Project "Snot Rocket"....CPR Turbo Build

HONDASAKI

Established Member
Great thread. Nice job thusfar. Are the headers coated as well as wrapped? I've been going back and forth about putting OPG in mine but it's just so much damn work and blowers seem to be the larger failure rate compared to turbo.

Looking forward to your initial startup. That turbo is gorgeous as well

Thank you! The headers are coated and wrapped. Trying to keep the heat in the turbo, it should light off quick. Dustin said it may be annoying how fast it spools. But I think I'll be okay with that.

HONDASAKI

Established Member
I made good progress this weekend. Got the headers on and new K member bolted up. I'll post pics in the AM

Only ran into one problem, the trans cooler lines are too close for comfort. I'm going to make and route new lines. Does anyone know a company that makes AN connections for a 6r80?

HONDASAKI

Established Member
IMG_2708.JPG

IMG_2710.JPG

IMG_2721.JPG

cb900f

Established Member
I made good progress this weekend. Got the headers on and new K member bolted up. I'll post pics in the AM

Only ran into one problem, the trans cooler lines are too close for comfort. I'm going to make and route new lines. Does anyone know a company that makes AN connections for a 6r80?
When I did my Roush I just disconnected the hard lines and ran new oil rated hoses to the cooler.

HONDASAKI

Established Member
Finally got to work on the car this weekend. I have everything pretty much buttoned up. Just waiting on the rest of the kit and I'll finish her up! I forgot to take pics of the intercooler mounted, I'll try to get some posted.
Can't wait to fire it up!

IMG_2739.JPG

IMG_2751.JPG

IMG_2753.JPG

Torchy

Established Member
Looks good man! Quick question. What is that work light that is clamped to your hood? I need!

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member

HONDASAKI

Established Member
Looks good man! Quick question. What is that work light that is clamped to your hood? I need!

Its a Blue Point work light. Its rechargeable, LED, and makes no shadows. You can take it off the clamp and use it anywhere too.

Users who are viewing this thread