promote The Dark Side of MM.net

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
DJP said:
That's cool, Tallboy. I hear you. However, I've seen other sites that may validate recent claims on this site. Is it possible that some people are joining this open forum to chime in about their experiences?

DJP, if your talking about Big Bird it appears he came off the TruthaboutReinhart site and has a small story about a car of his being dyno'ed at DR's and his HP going down to NA'd numbers or something like that.

If that is the case come right out and say it, no need to be vague and talk in confusing jargon.

Do you have any information about other sites than that?

DJP

Established Member
tmac1337 said:
DJP, if your talking about Big Bird it appears he came off the TruthaboutReinhart site and has a small story about a car of his being dyno'ed at DR's and his HP going down to NA'd numbers or something like that.

If that is the case come right out and say it, no need to be vague and talk in confusing jargon.

Do you have any information about other sites than that?

Sorry to talk in riddles, TMAC, but from a legal standpoint I'm going to have to decline your request to be more specific.

All I can say is do some research and see where it leads you.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
DJP said:
Sorry to talk in riddles, TMAC, but from a legal standpoint I'm going to have to decline your request to be more specific.

Thanks for the tip but I have better things to do with my time. That man has problems and needs lawyers that is his affair of his own doing.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
DJP said:

From a "Legal" standpoint"??? He tried to threaten the Thunderbird board with a letter from his attorney, that mentioned something about "defamation of Character" just because that board administrator over there wouldn't delete all the posts where people were talking negatively about him, but that's just a bluff, and the Thunderbird board owner never complied. Speaking your mind and sharing your opinions over the internet from a legal standpoint falls under freedom of speach, and freedom of press. So I for one cannot understand why you would state that it's from a "Legal standpoint" that you cannot comment. That's just what he wants people to think, so that he can continue his deception.

Last edited:

DJP

Established Member
BillyGman said:
From a "Legal" standpoint"??? He tried to threaten the Thunderbird board with a letter from his attorney, that mentioned something about "defamation of Character" just because that board administrator over there wouldn't delete all the posts where people were talking negatively about him, but that's just a bluff, and the Thunderbird board owner never complied. Speaking your mind and sharing your opinions over the internet from a legal standpoint falls under freedom of speach, and freedom of press. So I for one cannot understand why you would state that it's from a "Legal standpoint" that you cannot comment. That's just what he wants people to think, so that he can continue his deception.

Well BillyGman, as usual your point is well taken. You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned the T-Bird Forum. That is the other site that I was refering to, and I believe TAR is an offshoot of.

I know, as do you and others, that DR went after the T-Bird site with his lawyers because some members of that site had the audacity to voice strong displeasure for the work that was done on their cars by the aforementioned vendor.

When I mentioned a "legal standpoint" I was not refering to concern for myself, but rather concern for this site that we are engaged on. I don't know what the end result to DR's legal posturing with the T-Bird site was, but I would not want to see this site go through that same headache, although I'm confidant that a huge site like this would squash a petty effort like that. You do mention that the bluff was called by the T-Bird forum, but I see every negative statement against DR was accompanied by some type of disclaimer, what's up with that?

And yes, we do have this thing called freedom of speech and freedom of press. But we also have this thing called defamation of character. Do I believe the posts on the T-Bird forum against DR? You're damn right I do. But all it takes is one malicious post absent of any truth that could be harmful to a site such as this. And there within lies the slippery slope.

I'm no lawyer, granted. Just a concerned member. In retospect, I apologize to the admin for opening up a can of worms that may have better been left closed.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
DJP said:
I see every negative statement against DR was accompanied by some type of disclaimer, what's up with that?

Hmmm, I haven't been on there since that was done. But if those posts haven't been deleted, then my guess is that the so called threat of a law suit didn't have any teeth to it. I'm no lawyer either, but for what it's worth, I believe that if someone files a Lawsuit against someone for defamation of character simply because of what that pewrson wrote, then the burden of proof is upon the party that filed the suit. In other words, the plaintiff would have to prove that what the defendent said or wrote about him isn't true since the plaintiff is the one filing the lawsuit.

Anyway, thanks for your explanation. I can appreciate your concern.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
I think they would also have to show the court what harm was done as a result of the remarks made.

