Proof Subframes work and recommended!

01bluesnake

Established Member
Wow, sorry to see the loss, but definitely happy you are ok. Anything you can do to tie in suspension and chassis will help and these cars being unibody are no exception. I was looking at a cage as well as frame setup to make the car as rigid as possible. Very scary to think that the mod you did is what possibly saved your life and you could not be here posting this. Again, glad to see you are ok, a car can always be replaced.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I saw Steve and the car yesterday. The sub frames definitely helped thats for sure. He also had a set of them in the showroom, I lifted one and its very light. I was surprised at the price too. The are high on my mod list now

squeak93

Established Member
These were already on my short list of suspension parts as any car I've had that had power has had subs on it. Glad you're ok. Cars are replaceable..... People aren't.

flS/R

Established Member
hate to see a good mustang go down like this. It is good to hear that the subframe connectors saved the day. Definitely worth the time and money to install these. I am happy to say I have a set on my car and they really improved the ride and feel of the car. Now I know that they may end up doing more than that in case the worst happens.

OP, it is good to see you come out of this unscathed

5lho

Established Member
I'm glad you're ok and I'm not attacking you but the Mustang passed an NHTSA crash test like this one no problem, no subs. This type of crash is one of the crash tests new cars are subjected to.

What blows me away is how strong these pony cars are. Straight into a wall at highway speed and the front wheel doesn't even move and the passenger cell is untouched.

Camaro is even better, it just fully aced, 5 stars, every crash test administered. Challenger is good too, but, being bigger, it should be.

Now, before anybody says, meh, all new cars are good, check out the crash test on the Mercs, Lexus and Audi. All have had cars fail crash tests in 2012 models.

RFM50

Established Member
Steve I have told you over the phone multiple times but I will say it again, I am so glad you are ok. A car can be replaced but a life can not. Subframe connectors where already on my long list of mods to do but I think they just got a priority bump big time.

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
Sorry but this is the insurance adjuster coming out in me, why didn't you just hit the damn cat.

I am sorry this happened to you, I really am, and you have convinced me to buy some SFC's.

jdcobra

Established Member
It's kind of too late for what ifs and why didn't you. What happened happened and it sucked ass but at least he is ok! :beer:

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
hate to see a good mustang go down like this. It is good to hear that the subframe connectors saved the day. Definitely worth the time and money to install these. I am happy to say I have a set on my car and they really improved the ride and feel of the car. Now I know that they may end up doing more than that in case the worst happens.

OP, it is good to see you come out of this unscathed

Thank you

Glad your alright Steve, that crash looked nasty! Somebody was looking out for you man!

Telling myself that all the time.

Steve I have told you over the phone multiple times but I will say it again, I am so glad you are ok. A car can be replaced but a life can not. Subframe connectors where already on my long list of mods to do but I think they just got a priority bump big time.

:beer:

Sorry but this is the insurance adjuster coming out in me, why didn't you just hit the damn cat.

I am sorry this happened to you, I really am, and you have convinced me to buy some SFC's.

I really wish I did. At first I was doing the what if and that and i should have done this......

It's kind of too late for what ifs and why didn't you. What happened happened and it sucked ass but at least he is ok! :beer:

What I also keep telling myself

kingnut

Established Member
Glad youre ok! I dont brake for cats I HATE THEM! Lol

so running over cats is cool huh? the OP did say he got on it, i know (only 5psi). there is no one at fault here but himself.

as far as this clown

Not to bust your balls too much but why are you just "considering" them for your car.

My personal view is that anyone who buys a mustang and doesn't put them on as one of their first mods is not only an idiot but a stupid idiot at that.

Mr. king of vocabulary aka Mr. ball buster. pull your depends out of your crack. this is really important to you huh... funny, i havent seen you post a thread about it. nor is it in your sig. btw i think your lost The Terminator - SVTPerformance :bored:

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
Damn, sorry to hear and see this. Like everyone has said, you can replace that car and everything on it, but not your life.

What do you plan to replace it with?

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Damn, sorry to hear and see this. Like everyone has said, you can replace that car and everything on it, but not your life.

What do you plan to replace it with?

I have ideas on what I want to do. Nothing set in stone yet though. Driving a normal car now is kinda nice. LOL But it wont last lol

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
I have ideas on what I want to do. Nothing set in stone yet though. Driving a normal car now is kinda nice. LOL But it wont last lol

Ha I hear ya, Stepping out of my car and into My GF's Malibu is kind of a relief sometimes. No one trying to race you constantly, riding your bumper through the curves, revving at you, etc.

REPCobra10

Established Member
You should've ran the cat over...:thumbsup: In all seriousness, I'm glad that you're okay and escaped without serious injuries, Steve! I've been thinking about getting sub frames for my car for a while now, but I think that I'm even more inclined to get them now!

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Glad you're ok, that was a scary hit. You not going to buy back the car and pull off all the expensive parts? Although I'm sure the yard would appreciate it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread