Protein shakes for weight loss..Help

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Yeah, that's me. I've never officially been on a diet. I've never had to be on one. I played sports constantly as a kid, and even when I slowed down a little in my later 20s, into my 30s, I could eat whatever I wanted without having to worry about it. Now, I'm in my mid-40s, and it's becoming more difficult.

My problem is the whole "healthy eating lifestyle" consists of about 4 food choices, as far as I can tell: chicken, fish, vegetables, protein. And they're all bland as hell unless you add some kind of sauce. But then, it's not healthy any more, right?

I'm sorry, but I've only got one trip through this life. There's no way in hell I'm cutting out things I enjoy like pasta, pizza, sandwiches, etc. I can cut down, sure, but not out. Meanwhile, the health nuts tell you you have get rid of those things entirely. I don't want to spend my life trying to find variations of those 4 things that I haven't already had 10K times before.

Maybe I'm taking things to literally, or taking them to the extreme. But that's what it sounds like when I read these kinds of threads.

Everything in moderation. There's nothing wrong with eating the "bad" things occasionally, just don't make it breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

josephcostello

Established Member
I would match protein shakes with healthy eating habits and working out at the gym regularly. If you commit you will start seeing changes fast. Good for you for getting out there and making the change for yourself

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

My94GT

Established Member
Yeah, that's me. I've never officially been on a diet. I've never had to be on one. I played sports constantly as a kid, and even when I slowed down a little in my later 20s, into my 30s, I could eat whatever I wanted without having to worry about it. Now, I'm in my mid-40s, and it's becoming more difficult.

My problem is the whole "healthy eating lifestyle" consists of about 4 food choices, as far as I can tell: chicken, fish, vegetables, protein. And they're all bland as hell unless you add some kind of sauce. But then, it's not healthy any more, right?

I'm sorry, but I've only got one trip through this life. There's no way in hell I'm cutting out things I enjoy like pasta, pizza, sandwiches, etc. I can cut down, sure, but not out. Meanwhile, the health nuts tell you you have get rid of those things entirely. I don't want to spend my life trying to find variations of those 4 things that I haven't already had 10K times before.

Maybe I'm taking things to literally, or taking them to the extreme. But that's what it sounds like when I read these kinds of threads.

Hey I think most people can agree a limited diet sucks. Like I said above I don’t do that shit either. I’ve done clean eating, as well as flexible dieting where I weigh everything and calculate macros. I saw killer results but it was a lot of work and not fit for my current lifestyle.

It’s really about setting realistic peramaters in my opinion. Decide what your goals are and tailor around that. Just understand that if you want to incorporate fatty cuts of meat and pizzas, beer, desserts into your diet it just means what ever your physique goal is may take longer.

It’s important to have a happy relationship with eating, as long as you aren’t binge eating then you should be fine to enjoy what you want and incorporate exercise into your lifestyle to help support not only over all health but physical strength. Body building as a whole is such a ****ed thing to delve into, people want that type of ripped physique but don’t always understand not only the work that goes into it but also the head case mess mentally the majority of people who par take in the sport are or end up being because of diet based restrictions.

Blown 89

Established Member

If you learn to cook you can do a lot with healthy food. Pork is good for you and there's nothing wrong with red meat from time to time. Even pulled pork isn't terrible for you if you prepared it right or at the very least substitute a couple of sides. There's a ton of healthy food outside the traditional chicken and rice approach. There are quite a few publications and web content on cooking healthy that produce excellent results that are worth looking into.

For instance; I love sweet potato fries. Sweet taters are very good for you but frying them isn't. A way around that is to cut two taters into fries and put in a plastic bag. Add some corn starch and shake. Then add a little garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper to taste (ie not much) and enough vegetable oil to lightly coat the fries and shake. Bake at 425 for a half hour, flip, bake another 15 minutes. Healthier sweet potato fries. I actually prefer them over fries sweet taters.

Even chicken can be prepared a million ways. I have a really good adobo chicken recipe that's prepared in cast iron with sweet potatoes, onions, and a maple adobo glaze. If that's too complicated stuff a can of beer up a bird and toss it on the grill. There's nothing like a good beer can chicken.

Rct851

Established Member
Don’t buy shakes. Make your own. It’s cheaper and can be made to fit your needs.

I have a custom blender that is spun by a cr500 2 stroke motor.

Just kidding.... but my mixture is thick lol

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
♂️ By all means do as you please but I gave you a study based off of bodybuilders that proves otherwise.
Also lol at comparing your diet to what you may read works for body builders likely on a variety of gear.
Weird,.......we've must of been reading different muscle magazines. Rich Piana used to go to burger/food joints literally right after hitting the gym??
Weird.
** double thumbs up!!**

Users who are viewing this thread