Protein shakes for weight loss..Help

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
I'll looking for a protein shake to supplement breakfast and lunch. Something I can use in a blender cup and low in sugar. Really want to get into habit of good eating and exercising at night. My breakfast and lunch decisions are generally bad. I want to change that. What do you guys recommend for Protein shakes.. again to LOSE weight not to gain....Hahaha

Thanks!!

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
BSN makes the best powders for shakes period. 60-70% of my diet comes from meal replacement shakes. I have gone from 170 lbs @ 19% body fat to 215 lbs @ 14% body fat over the last 3 years and most of my meals are liquid.

I have a buddy who only eats one solid food meal a day and the rest are from shakes. and he is a ripped beast at 225 lbs with 11% body fat.

People say its not recommended to consume more then one or two meal replacement shakes a day but the truth is with todays supplements and the quality they produce along with the ability to consume them without being bloated changes everything.

I take them to gain weight cause I can consume a 1000 calorie shake in about 30 seconds but I have a real hard time doing the same with solid food. But u can consume the shakes to lose weight as well but of course u don't want the high calorie shake like the True Mass from BSN.

Their a little more expensive then the others but for a good reason. Its very granular and does not bloat u.

and the absolute best way to add Protien to ur diet without extra calories is a supplement called Genepro. 30 grams of Protein in a table spoon! yes a table spoon!

https://www.amazon.com/Medical-Prot...F8&qid=1517420501&sr=1-1&keywords=genpro&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/BSN-SYNTHA-6-Protein-Hydrolyzed-Micellar/dp/B01DY8NO9I/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1517419817&sr=8-1&keywords=bsn+protein+shake&th=1

Last edited:

Rare40th

Established Member
I use Carnivor Beef Protein, not the Mass Protein. And their chocolate flavor is the best too.
It has no sugar, no fat, low carbs, low calories and 23g of protein with each scoop.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I get these from Krogers, 30g of protein, 1g of sugar...I usually just have one for breakfast and or before/after a workout. I used to mess with powered protein, shaker cups etc, but don't much these days.

premier-protein-shakes.jpg

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Cardio in the morning works great for me. A simple 20 minute run 4-5 times a week is the difference between me being around 210lbs instead of 230lbs, everything else remaining the same.

Right after I make a smoothie (Costco frozen fruit mixes, almond milk, carrots, honey, ginger) and add a scoop of protein (50/50 mix of whey and plant based protein).

I use the Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder from Amazon in addition to buying bulk whey isolate from Sprouts. Eventually I will switch to only plant based powder but it's expensive.

Cutting out as much dairy as possible is something I have also been trying to do in addition to cutting down significantly on red meat. Doing both has made a big difference. Most of my protein comes from eggs and fish these days.

fitforspeed

Established Member
I recommend you not replace meals with shakes. They are just a supplement.
I second this above. You need atleast 3 decent quality properly proportioned meals for your goal(weight loss) then add in a couple of shakes to supplement those hunger times and sweet cravings.
BSN makes the best powders for shakes period. 60-70% of my diet comes from meal replacement shakes. I have gone from 170 lbs @ 19% body fat to 215 lbs @ 14% body fat over the last 3 years and most of my meals are liquid.

I have a buddy who only eats one solid food meal a day and the rest are from shakes. and he is a ripped beast at 225 lbs with 11% body fat.

People say its not recommended to consume more then one or two meal replacement shakes a day but the truth is with todays supplements and the quality they produce along with the ability to consume them without being bloated changes everything.

I take them to gain weight cause I can consume a 1000 calorie shake in about 30 seconds but I have a real hard time doing the same with solid food. But u can consume the shakes to lose weight as well but of course u don't want the high calorie shake like the True Mass from BSN.

