promote The Dark Side of MM.net

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
Faststang23 said:
Had TMAC car made 470 RWHP on SCT dyno as he has said it did on Diablo dyno this post would never be here, Here are the facts, not speculation, Reinhart was NEVER in the front seat, he was in the passenger seat, he was asked to go to lunch in the car since all the dyno tuning had been completed before he even got there. He drove down there in a Blue Marauder so one of SCT owners could see the JT trim setup that he wanted Dennis to put on his car. TMAC was upset because SCT had to rape the timing because the IAT was over 189 degrees on the third pass on the dyno, when TMAC picked the car up it was still slightly rattling at part throttle, so SCT data logged an IAT of over a 139 degrees at part throttle, the SCT Technician even showed this data to TMAC, apparently the after cooler was not working, or it had a restriction. The pipe going to the Throttle body was so hot you could not hold you hand on it, so what does TMAC do, accuse SCT of detune the car, they actually probably saved him from blowing the motor up, yes Dennis should not have gone to lunch in the car, but he did not drive the car was never left alone in the car, To say Dennis had SCT detune the car is just plain silly.

Well Gee, that is some really specific information here. I wonder where it has come from out of the blue? AIT over 189 degrees on the dyno, now that is using some numbers! Let's make it sound really interestng, tell them it was over 200 degress and the SCT staff was cooking popcorn off the steam that was rising.

Either Mr. Slimehart finally has made his way over here too without the balls to use his own name or has a good SCT lackey trying to do some damage control! I'm even surprised that you guys admit DR was in my car at all, that's honesty for ya!

One excuse and twist after another. The "just lunch" theory at 3 o'clock in the afternoon was a good one. Logan's email to me that David could not tune the car and called Dennis for help, his reason for being in the car, was even better. Now this specific number crunching data smoke screen is really dynamic! Why don't you guys just post some way out of whack data logging file and put my name on it and go the extra mile. Oh, and thanks for looking out for me so my car did not blow up. Great damage control guys.

All about the $$$$.

Let's see, $50. per 13 vendors per month on MM.net is $7800.00 annually. How much have contributing vendors paid extra to show support? Contributing members? How much in donations? Hom much to get a banner to cycle quicker than others? How much to have the little square advertisment boxes on the left side of the main log in screen?

When you give such great vendor protection to keep the money coming in, guess what happens? Some vendors who are very unethical will migrate and enjoy the forced protection, which is okay as long as the Marauder wheels are greased.

Keep up the good work!

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
OH, I guess the blue Marauder with the MO tag "show me state" you guys where tuning on the SCT dyno was a figment of my imagination too. Just drove it down coincidentally on the same day I was there.

DR had 2 cars there for tuning and had driven DP's truck back from his shop after he did some AC work on it. So he was in and out all week, and I am to believe the kit was not scrutinized!

And further, he told me that the aspect he liked most about what the Procharger kit was that Greg had fabricated the intake tube across the top of the radiator, maf and filter in stock location. He liked it so much he outright copied it!

He did not copy it to a car of his own though, Oh wait, he has never put his own charger on a car of his own, just uses other peoples cars to experiment on. Why is that?

Last edited:

F-16

Established Member
Faststang23 said:
Had TMAC car made 470 RWHP on SCT dyno as he has said it did on Diablo dyno this post would never be here, Here are the facts, not speculation, Reinhart was NEVER in the front seat, he was in the passenger seat, he was asked to go to lunch in the car since all the dyno tuning had been completed before he even got there. He drove down there in a Blue Marauder so one of SCT owners could see the JT trim setup that he wanted Dennis to put on his car. TMAC was upset because SCT had to rape the timing because the IAT was over 189 degrees on the third pass on the dyno, when TMAC picked the car up it was still slightly rattling at part throttle, so SCT data logged an IAT of over a 139 degrees at part throttle, the SCT Technician even showed this data to TMAC, apparently the after cooler was not working, or it had a restriction. The pipe going to the Throttle body was so hot you could not hold you hand on it, so what does TMAC do, accuse SCT of detune the car, they actually probably saved him from blowing the motor up, yes Dennis should not have gone to lunch in the car, but he did not drive the car was never left alone in the car, To say Dennis had SCT detune the car is just plain silly.
It seams by the posts I'm reading that something sound's a little fishie. This Guy TMAC didn't get a good tune or wasn't happy with the tune some one gave him at SCT. It also seams that he ( TMAC )went to Dialbo and got a tune. I wonder if he is happy with the tune he got at Dialbo?