Faststang23

Established Member
BillyGman said:

Actually this is not what happened at all, I have known Dennis for five years, and yes we do not always see eye to eye, but no matter what is said here, this will continue the flame that is already started, Dennis contracted American transmission in Jacksonville to build 4R70W to the build sheet JW wrote American sent out at least 4 transmissions that were not built to that sheet, when those customers found this out they were issued refunds some of those transmissions were over two years old, Dennis was accused of being a crook, so this blew up on the TCCOA Dennis was told if American transmission issued a statement this problem was of no fault of his, they would stop the slanderous posts, American transmission sent a letter and called the site owner of the TCCOA, he did just the opposite and the posts continued so you tell me what you would do, and what does this topic have to do with this site, its all gossip and hearsay. As if you have nothing better to do, some of the things that are said are slanderous, but unless you have 35 K there is very little you can do about what any one says about you on the INTERNET, some of what is said is not freedom of speech its plain garbage.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
Faststang23 said:
Actually this is not what happened at all, I have known Dennis for five years, and yes

Since you work at SCT (go back and check his first post bashing me) what you have to say does not matter as you are financially complicit as well in at least one of his other dealings.

My father always told me if you sleep with *****'s you will probably catch something. I can tell your crotch is itching. You made that choice in your business associations.

I had no problems buying things for my car up until the point of adding the blower. Now I fully realize that the car after-market and tuning business is highly unethical. So many ways to inflate dyno numbers, hide custom tuning, not take responsibility when money is taken in yet a third party is doing the actual work (which the customers will not know until after the fact).

Are you saying that everything posted about the person in question is false?

Since you know him so well why don't you tell us why?

Because many of us have heard the sob story more than a few times. Can so many people be wrong?

Your last name begins with a P. Why don't you just come out of hiding and argue your points along with saying who you are?

2Marauders

FordNut was already taken
Established Member
Faststang23 said:
Actually this is not what happened at all, I have known Dennis for five years, and yes we do not always see eye to eye, but no matter what is said here, this will continue the flame that is already started, Dennis contracted American transmission in Jacksonville to build 4R70W to the build sheet JW wrote American sent out at least 4 transmissions that were not built to that sheet, when those customers found this out they were issued refunds some of those transmissions were over two years old, Dennis was accused of being a crook, so this blew up on the TCCOA Dennis was told if American transmission issued a statement this problem was of no fault of his, they would stop the slanderous posts, American transmission sent a letter and called the site owner of the TCCOA, he did just the opposite and the posts continued so you tell me what you would do, and what does this topic have to do with this site, its all gossip and hearsay. As if you have nothing better to do, some of the things that are said are slanderous, but unless you have 35 K there is very little you can do about what any one says about you on the INTERNET, some of what is said is not freedom of speech its plain garbage.
I have been dealing with Dennis for about 2-1/2 years and have heard most of these stories too. Even seen some of them unfold. And we have not seen eye-to-eye on occasion. But I have never seen a transaction that he was involved in that he would not go out of his way to fix when something went wrong. I saw an exhaust system that didn't fit right. He paid the muffler shop to make it right. I saw a torque converter that was substituted for the specifically ordered PI converter in a tranny build (the PI converter was on back-order). The customer wasn't happy so Dennis shipped the correct converter to the shop of the customer's choice and paid to have it swapped. I've had shipping delays and had to hound him at times to get things out to me. I've received the wrong part and had to get him to replace it with the correct part. But you know what? I've never seen him refuse to try and make things right. Actually when you call to complain he usually asks "what do you want me to do to make it right?"

Some of these guys have an agenda and want to do all you can to hurt him, but guess what? It has the opposite effect in that it gives him free advertising and helps him to learn how to improve his business.

DJP

Established Member
Well, I do have an agenda just like everybody else does, but it certainly was not to bash Dennis. I was just responding to a members question using information diseminated on the net.

Dennis did some work on my car back in 1/04. Was I satisfied with the work? No. Did he really F**K up the car to the exent that it cost me thousands to fix? No. A new tune and a minor adjustment was all that was needed to put the car where I initially wanted it to be. My experience with Dennis was he's a courteous guy. I'll give him props for that, even though it's totally irrelelavant when your dropping $3500 on mods.

Good for you guys who came here to support him. I'm sure your experience with him was beyond satisfactory. However there are legitamate people out here whose experiences with the man are not so stellar, and to wave the other side off as gossip mongers with some type of hidden agenda is at best, close-mindedness.

Last edited:

DJP

Established Member
Defyant,Gman, I think you're both right. Like you said before, first,the burden of proof is on the plaintiff or respondent, or whatever you call them. Second, the statements must be MALICIOUS and knowingly UNTRUE. Third, the plaintiff must proove damages that the statements caused. Fourth...? Hmmmm. Any lawyers in the house?

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
All this crap about DR.

For the record, I ordered a set of Kooks headers and X-pipe through him in the MM.net group buy. I am taking a chance and will make up my own mind.

Users who are viewing this thread