Pug eats g/f's iPhone. Hilarity does not ensue.

SoCalCobra

Intaker & 7.5" Pistons!
Established Member
Backstory: My girlfriend volunteered to take care of her friend's pug while she finds an apartment to live in. Now, I've made my dislike for this offering very clear, but it obviously did no good. So, we've had this cat shit eating pug in our house for about two weeks and I get an email from my girlfriend tonight while I'm at work.

"Ok so I would call you but Ojos (the stupid pug's name) chewed up my phone. I know, I'm sure you're in disbelief. I'm very angry and yeah. I'll call you when I can."

Now, obviously I'm pissed off that this dumb ass dog turned her iPhone in to a chew toy, but I feel kind of smug right now because I WAS RIGHT. She called me later from her friend's (the pug's owner) cell phone and I spoke to her. She still doesn't want to make her friend take the dog to someone else's house and she said her friend is going to buy her a new iPhone. I told her that I'm not paying for one, and if her friend buys it then that's on her but she's not getting one from me.

I haven't been home yet, but I'll post up pics of the phone after I get home.

Lucky for the dog that it wasn't my phone because it would have been out on it's head.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
Did the dog go into your gf's purse and get the phone or does your gf not know that the dog likes to chew things, even though the dog has been with her for a few days now? Sounds like your gf is careless.

xl2ockl3ottomx

Established Member
that sucks, but advise her not to buy a new iphone just yet, the next version is supposedly due out of shortly.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Hilarity is ensuing for everyone but your girl and apparently you. I'd give her a big "told ya so" and let it be. My girl did some pet sitting in the past and little things would go wrong, but she enjoyed it. I hated it and usually tried not to take any part in it. Make sure she gets a new iphone from her friend and hope the Pug dies because it swallowed some sharp objects. It technically shouldn't be her friend's fault since your gf offered to take care of the dog and left her phone out. A pug can't exactly jump up onto a table and grab a phone...

My gf's sister was pet sitting her dad's 3 dogs (a boxer and 2 pugs). The boxer jumped up on the counter and pulled down a bag of about 20 chocolate chip cookies, and the 3 dogs ate the entire bag. Lucky for her they didn't get sick and die. Moral of the story? Be more responsible when you promise to take care of other people's stuff.

JDStud6

Established Member
my old roomate dog-sat for 2 chihuahuas and those little tards were pooping and peeing all over the place. It was a rough week. After she got married she moved in with her boyfriend who had a pitbull. She once again watched the 2 chihuahuas and the pitbull killed one of them, lol. It freaked her out thats for sure.

JD

cthunder

Established Member
This is the exact reason why I take my rottweiler to the kennel... your GF's friend could have paid far less than having to buy a new iPhone. The main question I have is; who pays rent? if you do, I'd tell her that and the dog would have never stayed in the apartment. If you split rent, or if she pays all of it, you'd better get used to the rules.

GunsUpCoyote

Global Wahhh? 12 mpg
Established Member
What's wrong with iphones? I love mine. Keeps me entertained.

I open mine up and decide what I feel like doing lol.

Do I feel like listening to music?

Do I wanna check the weather across the world?

Get on the internet?

Plus I picked mine up for 100 bucks

Users who are viewing this thread