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
F-16 said:
It seams by the posts I'm reading that something sound's a little fishie. This Guy TMAC didn't get a good tune or wasn't happy with the tune some one gave him at SCT. It also seams that he ( TMAC )went to Dialbo and got a tune. I wonder if he is happy with the tune he got at Dialbo?

On a more positive note, I am very happy with the tune from Diablo. Diablo did it right the first time, and continues to tune other people's Marauders as well with no problem. I do not need to expand much on that though. From what I have been reading on MM.net a few Procharger kits have been sold, another customer yesterday, so others can experience a Diablo tune and post for themselves.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
Let's play a game:

Who can pick out of the following who did not drive my car -

A. SCT Tech
B. Santa Clause
C. DR
D. SCT Janitor
E. Posea
F. Homeless Guy
G. Jar Jar Binks (Logan)
H. Fat Bastard
I. Easter Bunny
J. Complete Miami Dolphins Team including Cheerleaders
K. Mickey Mouse

7DMACH1

Established Member
I can tell you one thing. I'm a vendor on M&M. I go by TheDealer on there. I have sold thousands of dallar of parts on there. When I asked Logan about being a supporting vendor, there was no set fee, just asked me to make a donation that I felt comfortable with. I've never seen a problem on that site. Maybe I'm blind!!! Ray

DJP

Established Member
It looks like Darth Vader is out of his element. LOL. It's not easy being a dicktator on somebody elses site, I guess.

Last edited:

Logan

Established Member
It's called the high-road. ;) I admit it, everything Tmac says is true, he's the one who's pure of intent and heart, I'm just evil... I'm completely okay with whatever you choose to believe. Honest, my feelings won't get hurt...

DJP

Established Member
Logan said:
It's called the high-road. ;) I admit it, everything Tmac says is true, he's the one who's pure of intent and heart, I'm just evil... I'm completely okay with whatever you choose to believe. Honest, my feelings won't get hurt...

Hey Logan, who gives a crap about your feelings? You should take that high road back to YOUR site. There's lotsa banning that needs tending too.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
00 Aggie said:
Take this bickering to smackdown!

You may be onto something here....

Why not start a "Rant" forum at MM.net. While we're at it, why not ask the members and vendors there if they want censorship of hostile rants. I think they would prefer to let things take thier course.

I have noticed that the members will "shut down" someone who is off base.

....or

We can just come here.... to what is basically the competitor :eek:

00 Aggie

Its just a slow vert...
Established Member
Yeah this had some good info, but the last couple of days has turned in name calling and bickering, if I wanted that I'd go to Mustangworld!

SlowFord

Tmacs car was never detuned. Timing was pulled out because the car was about to catch on fire. Visible steam was coming off the intake tube. Naturally, if 7-8 degrees of timing is pulled out, the car is going to run like crap. The intercooler was not working and this was shown to Tmac with live data. Of course, he got the intercooler fixed and it magically picked up power with more timing, who would of thought. You cannot tune through a computer to fix mechanical problems, I don't care what kind of super tuner you think you are. I am glad Tmac is happy with his Diablo tune, we have all heard it a thousand times. I am however, curious to his car on a dyno other than Diablos with the tune that is in it. I saw a read from a Predator with there Diablo tune and there is no way that car would make over 430 rwhp.
Happy ranting

John

F-16

Established Member
tmac1337 said:
On a more positive note, I am very happy with the tune from Diablo. Diablo did it right the first time, and continues to tune other people's Marauders as well with no problem. I do not need to expand much on that though. From what I have been reading on MM.net a few Procharger kits have been sold, another customer yesterday, so others can experience a Diablo tune and post for themselves.
As long as they are happy with what they purchased. It seams from what I've been reading ProCharger & Triolgy S/C are the best ones. I will continue to do my Homework. One of these days I'll PM you My # and we can talk a little if you don't mind.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
SlowFord said:
Tmacs car was never detuned. Timing was pulled out because the car was about to catch on fire. Visible steam was coming off the intake tube. Naturally, if 7-8 degrees of timing is pulled out, the car is going to run like crap. The intercooler was not working and this was shown to Tmac with live data. Of course, he got the intercooler fixed and it magically picked up power with more timing, who would of thought. You cannot tune through a computer to fix mechanical problems, I don't care what kind of super tuner you think you are. I am glad Tmac is happy with his Diablo tune, we have all heard it a thousand times. I am however, curious to his car on a dyno other than Diablos with the tune that is in it. I saw a read from a Predator with there Diablo tune and there is no way that car would make over 430 rwhp.
Happy ranting

John

I'm not even gonna waste my time responding to the first part, but since it is not my car you observed a Predator hooked up to, must mean it is MarauderTJA's car. His tune is different than my tune. He is making 430 RWHP with the tune in his car right now. So I guess that shows how smart you are when my tune is different and I am running more timing.

