Established Member
i thought there was only the 2.1L for are cars

where did you get a 1.7?

when i was talkin about the 9psi i was talkin about 9psi on the f1a

sorry should have mentioned that

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
^^^ the 2.1L liter replaced the 1.7L and 2.2L that were originally available for our cars in 2004

Last edited:

01rdcobra

Established Member
I don't there is a pulley big enough to make 9psi on the F1A, this blowers are for 15+psi. Unless you are looking to make upwards of 600hp than go with the F1A but if all you are looking for is 9psi get the D1.

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
o i am lookin for more then 600rwhp thats after forged internals

i just figured if i could get it to 9psi for a lil till i fordge then crank it up

01 Venom

Established Member
LOL you are? I had to send my blower back to steggy for a front to back rebuild because the jerk off that polished my blower messed it up. hehe

seriously 2001svtsnake, if your plan is to make huge power like that, start at the bottom and work your way up. Buying an F1a with no supporting mods is dumb. Build your motor, upgrade your fuel, tranny and the rest of the drive line, brakes?... do all the things you need first then buy the blower. Things never work out well when you work backwards.

Also it would be wise to formulate a plan of attack, are you ready for the cost of making that kind of power? Do you have all the unforseen costs in mind, because always add some percentage on top of what you think its gonna cost, because its never what you thought it would be. Are you ready for the amount of time and work it takes to build a car like that? The car will need to be maintained much more then a normal car, you will be wrenching it all the time. Do you have a good tuner? be prepared to spend some money to tune the car at that power level.

Do your homework man because from reading your posts it doesnt seem like you know what youre getting yourself into.

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
well i know if i went kb route im lookin at 10g's for install and everything i will need.(injectors and what not)

i know bottom ends are around 4-5g's

dont worry this is like my project car i have all the time, there is no hurry

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
01 Venom said:
LOL you are? I had to send my blower back to steggy for a front to back rebuild because the jerk off that polished my blower messed it up. hehe

seriously 2001svtsnake, if your plan is to make huge power like that, start at the bottom and work your way up. Buying an F1a with no supporting mods is dumb. Build your motor, upgrade your fuel, tranny and the rest of the drive line, brakes?... do all the things you need first then buy the blower. Things never work out well when you work backwards.

Also it would be wise to formulate a plan of attack, are you ready for the cost of making that kind of power? Do you have all the unforseen costs in mind, because always add some percentage on top of what you think its gonna cost, because its never what you thought it would be. Are you ready for the amount of time and work it takes to build a car like that? The car will need to be maintained much more then a normal car, you will be wrenching it all the time. Do you have a good tuner? be prepared to spend some money to tune the car at that power level.

Do your homework man because from reading your posts it doesnt seem like you know what youre getting yourself into.

wow, you sound like me. I like it.:thumbsup:

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
01 Venom said:

what he said is key.
if your not ready to spend about 15-20k then you probably shouldnt be looking into an f1 kit.
i just went through all of that this past winter and i spent everybit of 12 k and im only running a d1 with supporting mods.

J

99flblackcobra

slow cobra
Established Member
2001SVTsnake said:
well i know if i went kb route im lookin at 10g's for install and everything i will need.(injectors and what not)

i know bottom ends are around 4-5g's

dont worry this is like my project car i have all the time, there is no hurry

Your still going to need a better Tranny , rearend and fuel system thats about another 10K.

wallie40

Established Member
I ran the novi 1k since oct of 2004, and i gave it up 6 months ago for a Heaton swap. It really depends on what you are looking for. I wanted the seat of the pants big block feel. I drove the car in 105* temp, with the AC on, no issues. I took long trips, no issues. It was very very timid in regular driving.

It made 420hp/390tq with 39lb injectors 90MM maf and the 03/4 tank and pumps with a custom tune. I rebuilt when i went to the Heaton swap and the pistons/rods/bearings are pristine.

The centri was great thou. I loved pulling up next to 03/4 termi's in 3rd or 4th gear(those were monsters with 4:10's) and if my RPMS were high they were surprised.

I loved the way my novi sounded. No ricer ever pulled up next to me a stop light and revved.... All he had to do was listen to the whine/whistle and it was over.

Just my input since i have owned both.

-pAul

Users who are viewing this thread