Procharger or Vortec 99 Cobra

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I never said Procharger was a lesser blower just that you clearly pointed out with your F1 comment that a D1 and a P1 become very inefficient at about half their advertised max psi rating.

Its my thread man, if I want to put things I have hear out there and see if there true thats the point of it. You obviously are a Procharger nutswinger, and actually have done more to turn me away from procharger then good because your trying to argue with me in MY thread about shit I have heard.

So please if you want to argue keep it to yourself.

Why even post a thread about Procharger vs Vortech if you dont want to hear both sides? Would anybody learn anything if info and ideas were never challenged? Just because you create a thread doesn't make you God of the thread. All you did was lay down the guide for the discussion and info to be presented in the thread. If you dont like what I have to say just because it doesn't jive with your opinion than that sucks for you. But to my knowledge and going over and reading what I have posted I have used a lot of facts and provided real info with links to where I got the info. As far as I can see that should satisfy what you wanted all along in your original post. I said both were good companies and both have a head unit that can get you to your horse power goal. I'm not a Procharger nut swinger, just providing info about the subject. :rollseyes.

You keep saying I'm proving your point about the D1SC but I dont see how. Is the D1SC less efficient than the F1A? Yes it is because the F1A flows more cfm and has more boost potential so therefore it is better in the upper boost levels. But the same would go if you compared the V2 to a JT trim. How about we compare the JT trim to the F1A? F1A flows more cfm and has more boost potential. Compare the V2 to the D1SC. The D1SC flows more cfm and has more boost potential. At the end of the day the difference between Vortech and Procharger are going to be rather small when comparing similar head units at the same boost level. You can make 700rwhp with a Procharger and you can make 700rwhp with a Vortech. It really all depends on personal preference.

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
fact #1 you are using the inflated CFM ratings that procharger puts out vs the realistic CFM ratings that vortech releases.. Have you had the blowers checked?? I am sure you would see that the ratings of procharger are inflated and the ratings of vortechs are under inflated.

fact #2 Just because a step up ratio is higher, doesnt mean boost comes in earlier. If you take (crank pulley diameter x step up ratio x rpm) / supercharger pulley diameter, you will see that a pulley change is all that is needed to get the blower RPM you want/need.. also, when you try and spin a higher step-up ratio blower into the HIGH RPM area with a serpentine, you will see severe belt slippage... imagine coming up to a BIG hill on your 10speed bike... do you downshift to 3rd gear or do you upshift to 10th gear... each step-up has their advantage, but you clearly dont understand the differences.

Have you had the blowers checked? Have you put a P1SC, D1SC, F1C on a blower dyno and tested the cfm of each? Have you put a V2, T trim, and YSI on a blower dyno and tested the cfm of each? Or have you just heard of someone who may have done the test? If we are going to talk about people inflating info then look no further than Vortech. They were sued by procharger in 1999 because Vortech was putting out false info in an attempt to hurt Procharger sales. Procharger won. So going by the track record I would trust Procharger before Vortech.

ATI Procharger

If your going to say I'm wrong and that the info I provided is false at least come with something to show for it, a link, some kind of test results, graphs, etc. Other wise its just hearsay. So far I've provided info and the only thing you can say is I'm wrong. If you have some real data or info then please share it because I'm always eager to learn something new and if I get proven wrong then thats cool, we all get to learn the truth and we all win.

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
Have you had the blowers checked? Have you put a P1SC, D1SC, F1C on a blower dyno and tested the cfm of each? Have you put a V2, T trim, and YSI on a blower dyno and tested the cfm of each? Or have you just heard of someone who may have done the test? If we are going to talk about people inflating info then look no further than Vortech. They were sued by procharger in 1999 because Vortech was putting out false info in an attempt to hurt Procharger sales. Procharger won. So going by the track record I would trust Procharger before Vortech.

ATI Procharger

If your going to say I'm wrong and that the info I provided is false at least come with something to show for it, a link, some kind of test results, graphs, etc. Other wise its just hearsay. So far I've provided info and the only thing you can say is I'm wrong. If you have some real data or info then please share it because I'm always eager to learn something new and if I get proven wrong then thats cool, we all get to learn the truth and we all win.

yes, ive stood in the test room at vortech and watched most of those blowers tested.. Why do you think i said your FACTS were FALSE? Anyone who knows me knows that I am a straightforward guy. Ive done testing for MANY of the big 3 (vortech, paxton, and procharger) over my 10+ yrs of racing.

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
Again this is my thread to clear some things that I have heard about the powers so yes if you want to say im the god of this thread I will excxcept that.

Also, it seems you have said your please so again, please go somewhere else.

Why even post a thread about Procharger vs Vortech if you dont want to hear both sides? Would anybody learn anything if info and ideas were never challenged? Just because you create a thread doesn't make you God of the thread. All you did was lay down the guide for the discussion and info to be presented in the thread. If you dont like what I have to say just because it doesn't jive with your opinion than that sucks for you. But to my knowledge and going over and reading what I have posted I have used a lot of facts and provided real info with links to where I got the info. As far as I can see that should satisfy what you wanted all along in your original post. I said both were good companies and both have a head unit that can get you to your horse power goal. I'm not a Procharger nut swinger, just providing info about the subject. :rollseyes.