And for your information, the intercooler was never touched. Another genius stated it might have had a blockage. If this was true there would be no boost. But since you know all the answers carry on.

Have a nice day at SCT orlando!

EDIT: And thanks for pointing out, if this story is true at all, that you SAW a read from a DIABLOSPORT PREDATOR which allowed you to see what the car was doing, and how!

Something NO SCT hardware will do. 9100 - NO, Xcalibrator - NO

And the fact that you saw 430 then was really accurate!

You guys need to go back to school or something! Knowing what I know now, I would not let you guys tune my lawn-mower!

Last edited:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
DJP said:
It looks like Darth Vader is out of his element. LOL. It's not easy being a dicktator on somebody elses site, I guess.

Don't concern yourself with His Imperial Flatulency, it will only make you congested.

It is nice to see however that these SCT guys and DR are coming on here under assumed names. What's wrong with stating who you are guys?

Trying to do a littel damage control when the incident is able to be told and people can actually read about it? It was better when His Royal Flatulence was censoring everything huh!

Can't take it, stop selling stuff!

bigdogjim

Simlply Complicated
Established Member
Hit the nail on the head!

tmac1337 said:
What's wrong with stating who you are guys?

Well on this part of your post I agree 100%.

Why are some over here using a "new" name? :shrug:

Makes you wonder what they are up to? :nono:

Brian@SCT

Established Member
this is sad to see, but unfortunatly happens when you try to help people. We took a car in to help a customer and dealer out, and spent our employee's time on and off the dyno to help. Not a cent was charged, nor did we ever ask the customer for anything. No agreement was made up front that the testing would be private, or that the results would be confidental.

We made a mistake, another dealer was visiting our office and during that time we were testing the car on the road. The decision was made, which was a mistake, to put more miles on the car and take it to lunch. We try to put as many miles on cars as possible when doing test work, to assure that we have recreated as many real world conditions as possible. The customer then assumed because another dealer rode in the car that it influenced us... or that we somehow gave them a bad tune or poor service. I guess I could initially understand how someone may think that, but a lot of time and effort went into the free service we performed, and nothing was ever asked for in return. Additionally, the car was not mechanically correct when it arrived to us, so we couldn't complete the tune at the time.

I made several attempts to clear the air with the customer, including our last response on 3/4/05. I have made it clear that the issues he has with any other vendors is not somthing that SCT can resolve or wants to be a part of.

To Tim,
If you want to keep bashing SCT, that is your choice. But if you feel that SCT did you wrong, I have to respectfully disagree. Show me any communication where you were promised total secrecy of your tuning results. It doesn't exist, because if we were made aware of the sensitive issue it would not have ever happened. Also show me where SCT ever charged anyone a dime for helping you, because it is my understanding that the work was done for free to help you out.

I have already agreed another vendor should not have been riding in the car, and I have already emailed you a personal apology. I thought you accepted, because on 3/4 you said you felt the matter was over. If not, what else do you want SCT to do?

Brian

TooManyFords

carpe noctum.
Established Member
Brian,

Thank you for your post. I think you have gone above and beyond the call of duty.

As a fellow businessman, I certainly understand your position and can sympathize for you. I learned a long, long time ago that you cannot please everyone.

In this case, you have come forward and publicly apologized for the indescretions. It takes a pretty big man to do that, for all you MM owners reading this. I know, I've chewed shoe leather myself on at least one occasion.

With that said, I certainly hope that we can all move forward knowing that there are those of us willing to take the high road. SCT would not be in business with shoddy products or business practices.

I've heard both sides of this and have to say that the truth lies somewhere inbetween as is usually the case. We need to move forward, and in this case the SCT bashing needs to end. SCT needs to keep working to improve their tunes and we all could go to public relations school just to bone up, so to speak.

Sincerely,

John

David Morton

Established Member
Finally made it over here and what do I see? A former member of MM.net on a rant about SCT and Logan. :cryying: Gimme shelter!

I hope you don't think I'm bashing you TMAC, it's just an observation. You might sleep better if you let this one go.

The problem with this type of e-vengance is that it doesn't accomplish the intended goal, to exact retribution by issuing punishment for perceived sins. Go outside and shout to the birds, bud. I doubt if anyone has kept away from MM.net or decided against the SCT products because of what you've said. At least folks here won't be thinking you are the one that has has a "problem". :loser:

And I post under my full name and still think those that use "handles" put CB radios in their cars. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread