Procharger Big red Race BOV

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Yeah, you really cant hear it blow off anymore, but Ill take the trade off of not hearing that damn sound anymore. I can hear the blower again!

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
...what BPV sound? :rolling:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJAveBER6-U]YouTube - F1A Mach 1 First Startup[/ame]

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
Anyone have a sound clip of a closed one...I have the open one and its old and loud I wanna switch to the closed

Apicia

Established Member
Anyone have a sound clip of a closed one...I have the open one and its old and loud I wanna switch to the closed

That's the point of the closed recirculated version, it is quiet!

SpittingCobra

Established Member

Movie
[/URL][/IMG]

Dntgtbit

Established Member
My question is, as of right now I have a 95 cobra with a d1sc and a stock black race valve. I want to get the big red. If I mount it in the stock location like most of you have, do I have to change my mass air. A few people told me that if I run the big red I have to change to a blow through mass air. Is that true? I currently have an sct big air 3000 on my car now. Any input would be great. Thanks guys.

Dntgtbit

Established Member
I am pretty sure mine is still draw Through. I'm new to the supercharging thing. But it's still a stock style mass air

Apicia

Established Member
I am pretty sure mine is still draw Through. I'm new to the supercharging thing. But it's still a stock style mass air

If your MAF is near your TB, then you have a blow through with the centifigrul supercharger. The MAF would need to be before the blower for draw through. Not many Prochargers are draw through.

You only need the big red if you are upping your boost. The stock bypass is good for 10psi and under.

96S/Cobra

Established Member

Your maf (mass air) has no bearing on if your car is set up for draw through or blow through. Any meter can be used for either. It's where the maf if placed as to which set up you have.

Draw through works like this. Air is drawn through your air filter, through your maf, then into the blower. The air comes out of the blower and up to your throttle body. Thus air is being "drawn/pulled through" your maf.

Blow through works like this. Air is drawn through your air filter, then into the blower. The air comes out of your blower, through your maf, then into your throttle body. Thus air is being "blown through" your maf.

Hope this helps to clear up a bit of confusion :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread