PS3 Graphics

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
DirectX 10 (just like PS3 not fully developed)
Actual Gameplay Micrososft Flight Simulator X

56.jpg

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
Running Dual X1950's w/ Crossfire here. Equivelant to Quad SLI Nvidia for those non-ATI fans.

I actually went w/ NVidia cards at first but found that the MB I bought was set up for ATI's w/ crossfire. Anyways, that + Core2Duo 6700 and 4gb DDR2 800 dual channel?

> PS3....

However, games on PC wont look near as good as the PS3 games until DX10 is released. Even then, console gaming is still generally more fun. The only games I play on a PC now are MMO's.

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
inuswo said:
Running Dual X1950's w/ Crossfire here. Equivelant to Quad SLI Nvidia for those non-ATI fans.

I actually went w/ NVidia cards at first but found that the MB I bought was set up for ATI's w/ crossfire. Anyways, that + Core2Duo 6700 and 4gb DDR2 800 dual channel?

> PS3....

However, games on PC wont look near as good as the PS3 games until DX10 is released. Even then, console gaming is still generally more fun. The only games I play on a PC now are MMO's.

a disagree.....i think PC games are 10x better than any consol game. ever play battlefield 2?

1Day-ACobra

I'm workin on it
Established Member
While it's too early to tell, I have a HUNCH that the PS3 will end up fairing much better against 360's defect rate.

It is truly sad how many 360s are still dying every day. brand new consoles. People are on their 3rd and 4th system. Xbox.com technical issues forum is like one big 360 morgue.

mustangbee

Established Member
1Day-ACobra said:
While it's too early to tell, I have a HUNCH that the PS3 will end up fairing much better against 360's defect rate.

It is truly sad how many 360s are still dying every day. brand new consoles. People are on their 3rd and 4th system. Xbox.com technical issues forum is like one big 360 morgue.

dude, what is up with your xbox bashing...is it that big of a deal..lol..no, but really i have a few friends with 360s and none of us have had any probs:shrug:

mustangbee

Established Member
also and interesting read about the 360 and ps3 from a developer standpoint......

http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-348-1.htm

"Graphics: The XBOX 360 is a clear winner. The GPU is more powerful. It has more powerful fillrate, and far more pixel and vertex processing horsepower. Part of the reason is their choice of memory, and architecture of pixel and vertex procesing. I can’t get into details but the same vertex shader will run much slower on the PS3 than the XBOX 360. The 360 also has a clever new way rendering high definition anti aliased back buffers. To accomplish the same effect on PS3 is prohibitively expensive. For this reason I think many games will have no choice but to run in non-HD resolutions on the PS3 version, use a lower quality anti aliasing technique, or do back buffer upscaling. The end result in all cases is going to be noticeably worse image quality"

Last edited:

Allanon

SVT Druid
Established Member
mustangbee said:
also and interesting read about the 360 and ps3 from a developer standpoint......

"Graphics: The XBOX 360 is a clear winner. The GPU is more powerful. It has more powerful fillrate, and far more pixel and vertex processing horsepower. Part of the reason is their choice of memory, and architecture of pixel and vertex procesing. I can’t get into details but the same vertex shader will run much slower on the PS3 than the XBOX 360. The 360 also has a clever new way rendering high definition anti aliased back buffers. To accomplish the same effect on PS3 is prohibitively expensive. For this reason I think many games will have no choice but to run in non-HD resolutions on the PS3 version, use a lower quality anti aliasing technique, or do back buffer upscaling. The end result in all cases is going to be noticeably worse image quality"
:thumbsup: Read that earlier today. Of course everybody alrady knew that, except the sony camp.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
mustangbee said:
dude, what is up with your xbox bashing...is it that big of a deal..lol..no, but really i have a few friends with 360s and none of us have had any probs:shrug:

what's with the ps3 bashing? It's only been on the market for 4 days:poke:

TurdFerguson

Scumbag
Established Member
Riddlaontheroof said:
what's with the ps3 bashing? It's only been on the market for 4 days:poke:

exactly. 90% of the people who are on here discussing these topics "ps3 sucks, 360 is 10 times better!" havent played a ps3 to make a good comparison.

if someone likes the ps3 they are a fan boy but the people who all over the 360, they're not apparently.

1Day-ACobra

I'm workin on it
Established Member
mustangbee said:

it pisses me off. i'm glad you guys have flawless systems. I'm on my 2nd, and i just dont think there should be this kind of defect rate a year after release. It's ridiculous. On xbox.com you have people buying gears of war, playing it, having their 360 freeze, and dying. This is one of the best games if not the best game of next-gen. It doesn't help Epic when the 360 is shitting out on it.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I am just annoyed that 1 good game comes out on the system (GoW) and people act like 360 is the best thing since sliced bread. You have to give other platforms time to develop things too.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
WireEater said:
I am just annoyed that 1 good game comes out on the system (GoW) and people act like 360 is the best thing since sliced bread. You have to give other platforms time to develop things too.

Theres more then 1 good game for it...

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
openaccount said:
Lol, not even close Halo for xbox is by far the most succesful game to sell a console. Hell most people bought xbox's just for Halo.

Halo is good, but better then ZELDA...maybe in the multiplayer department :lol:

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
I dont have either.... i'm not up on my gaming systems.

However, i played madden on Xbox360 and I was not impressed at all. I thought it was regular xbox until someone told me.

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
mustangbee said:

is it just me or is this website totally biased to the xbox 360? i mean they didnt acknowledge any good attribute of the ps3..... even the built in blueray player, they said it wasnt a big deal because xbox sold an external hd-dvd drive so if the drive went out you could just replace it... ok... but doesnt the price of buying the hd-dvd drive also make the xbox $200 more, and therefore the same price as a ps3???? yes it does! and even then blueray is a superior technology to hd-dvd.. 50gigs vs. 30gigs...... that is the difference, and eventually programmers will come up with a game that utilizes all that space with game content.

also... i dont own an xbox, so correct me if im wrong... but dont you have to pay for xbox live? because that sucks! you already pay for internet access, and now you must pay to use their servers. they should make it free like sony did for the ps3 IMHO......

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
I have both so no complaints here. although I am on my second 360 as the first died. On a side note the PS3 is the cheapest Blue Ray player on the market plus it plays kick @ss games you really can't go wrong. The next cheapest Blue Ray player out now is 1k. A better question here is how many people have true 1080P tv's? 360 is offering an HD-DVD player as an option now but it doesn't support HDMI so there will be no true 1080P coming from that thing.

TurdFerguson

Scumbag
Established Member
WireEater said:

i see where you're coming from.

everyone talks like GoW is going to crumble the whole sony empire of electronics.

yea it looks a lot better than ps3 games, i would hope it does comign out a year after the system has been released, compared to launch ps3 games.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
96redvette said:
... i dont own an xbox, so correct me if im wrong... but dont you have to pay for xbox live? because that sucks! you already pay for internet access, and now you must pay to use their servers. they should make it free like sony did for the ps3 IMHO......

Yes its $24.00 a year= $2.00 a month. PS3 Needs to be free untill they get all their problems with it worked out.

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
type911 said:
Yes its $24.00 a year= $2.00 a month. PS3 Needs to be free untill they get all their problems with it worked out.

i didnt realize it was that cheap... i guess its not that bad but still, its kinda like paying for internet acess twice.

Users who are viewing this thread