procharger v. kb

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
ok right now i have 3.73's within the next 2-3 weeks i will hopefully have 4.30's swapped in.

i am also in the process of savign for a s/c

i have had my eye on the k.b 2.1 kit

but i just thought i know the kb makes instant power, and the 4.30's would be to much.

i also know that the prochargers start there boost at about 3k, so if i had the 4.30's that puts me right in my sweet spot everytime wouldent that be the better option. seeing how i can swap to a f1a down the road?

i am thinking right or should i just go kb?

this is my daily driver and ocasionally strip car, so i need boost right away on the street

CobraKalas

Established Member
haha, after driving my dad's roushcharged GT, my mindset went from procharger d1sc to a KB INSTANTLY! its insane the amount of fun these things are, and the Roushcharger is only rated at 415 crank HP. imagine a 2.1 at 18+psi (max i think?) on a new edge with that instant torque that we lack in the lower rpms.

Cobra925

MAXIMAL SVT POSTER
Established Member
4.30 with a KB is retarded I would stay 3.73.....4.30 with a Procharger a must you want the revs.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
i actually rode in a procharged '98 the other day. it pulled suprisingly stong in the lower rpm's still. i'm pretty sure he has 4.10's too.

and also, ATI does indeed make the procharger. but i think what 2001SVTsnake was looking for was ---> ATI = Accessible Technologies Inc.

01 Venom

Established Member
4.10s with my Eaton Roots blower, wouldnt have it any other way, with the BFGs and some clutch/throttle work, things runs insane.

Dont be afraid

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
^ i agree. i loved my setup w/ 4.10's. it was a lot more responsive than w/ the 3.73's. they still get it done though for sure! but i knew for future mods i would want a little less gear, so i just had the 3.73's put in when i put all the 31 spline stuff in the rear...

2001SVTsnake: if you already have 3.73's you might as well keep them in. if you go KB or Procharger they'll be great!

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
well the s/c wont be for about 1-2 years maby sooner

so i am doing 4.30's n/a

i can always keep the 3.73's, cant you reuse them?

about goin kb why wouldent i go procharger when i will be put right in the boost zone every time with the 4.30s it will almost be like instant power correct?

whats the most hp you can get out of the kb isint it liek 606rwhp

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
2001SVTsnake said:
whats the most hp you can get out of the kb isint it liek 606rwhp

not sure an the exact amount but peak numbers don't mean anything...I do know that the 2.1 will make way more than the bottom end can handle LOL

i've been running 9psi with my 1.7L for 20K miles now and i couldn't be happier. Oh and don't fear the gear man! i have 3.73s in my KB car and i wish i would have went with 4.10s

Cobra925

MAXIMAL SVT POSTER
Established Member
Kb will make max tourqe at like 2,000 rpm. That is what makes it more fun on the street. Very useable and you don't need a lot of gear.

01 Venom

Established Member
I am with Cobra925, both blowers will make a fun car. But I love the way my roots behaves on the street, its like an untamed beast heh.

I am really having a blast with it

01yellercobra

Established Member
I still have my stock gears with my Procharger. It still makes enough torque around 2500 to smoke the tires from a roll in second gear. I've driven a Whippled Cobra and it was a lot of fun. But then a 620rwhp car can't be anything but fun. But I like the way mine drives. When I'm out of boost in the lower rpm's it's like driving a stock car. Even my wife can handle it. When the boost comes up, then it gets crazy.

As for the gears, you can reuse the 3.73's in the future if you decide to go with a KB. And yes, the 4.30's will definitly put you in the sweet spot no matter when you stomp the pedal.

Users who are viewing this thread