Procharger + spray?

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Running a p1 with 13-14 psi with a built bottom end and 42lb, 255 in tank walbro and a KBBAP. My fuel system is holding me back from making anymore horsepower and my tuner has a very conservative tune on the car making 500 or so to the tire (one dyno put down 507 another made 496) with 18 deg of timing. I'm curious as to what nitrous setup would work and if I would need to upgrade my fuel system to do so or leave it how it is and run xxx kit that doesn't require me to upgrade. I got smacked around the other day by an 04 cobra and I ended up shreadding my belt in the race and that left a bad taste in my mouth, I will be going turbo + fuel system when I have 10k laying around but for now I want a dual tune, one for blower and one for blower + spray. The tune on the car right now is ran threw the computer, so I would imagine I would need a flip chip or something of that nature.

Now for what i'm shooting for with the setup if my current system would allow for it.

50-100 shot sprayed at about 3k-3.5k to about 6.5k when I go WOT with some sort of window switch so i don't blow anything up if I miss a shift, etc. I'm not sure how to have the spray come on in 2nd gear, as I don't want to spray in first. Looking to more for torque increase rather than a high peak hp. Let me know what you would suggest. Jake aka dananner is running something similar with meth and only 36lb injectors and 17psi on a vortech with a 100 shot.

JKD

Banned
In my opinion, blower and juice setup's are a nightmare waiting to happen. I would suggest being patient, enjoying the blower setup while saving for the turbo. Trashing the motor would set you back even farther from your turbo setup. Impatience is the great killer of all.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
JKD said:
In my opinion, blower and juice setup's are a nightmare waiting to happen. I would suggest being patient, enjoying the blower setup while saving for the turbo. Trashing the motor would set you back even farther from your turbo setup. Impatience is the great killer of all.

Patience is a virtue :) You are not the first to suggest this to me, i'm just curious to see who is doing it.

99flblackcobra

slow cobra
Established Member
I was looking into doing the same thing but more boost seems to be much cheaper. If you have a 8 rip pulley setup you could up the boost to around 18#s. Alot of guys are running a small shot to cool the motor down like a 35 shot. Let me know how it goes I still may run juice if I can get a system for a good price.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
99flblackcobra said:
I was looking into doing the same thing but more boost seems to be much cheaper. If you have a 8 rip pulley setup you could up the boost to around 18#s. Alot of guys are running a small shot to cool the motor down like a 35 shot. Let me know how it goes I still may run juice if I can get a system for a good price.

I could throw more boost but I run out of fuel. I was looking to spray to increases hp but not need more fuel. I can't remember if dry or wet doesn't need fuel. Down side is a fuel system is 3 grand when all is said and done. That plus a re tune would kinda be pointless without having the turbos. I would waste money on a new tune for the blower when I would have to get another when I get the turbos. I might just say **** it and get some control arms and a new clutch and take it to the strip and get the best out of it as is. Any suggestions for upper and lower controls arms, heard steeda is good along with MM. Santa is coming soon.

ClOckwOrk

Established Member
either way you need to ADD fuel when using nitrous. if your fuel system cant handle what you have now, you'd better get that going first. either that, or you'll have to have a seperate fuel system just to run the nitrous off of, because a wet kit will pull fuel pressure from your system, and a dry kit will just make your car run even more lean. and just for the record, blower+nitrous is the shit if your car is built for it. my contour SVT ran a hundred shot all year and it ran like a champ, the only thing i lost was the stock clutch. i now have a thomas knight blower setup but it's getting rebuilt as it blew bearings after a mere 6 miles! i plan on spraying a 75 shot on top of 11psi but not before i put my new engine in with forged pistons, making the whole rotating assembly forged :)

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
spyder1337 said:
I could throw more boost but I run out of fuel. I was looking to spray to increases hp but not need more fuel.

can't have one without the other. nitrous simply lets your motor burn more fuel by adding oxygen (well it cools the intake charge also, but that only makes the intake charge denser, which is, well, adding oxygen). the more o2 and fuel you burn, the more power you make. sounds like your best bet is a big ass fuel system. and then more boost, n2o or both. (both is my prefered method:rockon: )

Ironhand

Banned
Change the pump and ungrade the injectors to 60lbers and crack the boost up to 18 or 19psi. It will be cheaper then having to go buy a nitrous kit. Plus you wont have to refill the bottle so often.. All said and done though. Go ahead and get some of the parts you need now for your turbo setup. You'll need the injecters and pump at some time. Might as well do it now.. :)

hardcore35th

Established Member
dsc02174po7.jpg

My junk. Its up and running now. This was a couple of weeks ago.

ex-PJs snake

That Others May Live
Established Member
Ironhand said:
Change the pump and ungrade the injectors to 60lbers and crack the boost up to 18 or 19psi. It will be cheaper then having to go buy a nitrous kit. Plus you wont have to refill the bottle so often.
Yeah, was thinking the same thing.

The question here is what type P1-SC does he have?
Does the one he have allow greater than 15psi safely without castastrophic failure chances increasing on his particular unit?
Model specs NEVER mean such is safely obtainable, despite quotes of "Max boost 32" or "Max Impeller RPM 60-65,000."
Increasing boost means increasing A/F (air intake and fuel), therefore, those concerns must be integrated into adding nitrous, as mentioned by an aove member.

Anyhow, IMHO, he needs to upgrade the P1SC to a D1R or F1R, upgrade to allow for more air and fuel intake, and then add a 75-150 shot nitrous boost.

03InThe11s

Established Member
ex-PJs snake said:
Yeah, was thinking the same thing.

The question here is what type P1-SC does he have?
Does the one he have allow greater than 15psi safely without castastrophic failure chances increasing on his particular unit?
Model specs NEVER mean such is safely obtainable, despite quotes of "Max boost 32" or "Max Impeller RPM 60-65,000."
Increasing boost means increasing A/F (air intake and fuel), therefore, those concerns must be integrated into adding nitrous, as mentioned by an aove member.

Anyhow, IMHO, he needs to upgrade the P1SC to a D1R or F1R, upgrade to allow for more air and fuel intake, and then add a 75-150 shot nitrous boost.

well, P1SC's are good for about 600 hp, so i believe it has more in it, especialy considering he has great flowing heads. as for the max impeller speed, well, if a manufacturer recomends a max of 65,000 rpms, that means its safe to well above that. so, if he runs it up to 65,000 (if that is indeed the recomended limit) he is well within the safe limits of his blower.
no doubt however, that a D1 would be a better blower choice for that power level, and will use his existing kit.:beer:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I have a p1. This is not a self contained blower and is similar to the p600b. I'm running a 12lb pulley and making 14-15 psi in good air. I guess i'll just wait for the fuel system and a turbo.

03InThe11s

Established Member
well, he can use existing stuff for a D1, as it is the same basic blower as a P1. a F1 is a great blower, just large. and a F3? well, ummm. overkill?

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
the f3 is huge!! my buddy is running a f1r on his race car...when he gets the motor in and the headunit mounted ill post pictures

Users who are viewing this thread