Procharger Big red Race BOV

Apicia

Established Member
Hmmmm.

Are there any other options?

Go with the enclosed race valve. I had mine recirculated back into my Anderson Power Pipe. It is basically silent. You hear a whoosh of air when coming off WOT, but nothing the attracts attention. My fuel pump (Weldon 2025) is what is loud right now and I am replacing it with a couple of inline pumps for street use. For the track, you can't complain about a pump that supplies 1400hp worth of fuel.

WDW MKR

Established Member
With as much air as the red valve moves, are the folks running the closed version concerned about excessive heat generated by recirculation? My open version is certainly loud, but I don't want the air recirculated.

Apicia

Established Member
The air isnt hot enough to cause a drop in HP big ehough to notice..

Agree, but the placement of the BOV is also important. You don't need your intercooler heating up, so place it between the exhaust on the head unit and the intercooler.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I placed mine in the stock bypass location about 8 inches from the blower on the first pipe that comes out of it.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Go with the enclosed race valve. I had mine recirculated back into my Anderson Power Pipe. It is basically silent. You hear a whoosh of air when coming off WOT, but nothing the attracts attention.

Can you confirm that its 1.5" I.D.? I may or may not recirculate my enclosed valve ...not sure. That's a big hose to be doing some bending in there. Do you have any pictures you can post up?

Furinox

Established Member
mine's the procharger black bypass but here's how mine is. I found radiator hose from autozone that had a 90 degree bend in it to make mine fit right. it sits in there perfect now.

DSC_0039_fhdrcopy.jpg

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
mine's the procharger black bypass but here's how mine is. I found radiator hose from autozone that had a 90 degree bend in it to make mine fit right. it sits in there perfect now.

So much room with a P1/D1/Vortech blower! It's like stuffing a softball into a golfball sized hole with an F1A.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
bro i need you to update your thread when you are done with a shitload of pics and vids...and driving experience:)

Yeahhh, I am still trying to get it installed. I bought the kit used and I think it is a 2V D1 kit (advertised as a Mach1 kit). :bash: So, I keep having to call up Procharger and get my missing pieces or make them. I will start a build thread to show my progress.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I had the enclosed valve open... I set it up recirculating and now its much quieter and no annoying whistle.

Users who are viewing this thread