You keep saying I'm proving your point about the D1SC but I dont see how. Is the D1SC less efficient than the F1A? Yes it is because the F1A flows more cfm and has more boost potential so therefore it is better in the upper boost levels. But the same would go if you compared the V2 to a JT trim. How about we compare the JT trim to the F1A? F1A flows more cfm and has more boost potential. Compare the V2 to the D1SC. The D1SC flows more cfm and has more boost potential. At the end of the day the difference between Vortech and Procharger are going to be rather small when comparing similar head units at the same boost level. You can make 700rwhp with a Procharger and you can make 700rwhp with a Vortech. It really all depends on personal preference.

2003GTIZZLE

**** YO COUCH NIKKA!
Established Member
My vote would be Vortech for your blower, and Cobradude for sexiest tuner.

Seriously my V1 is older than dirt, does not leak, makes consistent boost and can be upgraded to SI trim to make it very comparable to a T trim for little money.

Vortech with a FMIC also gives you insane low end boost all the time, we have several setups that have run this and it works period.

Just my .02.

Hi Bob!

JTR

94venomV8

Established Member
I am not joining the argument but I also know that vortechs flow ratings are accurate and not inflated, one of my buddies has a YSI on his car and it actually flowed more then what vortech stated for the average flow of the blower. I do know that the Prochargers F1 units provide a ton of power as well. Also to Desert Cobra, in a previous post above you said that the procharger has a different sound that you like better then vortech, do you have a video or anything, I just dont know anyone with a procharger and was wondering what it sounds like compared to the vortech.

2V99GT

SVT God
Established Member
youtube is your friend.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rWkiFFOOw4"]YouTube- PROCHARGER F1A COBRA DYNO TEST 2 841.5rwhp/840rwtq[/ame]

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
^^^ What a beast, if only I could afford the blower, a built engine and the supporting mods. :rockon:

Swaie

Established Member
Well I can say this... Ive had the v3, and a P1sc on the same car. 2001 Mustang Bullitt orx, dynomax weldons. I changed nothing, even had it dynoed at the same shop. The V3 put down 362rwhp 379tq. I drove it around for a week it was cool. Then changed over to the p1sc and put down 410rwhp 402tq...So I kept the procharger.

tistan

Established Member
Well I can say this... Ive had the v3, and a P1sc on the same car. 2001 Mustang Bullitt orx, dynomax weldons. I changed nothing, even had it dynoed at the same shop. The V3 put down 362rwhp 379tq. I drove it around for a week it was cool. Then changed over to the p1sc and put down 410rwhp 402tq...So I kept the procharger.

That really doesn't tell a whole lot. What vortech kit was it? 362 rwhp has to be a non intercooled vortech kit.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
This thread got a bit ugly fast. I agree..if you ask for opinions expect opinions you may not like!

This isn't smackdown so if someone starts getting nasty the report it.

I have a Procharger but have never heard anything bad about Vortech. Probably fine with both. See which company has the better deal and go with that. Remember likely slightly more expensive to install Vortech due to oil pan issue, but if installing yourself then Moot point. Hopefully everything works out for you.

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
This thread got a bit ugly fast. I agree..if you ask for opinions expect opinions you may not like!

This isn't smackdown so if someone starts getting nasty the report it.

I have a Procharger but have never heard anything bad about Vortech. Probably fine with both. See which company has the better deal and go with that. Remember likely slightly more expensive to install Vortech due to oil pan issue, but if installing yourself then Moot point. Hopefully everything works out for you.

what oil pan issue?? Vortech's are available in EITHER oil fed or self lubricated.. Also, most shops (at least mine) dont charge extra for installing a oil fed supercharger..

Swaie

Established Member
That really doesn't tell a whole lot. What vortech kit was it? 362 rwhp has to be a non intercooled vortech kit.
a

It was the V3 non IC at 10lbs of boost. I'm not say which kit is better, Im only saying which kit performed better for me, and that was the procharger. There are 5 supercharged mustangs in my area. 2 prochargers, and 3 vortechs...one with the after cooler, all run 10lbs pulleys. My procharged bullitt is the fastest of the group buy about a car on the other procharged mustang, and by 2 on the rest. We all have about the same mods. But both of the prochargers leak a little. None of the vortech do at this time.

The p1sc seems to me to have more of a turbo whistle to it than the vortech, and is louder than the v3's, but that shit gets annoying sometimes.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
what oil pan issue?? Vortech's are available in EITHER oil fed or self lubricated.. Also, most shops (at least mine) dont charge extra for installing a oil fed supercharger..

Doubt extra charge per se but extra time to install.

Didn't know Vortech was offering self contained oiling S/C..Is that new for them?

01Cobra896

Established Member
What I find interesting about Procharger's site is that they do not show the compressor maps for their superchargers, just a spreadsheet. I am sure you can kinda guess with the numbers they show on their website though. I have a Vortech V-2 aftercooled on my Cobra and love it. No issues with it so far. My motor had issues with it though, that is a different story........

Users who are viewing this thread