Votes: 122 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

prochargedcobra

BADENUF
Established Member
y2k2gt said:
So, when do you have full boost with a Centri?????
Redline. If the kit is a 7 lb and your redline is say 6,000 then you would only see 1.75 at 3,000 rpms. At twice the rpms it would be 4 times the boost. Twice the rpm then 4 times the boost. Not as powerful as turbo but no lag at all. The turbo would however pull on centif. And plus one on the belt slip problem. I hate that about blowers, but with the right setup= no problems.

BowTiesSuck

Bagel Taste Tester
Established Member
so if you have a say f1-c procharger, and are pushing about 850 to the wheels from a cobra, how often are you looking at tearing up belts, and why do people go through belts so much?

i feel like an idoit, but i only have a little ol' 1965 coupe with a 289 and am looking at getting a cobra and making a 800 to 900 hp street machine... with a 03-04 cobra, what would be better for street strip? price doesnt really effect me, i live by myself and have a great job... i want something and i want it done right...

thanks for the help guys!

prochargedcobra

BADENUF
Established Member
BowTiesSuck said:
so if you have a say f1-c procharger, and are pushing about 850 to the wheels from a cobra, how often are you looking at tearing up belts, and why do people go through belts so much?

i feel like an idoit, but i only have a little ol' 1965 coupe with a 289 and am looking at getting a cobra and making a 800 to 900 hp street machine... with a 03-04 cobra, what would be better for street strip? price doesnt really effect me, i live by myself and have a great job... i want something and i want it done right...

thanks for the help guys!
If your pulleys arent aligned right then yes you will have problems but if belt wrap is good and pulleys aligned then no prob.

sc96cobra

Established Member
t70vsttrim.jpg

Check my dyno sheet. Red line was t-trim setup @17 psi. Blue line turbo @ 14 psi. The t-trim made more peak with more boost but the turbo murdered it though the mid range with less boost.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
sc96cobra said:
Check my dyno sheet. Red line was t-trim setup @17 psi. Blue line turbo @ 14 psi. The t-trim made more peak with more boost but the turbo murdered it though the mid range with less boost.

[/end thread] :rockon:

tommygun

Established Member
I just made 767rwhp/731tq with a PTK 76mm kit on a 97 cobra

it pulls like a freight train

motor has stock cams, minor ported heads, FR500 valvetrain.

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
prochargedcobra said:
Redline. If the kit is a 7 lb and your redline is say 6,000 then you would only see 1.75 at 3,000 rpms. At twice the rpms it would be 4 times the boost. Twice the rpm then 4 times the boost. Not as powerful as turbo but no lag at all. The turbo would however pull on centif. And plus one on the belt slip problem. I hate that about blowers, but with the right setup= no problems.
Since you don't consider having to wait for redline to be at full boost. Here is another video I made yesturday. I have the car in 3rd gear which is 1:1 at 1500rpm. I then go wot till I finally hit 19psi. And you call this lag. :shrug:
th_Sep15_0002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread