Procharger or N/A

Speedwagon

Established Member
Been kicking this around for a while and I am still not totally convinced on adding a Procharger to my Mustang. I've been doing a lot of research and looking at Youtube vids but I still really like what a N/A car has to offer. Putting a Procharger on my car means that I will have to do extra maintenance on it every other oil change and also the fact that I will have to deal with more heat distribution. Can anyone else shed some light on any of these platforms and why or why not I should do one or the other. Thanks!

kdaly

Established Member
So many threads on boost vs NA. Its a matter of if you dont mind spending the money and the little extra hassle. You'll get 200whp for that trade off.

Tx5.0

Established Member
Go boosted, if everything is installed correctly you shouldn't really have any issues. Changing the oil will be a few minutes using the spray bottle method. I wouldn't worry about heat too much since your headers will get way hotter than your supercharger and they sit right there. Its not going to cook anything.

By the time you spend the coin to go NA, you could spend less and make more hp depending on what mods you consider while going NA.

_Snake_

Established Member
Been kicking this around for a while and I am still not totally convinced on adding a Procharger to my Mustang. I've been doing a lot of research and looking at Youtube vids but I still really like what a N/A car has to offer. Putting a Procharger on my car means that I will have to do extra maintenance on it every other oil change and also the fact that I will have to deal with more heat distribution. Can anyone else shed some light on any of these platforms and why or why not I should do one or the other. Thanks!

Are you satisfied with the power your car has? If not, then a Procharger (or other FI) would be a great choice. I have a P1SC on my Mustang and the "extra maintenance" is minimal. I also have zero heat issues driving in FL during the summer....I say go for it if you want more.

Speedwagon

Established Member
Yeah.. Im tinking the same thing here... Moving from PA to FL in the next 5 months and I guess I was a little worried about the heat coming from it. Thanks for clearing that up .. :)

_Snake_

Established Member
Yeah.. Im tinking the same thing here... Moving from PA to FL in the next 5 months and I guess I was a little worried about the heat coming from it. Thanks for clearing that up .. :)

Happy to help. Where in PA / FL?

demas

Established Member
David Patterson aka thedudeinblue (YouTube) has recently installed Procharger and also uploaded a review.
Check it out

nate714

Established Member
David Patterson aka thedudeinblue (YouTube) has recently installed Procharger and also uploaded a review.
Check it out

I found his review lacking in depth, but I am happy to see his youtubing career is doing well enough to build connections for vendors like procharger. I would love to boost my car

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
That extra 200 RWHP does me no good at all when I am passing mini vans and mopeds on my way to work. If I raced I would be all over boost, but 500 RWHP NA is the best route for me. It all depends on your goals man.

And you will not spend as much as a supercharger staying NA if you do your own work. I will be at the 4000 mark give or take, and I could have saved a few hundred off that looking back.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Wrong and wrong.

A 500 whp NA car will cost every bit as much as a 650whp entry level power adder.

Not to mention the drivability of a 500 whp NA car would not be an enjoyable daily drive AT ALL.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Either choice is good. Both have pros/cons.

What do you guys think it will honestly cost to get 450-500 RWHP N/A out of a 5.0? Some of you imply a supercharger is only a few thousand dollars and N/A is tens of thousands of dollars.

SCalla1384

Established Member
That extra 200 RWHP does me no good at all when I am passing mini vans and mopeds on my way to work. If I raced I would be all over boost, but 500 RWHP NA is the best route for me. It all depends on your goals man.

And you will not spend as much as a supercharger staying NA if you do your own work. I will be at the 4000 mark give or take, and I could have saved a few hundred off that looking back.

I agree. I've been debating on doing a full out na build or throwing a blower at it. While I'd love to go cams, CJ mani, and what not. my only issue is running out of power to make. You take $6000 and throw that towards a blower, or take $6000 and do an na build, the na car will be faster. A blower only centri car (stock exhaust) will be lucky to hit 600whp and itll be heavy. And can also drive like stock. Not sure why some people assume built na cars can't have good drivability.

And don't get to caught up in hp numbers. I've seen plenty of centri cars trap low to mid 120s. If I was making "600whp" and trapped that low, especially in good air I'd be embarrassed. Seen plenty of bolt on (stock cams) cars trapping low to mid 120s, my old white car included.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The most egregious is probably the comment on the $6k NA build being faster than a boost build. That is absolutely laughable and you know it.

Then the comment about 600 whp centri cars trapping low 120s yet stock cam NA cars "like yours" trap mid 120s!?!? What!?

So much false coming off your fingers it ain't even funny.

SCalla1384

Established Member
You're a moron.

I was just talking about this the other day. What does a typical run of the mill paxton or vortech go for? After all said and done, not including a hand held, or tuning is probably $6000 to do it right, correct? A procharger would be more too...

Take that $6000 and put bolt ons on. CJ mani, full exhaust, cams, Tubular k and a few other little things. That na car will be faster than that centri car. It will be lighter, have a stronger powerband.

I said lower to mid 120s. Dont twist around what i said. Unless you just cant read? My white car consistently trapped 122/123. And was still rather heavy on 93. Plenty of people with stock cams have gone 123+

At my home track, I've seen centri cars trap 125 and less. Seen it on the forums aswell. Nothing I said was untrue.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Ok. Even if what you said is true (which it's not) the centri car is still, in your words, faster.

Lol. Last I checked, 125 mph is faster than 123.

Who is the moron now?

When I had the Paxton I trapped 127mph my very first pass shifting into 5th gear with 3.73s. Full weight with a subwoofer in the rear with 19" drag radials, front swaybar, 91 octane, in 90 degree summer heat.

Boosted car makes more power 10 times out of 10 assuming $5-6k budget. This is not even arguable.

Users who are viewing this thread