PS4 or Xbox

11sec Guy

Established Member
Well it’s gonna be a long boring winter and I am ready to buy my first game console at age 31. I have a 55in 4k curved Samsung tv that I will be using. I would like to hear which systems you guys recommend and why. I am leaning towards PS4 since that’s what people at work mostly play but I think I like the Xbox controller better. Anyways which do you guys think is better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zemedici

Established Member
100% preference. They’re the same thing.

PlayStation the caliber of players is a bit higher, and i believe the audience is a bit older.

However it’s really potato potatoe

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I'd say PS4 just based on my experiences with previous XBOXs, except the current XBOX One. I had nothing but trouble with XBOX, XBOX 360, from crashing in the middle of games to not booting etc. My first X360 was a dud right out of the box and had to be returned. I have had every PS from 1-4 and never experienced any hardware failures with any of them. From what I understand the development that went into XBOX One is much better, as well as the hardware and it damn well should be. I just have a hard time wanting to give Microsoft any more of my money. However my 7 year old wants an XBOX for Christmas, so it looks like daddy is going to have to cough up the dough for one.

11sec Guy

Established Member
Now my other question is do I go for the PS4 Pro ? Or Xbox one x ? Are these worth the higher price tag compared to the PS4 slim ?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Now my other question is do I go for the PS4 Pro ? Or Xbox one x ? Are these worth the higher price tag compared to the PS4 slim ?

Do you have a 4K|HDR TV? If you have just a regular 1080 set then stick to the slim, but if you have a 4K, or plan on one, then I'd do the PS4 Pro, it's also has more hdd space, better GPU.

Blown 89

Established Member
You can't go wrong with either. The Xbox has a better online service but the PS4 has been getting the better games lately.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I did both to get those console exclusive titles, but you will find there are way more games for PS4 than XBox.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
The X1X with a 4k TV is pretty sweet.

IMO it comes down to which games you like and which console offers more of the exclusive content you want to play.
Used to own both(360/PS3), but now just have the Xbox 1x for the latest generation console.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Thanks guys I ended up picking up a PS4 pro bundle pack with red dead redemption
SOrry for your loss.

LOL, jk. Its all preference. But with the Xbox 1X (more powerful than the PS4 pro), you can play digital games on the console and on PC. Right now this is just for the AAA titles like Forza. Can play it on your gaming rig PC, then if youre tired of sitting on a chair, you can open your save on the xbox and play on the couch.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
You made the right choice. I have owned both in the past but always preferred Playstation. I really dont see the same faults everyone talks about with online play. It's never an ussue for me.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
I got PS4. I don't play online so that didn't factor into my decision. I prefer the controller on PS4 for the rare occasions where I use one. For me the big decision was steering wheel options for the PS4 were IMO better than for the XBone.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I've been a Xbox guy for many years. I made the switch a couple years ago and bought a PS4. I like the PS4 exclusives that can't be played on a Xbox. Zero regrets.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread