Prochargers!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtfx6552

Established Member
Originally posted by Robertson Racin
You could rip on any of the blowers that are out..

The KB, poured oil, when it first came out. They never did fix that?? What about belt slippage?? What about the 2.4??

The Whipple, are we still waiting two weeks for that blower?? Oh, I forgot, 10-14 more days??

The Works, where the hell is that Blower???

Do we really want to do this???

All true. I still haven't got my recetly ported Eaton a clean pass, so I really don't care what aftermarket blower is the most successful. As I stated many times, I'm sure that once the bugs are worked out, that the PC cars will run good.

Do I think the PC kit, or even the larger kits coming out, will make all else obsolete? No Way!

To those contemplating which kit to get, I wanted to post what I see as the hows and why's of how the current batch of blowers are performing, and what they might be getting themselves into when they choose a given aftermarket blower kit.

JT

Robertson Racin

All American Muscle
Established Member
Originally posted by jtfx6552
All true. I still haven't got my recetly ported Eaton a clean pass, so I really don't care what aftermarket blower is the most successful. As I stated many times, I'm sure that once the bugs are worked out, that the PC cars will run good.

Do I think the PC kit, or even the larger kits coming out, will make all else obsolete? No Way!

To those contemplating which kit to get, I wanted to post what I see as the hows and why's of how the current batch of blowers are performing, and what they might be getting themselves into when they choose a given aftermarket blower kit.

JT

Good luck with the eaton, I'm sure you will love it..

I don't think the PC kit will make any other blower kits obsolete, I do beleive that if we give it a little more time, people will start running great times...

The owners with PC's have only been to the track a few times.. People need to give them a break...

Hell, right now the KB's aren't running that great, its the KB's with nitrous that are putting up the big #'s..

We have seen what, 2-3 KB cars run in the HIGH 10's without nitrous, Randy ran an 11.3.. Thats not that far off.. and he's only been to the track 1-2 times..

Robertson Racin

All American Muscle
Established Member
I can't help but wonder, if I had a PT76-GTS turbo kit on my car, and ran an 11.5 would people call my kit a failure???

I WOULD CALL IT "I'M LEARNING"

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Me? I'm very happy with my Apten ported blower. I'm just not looking for power above 515-520 at the rear wheels. If I was, though, it would be a very tough decision. Kenne Bell, Pro-Charger, Whipple, turbo? So many good choices. The Kenne Bell would be the best choice if you don't want to play around with fine tuning and want something already shaken out. But within another 6 months or so we'll be saying the same thing about the Pro-Charger and Whipple. They're new products and we're still in the early stages of the "learning curve". I have nothing negative to say about any of them, including the Eaton. As time passes there will be changes made to the aftermarket blowers that will keep the competition heated for some time. Instead of knocking each others power adders, we should be celebrating the merits of each. No matter what you're looking for, there is a product to match your need. I love it!

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by StlBlack03
This thread reminds me of some of the first Apten Eaton threads....anybody else?
That and the KB threads after they had been out for a couple months.

Friendchicken

Originally posted by CobraBob
Instead of knocking each others power adders, we should be celebrating the merits of each.

Ok, let me start the ball rolling...

Free engine rustproofing with any KB over 15 psi!

:coolman:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I agree with LTHL, if only our cars were set up for turbo's from the factory, all of our lives would be MUCH easier.

Blades

Established Member
Yeah damn skippy. If only X2C's kit didn't delete the A/C. I'm sure many people would be jumping on it. I wish Rad from inductionconcepts.com would chime in here.. I'd love to be a guinea pig for that kit but I don't want my car apart for 8+ months.

JMD0346

Established Member
Originally posted by hj16
....are Dyno Queens:burn:

I knew it all along, but after seeing a 17psi, IRS, 18" tire KB 03 rape a 20psi, SRA PC car its all coming around. They're nothing but Dyno Queens.

Flame Suit on ladies:burn:

Not that my opinion matters but I noticed the same thing. Ive also noticed a few people selling prochargers and buying KB's.:dw: Makes ya wonder.

Rwick7

Established Member
prejudice at it's finest

JT you lost a ton of credibility in my book with the entire apten eaton bashing you did. I think the quote was "the real blowers will be out soon" or some crap. Gimme a break. Now you have one on your car.

You make this 2-3 post stating opinions as if they are fact and then a few hours later make on saying how you just giving your "technical" opinions. Have you rode in a procharged 03?

