procharger vs vortech why is one better

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
You can upgrade all the way to an F2M if you wanted. It doesn't show the D1SC as being an option but believe me it is. Im running a D1SC that I bought used froma guy that had it on a 99 Cobra.

Yup that was my procharger, with headers, x pipe, exhaust, 500RWHP @ 10PSI. and that was on a 4.10 pulley. It was a freak till she started smoking like a chimney damn crappy stock pistons.

blackvenom01

Established Member
thanks guys i think thats everything...ill prolly go ahead with the procharger for my upcoming winter project...

96supersnake

Established Member
The diff between the P1-SC and the D1-SC is the impeller and the compressor housing. Which equates to about 4psi more with the same pulley. Any P1-SC can be upgraded to the D1-SC for about $1400ish. The D1-SC is rated at 1400 cfm. It outflows the Novi 2000, but according to Paxton, the Novi 2200 rated at 1450cfm. The drawback to the Novi series is thier step up ratios are still less than the Prochargers so getting them to its CFM ratings will be harder to do than the Prochargers.

Thanks for the info! I am looking towards a D1 or the Novi 2200, and like to hear all opinions on these .

JGIPSON

Established Member
V3

V3 is rated at 1150cfm. Thats actually 50 cfm below a P1-SC. So whats so good about this new blower? Is it the 3.6 to 1 step up? Or becasue it doesnt flow as well? Or is it the fact they copy Procharger on the self containing? Who are you going to trust on self containment? A company who is new to the self contained world or Procharger who's been doing it for 10 years?

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
V3 is rated at 1150cfm. Thats actually 50 cfm below a P1-SC. So whats so good about this new blower? Is it the 3.6 to 1 step up? Or becasue it doesnt flow as well? Or is it the fact they copy Procharger on the self containing? Who are you going to trust on self containment? A company who is new to the self contained world or Procharger who's been doing it for 10 years?

qft

blackvenom01

Established Member
well i got another question about the actaul kit...i decided not to forge my internals for alittle while and just run a safe tune maybe 420 hp or something like that...the question is do you feel thats a safe tune should i go higher lower and would i need a fuel pump upgrade other than injectors...this kit on lethal for instance says it has one do i still need to upgrade more???

Procharger 99-01 Cobra HO P-1SC Supercharger w/Intercooler(6psi) [PC-1FF211-SCI] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

JGIPSON

Established Member
Procharger

you will need and svt focus pump, 39.5# squirters, and no more than 10 psi. The largest pulley on the P1-SC will make 10psi. Also make sure that you get the stage II kit and not the H.O. kit. The H.O. kit's P1-SC has a cut down impeller which hinders performance above 6psi and doesnt include a fuel pump. The D1-Sc will make at least 12psi on your setup. To keep the stock shortblock alive with the D1-SC, you will need to cap off your rev limiter to 6K to keep the extra boost from being made. Also a Meth kit might be helpful

blackvenom01

Established Member
thanks that was everything i was thinking bout even the stage 2 versus high output...this could be a stupid question but is there diff versions of the vocus pump

FSSNK

Established Member
Go with the Procharger P1SC stage 2, you will not be disappointed.

blackvenom01

Established Member
ya thats what i was actually looking at idk why i posted the HO one lol...um a friend of mine just said that our fuel pumps are rated to 500 hp and that i wouldnt need a focus

SpittingCobra

Established Member
no ive looked all through that i just wanna know what actually makes it different such as different impeller or something like that.... i guess i could call them and ask

D1sc has helical cut impeller blades while P1sc are straight. The step up ratio says it's the same on their website (4.10:1)

Erich

Established Member
I had a Procharger P600B on my 2V motor and now a D1SC on the 4V. Both blowers work really well. In addition to the power, I actually like the noise they make.
That being said, people get a ton of power out of S-trim vortech setups. Their upgrade to T trim is reasonable too. I would say you can't go wrong either way.

The cfm numbers you see on procharger have to be taken with a grain of salt IMO. If you just compare between their own units, it seems that there is not that much difference. So somehow that max cfm is misleading.
Erich

Users who are viewing this thread