Promotion Clutch Feedback

Silverboost

Established Member
I just installed their 26 spline 725 horsepower clutch set up (organic on 1 side and ceramic on the other) and so far I gotta say....I LOVE IT...The pedal effort is half of the factory clutch and there is absolutely zero chatter. I am still playing with the adjustment of the engagement as it engages pretty quickly off the floor. I have the fiore firewall adjuster, stock cable, and the fiore quick release quadrant setup. As far as the feel goes you are able to slip it rather easily and it seems as though it engages/disengages very quickly without the on/off feeling.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
+1 EXAAAACTLY i have said the same words numerous times, since installing mine over about 2 years ago. every thread that i have responded to about clutches i ALWAYS mention ProMotion Performance! the pedal sooooooo much lighter than stock clutch. it actually feels like any other normal manual car. also the clutch has never chattered even once since install. i still have yet to hear a single chirp from their TOB too! and the car is my dd! have put about 30-40k miles on the clutch so far.

if i ever have to replace the clutch again, i will be going back to them!

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
Great to hear. I need to look into these.

how much power are you guys running? Track experiences?

mine is just my work-horse/DD. minimal mods. 2.8 upper, JLT RAI, steeda cat-back, and tune. she does see some hard/spirited driving here, and there.

i couldnt ask for anything more from a clutch. 40k miles, and not even so much as a chirp from the TOB. and never any slip, chatter, etc. plus i dont have to worry about my left leg/calf being three times the size of my right, due to the heavy ass stocker.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Interesting option. My original clutch is still holding power but the throw out bearing has finally started to make noise.:nonono:

I will have to do something fairly soon I suspect.

liedenfrost

Established Member
Interesting thoughts on the ProMotion clutch. That might be something to consider in the future. I've got 27000 miles on the original factory clutch and its holding up fine. I have 315 NT05R drag radials out back and it sees "spirited" driving and a some track passes. No problems so far. I don't know how long it will last or what I will end up replacing it with. I like the stock clutch for street use. I would probably use something different at the track though.

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
I had a SPEC stage 3 before and that thing chattered like a mofo was not fun for a little while

delvin.a

Established Member
Looking into this for my next clutch. I've gotta Zoom twindisc and I ised to like it but I hate it now. It chatters like a mofo, doesn't slip at all with 500rwhp but it's a som of a bitch to drive in any kinda stop and go or low speed parking lot situations.

Users who are viewing this thread