. If there's no local dyno invest in a wideband so you can moniter it yourself. Either way with a simple combo like that any good tuner should have your car with a safe tune rather easily, just always check to be safe.

fstr03svtcobra

Established Member
An email tune can be dead on and can be way off. If you have a local dyno available make sure you put the car on the dyno and check the A/F along with datalogging the car. All too often I meet people that just assume a tuner knows what they're doing and since the car "feels" like it runs great so they just never check. If there's no local dyno invest in a wideband so you can moniter it yourself. Either way with a simple combo like that any good tuner should have your car with a safe tune rather easily, just always check to be safe.

Thanks, do you think this: "SCT Livewire Custom Flash Device for 03-04 Cobra" from lethal would get the job done?
Here's the link:
SCT Livewire Custom Flash Device for 03-04 Cobra [SCT-9600] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
That's a nice piece, but you'll still need to check the tune that they'll send you with it. I'd talk to Lethal and find out what their policy is on tune revisions.

rudycobra

Established Member
i am in process of getting one from rwtd.com running with the devil. i am hoping it is close cause i was tring to hold off going to the dyno untill do few more things.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
You guys doing mail order tunes really need to get a w/b so the tuner can verify the a/f.That being said,I did a mail order and verified the tune by datalogging the car,e-mail that to the tuner.Then the tuner would send me a revision till we got it dialed in.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
we have a power package for $549 tuner,pulley,plugs,belt..the tuner comes with a free custom tune for your vehicle mods..it is a preliminary tune.. you will have to datalog and check AF for Rick to be able to optimalize the tune.. we also offer free life time revisions for whatever you add down the road..

Pm me your # and i will have Rick give you a call to discuss your tuning options

Users who are viewing this thread