procharger v. kb

reaper30

Established Member
It doesnt take much to make a f1a work on anyones car. It will bolt up to pretty much any procharger kit as long as you have the right mountin bracket it can go where your p1 or whatever is. Dont get a f1a till u have a built motor, front mount, 8rib, and are ready to clear 600. Make sure you have all supportin mods like fuel upgrades. As far as loudness if you dont like it loud STAY AWAY from F1A. It sounds like a jet. I personally love it on mine. Its a killer blower and if setup correctly it will hang with pretty much everything out there.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
99riocobra said:
man i tell ya, these centi blowers are looking appetizing to me right now!

i am so dissapointed in you right now:nonono:

:-D

Last edited:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
i know! i am dissapointed in myself for considering it! the pep talk really got me back into gear! i promise, no more comments like that again...:thumbsup:

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
on a side note i noticed that the 03-04 f1a kit does not include the intercooler.

it says it uses the stock intercooler

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
yes, the 03/04 F1A kits use the stock air-to-water intercooler. the reservoir is relocated along the driver side of the engine bay.

Last edited:

01rdcobra

Established Member
I have a P1 and making about 10psi (making 430rwhp) and the car pulls very strong all the way to redline, I feel it hard from 4k on. I like my set up but I would like to go with some 4.10's in the back to hit that sweet spot all the time. I don't know if its just me but I just put a Kmember on and it feels like the front end is a lot lighter and it seems to pull harder. I say go with a D1 at 10psi for a stock bottom end and when you forged the motor throw a smaller pulley.

Hi-Hat

Established Member
01rdcobra said:
I have a P1 and making about 10psi (making 430rwhp) and the car pulls very strong all the way to redline, I feel it hard from 4k on. I like my set up but I would like to go with some 4.10's in the back to hit that sweet spot all the time. I don't know if its just me but I just put a Kmember on and it feels like the front end is a lot lighter and it seems to pull harder. I say go with a D1 at 10psi for a stock bottom end and when you forged the motor throw a smaller pulley.

So the car's all done cesar? PM me!!

Last edited:

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
To throw in my .02, I have to say go with a Procharger. However, I am biased since ATI rebuilt my P1SC for free several years ago when I toasted it in a FFW race. Due to that alone, I will always recommend them.

However, if I were to start fresh, I would have to ask several questions:

- Do you want stock driveability at low rpms? Or do you want a sudden hit?
- What are you going to do with the car? Street, road course, drag strip?
- Do you want that high rpm surge and scream? Or a pull from the bottom end and a whine all the way through the band?

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
brkntrxn said:
- Do you want stock driveability at low rpms? ?

how do the centris drive around town??? i have only drivin a few centri cars but in both instances i really didn't spend mmore than a few seconds below 4K

I know my KB car drives just like it was factory stock around town (actually it drives a good bit better with the tune from hermann) but in normal operation you would never know the car is blown

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
this is my race/ show car

it only comes out maby 3-4 days a week only for a lil while

this car is driven hard the whole time seeing how im 18. lol

i figured with the 4.30's i will have instant boost anyways with a procharger, seeing how it will prolly put me at 3k every time

i do and have always wanted a kb (cuz of the scream and the power they make). and the fact that this is mostly a street driven car, ocassionally track and i will have instant power

but i kinda realised for the money i can get a f1a setup that will put down more then the whole 2.1l can handle with smallest pully

its kinda like there both gonna make me fast but what do i want to dish more money for if i have to

01rdcobra

Established Member
2001svtsnake, Do you have a built motor that can handle the amount of boost the F1a makes? If not than you're going to blow it up.

Oncebitten99'

Green & Mean
Established Member
Im thinking of going the 2.1L route myself. I was wondering though do i have to go easy on it when i get it on. Im only gonna run like 5psi starting out. but i mean like powershifting at 6 grand on stock bottom end stock trans and stock clutch and all.

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
i know that why i was wondering if i could push 9psi for around 4-5 months

in that time i should have a built bottom end

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
2001SVTsnake said:
i know that why i was wondering if i could push 9psi for around 4-5 months

been doing it since Oct 2004 and 20k+ miles

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
o so you are running 9psi

now another thign is i seen that it dosent come with the intercooler. would i be better of buying a 03 intercooler? what else would i need?

or if i called procharger do you think i could order the d1sc and have them swap to a f1a right off the bat but just pay the diffrence

and dbl o how much power are you putting down

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
^^^ see page one....If you do get the KB get the Intercooled kit

Users who are viewing this thread