Their a little more expensive then the others but for a good reason. Its very granular and does not bloat u.

and the absolute best way to add Protien to ur diet without extra calories is a supplement called Genepro. 30 grams of Protein in a table spoon! yes a table spoon!

https://www.amazon.com/Medical-Prot...F8&qid=1517420501&sr=1-1&keywords=genpro&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/BSN-SYNTHA-6-Protein-Hydrolyzed-Micellar/dp/B01DY8NO9I/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1517419817&sr=8-1&keywords=bsn+protein+shake&th=1
I also second the BSN line, the Syntha six taste is unbeatable imo. Taste like a milk shake and surely will satisfy any sweet cravings.
I'll looking for a protein shake to supplement breakfast and lunch. Something I can use in a blender cup and low in sugar. Really want to get into habit of good eating and exercising at night. My breakfast and lunch decisions are generally bad. I want to change that. What do you guys recommend for Protein shakes.. again to LOSE weight not to gain....Hahaha

Thanks!!

My wife runs a GNC and also was a figure competitor before we started having kids. I have tried all kinds of products and we are both also fitness trainers. She can ship products, so if you should be interested send me a pm. Whatever you do just keep moving and try to make small improvements daily.

nxhappy

Established Member
this is a terrible idea !

for best results eat small healthy meals throughout the day (instead of 2-3 large meals) ....and exercise at least 6 hours per week to start

SirShaun

Established Member
I've been mixing some Superfood Green Grass Powder, with a Protein Powder for breakfast. Not the tastiest, but better than no breakfast at all. Typically holds me over till lunch. Find it on Amazon, and pair it with your protein powder of choice.
https://www.amazinggrass.com/store/green-superfood-original.html

Should probably try to meal prep your lunch. Couscous/Rice and a Protein.

Cut out sugar, drink lots of water, see where it gets you. I need to get back on it myself. I've been slipping up drinking soda, and need to drink my coffee black.

I did a couple of months with a natural stack of supplements. (Testosterone Booster, Estrogen Blocker, Fat Burner, also added in a Nootropic). Shit's expensive though ($100~/month), makes you **** like a rabbit, overall generally feel better, more energy, and makes dieting easier.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
You don't need shakes. Just cut out sugar and grain, then get a little exercise (just something a bit more strenuous than yard work helps) and you can shed weight fairly quickly.

Coiled03

Established Member
How the hell does anyone cut out sugar? It's in almost everything but water, it seems.

Coiled03

Established Member
It's not that hard if you do your own cooking. Eat meat and veg, but very limited starchy stuff like potatoes.

Yeah, that's the other thing. I don't know how anyone can live on a diet that consists of nothing but chicken, fish, and vegetables. I think I'll take the extra 20lbs to be able to enjoy beer, red meat, pizza....you know, good food and drink.

08mojo

Established Member
You don't need shakes. Just cut out sugar and grain, then get a little exercise (just something a bit more strenuous than yard work helps) and you can shed weight fairly quickly.

^This. Just eat meals made from real food--nothing processed. If it's something that will spoil fast, it's most likely a good choice.

I dropped close to 40lbs last year by eating healthy vs eating processed/fried garbage (plus a consistent workout everyday of at least 30 minutes). It's not hard to do, and you'll be surprised how quick you begin to detest the foods you used to crave.

08mojo

Established Member
Yeah, that's the other thing. I don't know how anyone can live on a diet that consists of nothing but chicken, fish, and vegetables. I think I'll take the extra 20lbs to be able to enjoy beer, red meat, pizza....you know, good food and drink.

You don't have to cut out beer, red meat and pizza (well, maybe the pizza). Just quit eating absolute crap for every meal. I still enjoy beer, I still enjoy red meat--and I still love tacos. Skip the premade, processed foods.... skip the fried versions and go for the grilled versions.

Eating better isn't complicated. Lots of people want to take it over the edge: track macros, adjust micros, examine every gram that goes into their body... All that is good and well if you are entering a competition or want to bro it up at the beach. If you want to enjoy life and feel good, just eat wisely and get off your ass (this worked for me). I feel better than ever, can easily go out and mountain bike all day; but I don't have six pack abs! My goal was to feel good and have energy all day.

Users who are viewing this thread