The ONLY KB car that is running good times in my opinion is EngCon, I'm sure there are more around the country that aren't internet dweebs like we are, but gimme a break. I'm 3 tenths off of what would be deemed "succesful" in many peoples eyes on my 8th pass down the track on a brand new setup and now the prochargers are a failure? Of course you remember I'm not the greatest driver also...Columbus. Step back and look at what your saying.

If a 3.73+ gear is too much for a street car in your eyes that's your opinion.

In my opinion and equally modded and boosted 18+psi ATI car will win at the track, and to me that's all that matters at this point.

Show me a T56 KB car with stock manifold and pump gas that has run 10's. Is there any out there? Maybe so...I have no idea.

If you wanna go mod for mod on the same track...I'm ready. I'm in no way saying that the ATI has made the KB obsolete or have I ever called you a dickhead, so please stop putting words in my mouth.

You now owe me 2 beers at WFC :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by StlBlack03
Show me a T56 KB car with stock manifold and pump gas that has run 10's. Is there any out there? Maybe so...I have no idea.

Did you see the video of mauro running a 10.9 with his KB?

Rwick7

Established Member
Yes I was there :)

"stock manifold" is what I was looking for...just like me

Mauro's car is damn impressive for sure...he has about every mod in the book.

fubu795

Banned
I was there also, he actually has kooks long tubes, bbk X-pipe, and flowmaster 3 inch catback. Ran 10.92 on 18 Inch afs rims and BFG DR's

Rwick7

Established Member
I'm not trying to make some set of stipulations that KBs don't fit into...I'm just trying to compare apples to apples. I do have a solid axle but we were betting off the line the same on our best passes. So really I had a 100-200 lb weight advantage.

Fastford

Established Member
I am back, Well this seems to have got out of controll...

JT sorry for calling you a DICKHEAD, I got a little cought up in the BS.... I have been Racing Prochargers for a long time and I am confident that the PRocharger will Produce great #'s It isnt a failure as you speak of I dont think. It just need a little refinement.

As for my KB problems here it goes. I was given the chance to try the whipple head unit out, I bought the twin screw from Whipple. They had nothing else to go with it. So I had to use parts off my KB to make the kit fit on my car. I got the kit running on my car and everything was great made great power and didnt use a HPBH catch can. SO I am very happy with the results.

Since I had the parts installed on my car I was going to try to sell my KB. So I called KB and gave them a list of parts that I would like to buy for my KB and thats when all the sh-- hit the fan. I was accused by KB of using ther parts to help PROCHARGER manifacture kits for the 03. This was by James at KB. He told me that JIm Belle new I was helping Procharger and using his parts. So I made several attempts to buy what I needed with no luck. Well I get drawn into some post on Modulars about me buying parts from KB and I got Pissed off, So I talked with Hammer about the problem he tells me that Jim thinks I am helping Whipple with there kit. I came up with a lame excuse for why I needed to buy the parts I need, not telling them I just purchased a Whipple blower and I need some of KB's parts to get my KB back in running order. . I think that if I want to do that I can. I paid good money for both parts.....

My temper got the best of me, I was black balled because I purchased a whipple. I dont know what the conflict between Whipple and Belle is but it runs deep....... If whipple copied KB or if KB copied Whipple, I dont know I just wanted to get my KB togeter to sell it because I was happy with the performance of the WHipple, I just think it looks cooler thats all......

I really dont care at this point about any of the blowers . This has gone on for too long, I need to concetrate on my Super Street outlaw car if I am going to make it to World Ford this year. I have driven an 03 with every blower made right now, KB Whipple, Procharger P1SC2 and F1A. I will stick with the Screw on my daily Driver 10th Vert.

If I have offended anyone I am sorry, I just have been racing mustangs before the first mustang cobra came out and have been around it for a while... Hell look at the battle between Prochager and Vortech. Its been going on for 7-8 years now. Good luck to everyone with what ever blower you buy, I am sure you will be happy with it.

See ya at the Race track.
Jason Cohen

Last edited:

kino

Established Member
Can I get a refund on my time for reading this thread?

Why is it every time a new option on power adder opens up, there is always a pissing test? I mean I've seen the KB vs Eaton, the KB vs Apten modded Eaton, and now the KB vs Procharger. Am I seeing a pattern here?

So when are we going to see the KB vs Turbo arguement?

We all on the same team people, lets remember that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread